The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) im a 66 year old great grandmother , worked 33 years but am retired so have lots of lovely swtor time .ive got lvl 55 chars {several} most are imps , started playing these games with first eq then played most of them , my family mostly thinks im nuts but two my sons play . so guess they understand , anyone know of a older crowd guild on jedi covenet?im in a guild atm but yes its younger people and not many on. love this thread but the 30s people seem like kids to me but im glad a lot 0f them like these games they are ones who will be keeping these games going bigger and better

Hmm, 50 yr old father who's still working, and gaming. I finally got some of the best kudos yet for being a gamer.

to quote my daughter's friends...

I wish my dad was a gamer like yours....he's cool

now that made my day.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/Belegnole/temp_zps2c060fe5.png

• 2 months later...
:rak_03:Ok I am 58 YO Male, for about 2 weeks, age that is :p. I am currently a Senior Engineer for the third largest TeleComm Company. I have been playing SWTOR for about 2.5 years and switched to SWTOR after playing EVE Online and Rift. Loved both games but the End games were getting pretty boring after a while. Besides I stood in line for an hour to get tickets to the first showing of the first Star Wars movie in Key West (1976) :eek: only to learn that the movie was sold out :mad: for that showing so I took the wife to supper and caught the next showing. She didnt get her popcorn but we loved the movie. I saw all of them in the theater and have all of them on VHS, still need to convert them to DVD. Star Wars ROCKS :Dbut the game is lacking for support :rak_02: and fixing issues.:rak_04:

Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

What about 30-year old professionals (that 45-year olds report to) club? :D Just kidding.

More seriously, I'm at the cusp of an age where people assume there is some game that I play when I get home. I notice that for people just 5-years younger it is almost a given that there is a xstation or an ibox or whateverthedevilthekidsareintothesedays at home.

The world is a changin'.

- Arcada

• 2 weeks later...

Soon to be 44 year old Teacher (Yep, English) , father of 4 married to just one. Been playing games since tabletop D&D in the 70s and yes we had a "Pong" in the house.

I'm still looking for that old(er) players guild .. I'm even willing to pay for server change to find it. I teach 6th graders, doesn't mean I want to game with them.

Cheers.

Can't say much for myself (25 yr old youngling here) but my boyfriend is 47 and a computer programmer for a major company stuck in an office surounded by failing data bases he says it's fun to come home and run about as hot scoundrel (he plays a female character). He said to me once 'If I am to watch sombodys arse run around on a computer screen I am going to make sure it's a cute one'

And here my Dad says that games are for kids. I should show him this thread one of these days. (Though he'd likely blow a gasket about it so I won't risk it.)

25 year old Hotel Front desk clerk here so I can't quite join this club yet. :p I still think it's really neat to see some of y'all in game and running around with us "whippersnappers".

Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

I don't think i got any 47 years old pair of socks, i do have a very old gun if that counts. 86, and keep getting younger :jawa_tongue:

48 year old female here, working in IT as a contractor at a Fortune 20 over the past 13 years, minus a 1 year lay off. I loved the post about hauling 2 laptops through security. My gaming Asus laptop goes along always on road trips. I've honed my routine down to not hold up the line at TSA with all the bins I need.

Back to SWTOR after a long absence, having started at launch, and finding myself kind of lost tbh. I am having to really re-learn my toons, only have one 50 I've not even started leveling yet. The friends I used to play with moved on to other things and I left too. Still a WoW player though I'm not finding much to do end game as I'm on a dead server with only a few raiding guilds and ours fell apart. Also fired up my GuildWars 2 again but never really established friendships there either so I will have to decide to put in the effort to do that - same with here. Have one WoW friend I've drug over he played a little before.

One thing I've run into I love is that age doesn't seem to matter, at least with the years of friendships I've built up in WoW. Perhaps I've been fortunate to just miss most douche-baggery. Hope to build up some friendships here, this is still a great game, I'd like to see end game content, but that will have to come with time and the patience of a guild or experienced raiders that will take a nub along. I'm so not a pvp'er.

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to bump this thread purely because I have been fretting about being too old for a while now. I'm a 37 year old lawyer and mostly play a weekend or two a month when I have some time at home. I'm delighted with the stories in this thread and love that this is a game for maturer folks as well :) Edited by TheEighthDoctor

That would be me, hit forty five in December. Self employed male that still loves gaming. Got into the mmo world back in '07 with SWG, followed that up with brief stints in Rift, WoW, DCO, STO, Neverwinter, EQ2, LOTRO, Tera and of course SWTOR.

Prior to mmo's, was mostly a console gamer, going as far back as Pong, yes 70's Pong :), Intellivision and the Atari 2600.

I'll game until I can't anymore. And stay off my lawn! ;)

Mid 40's married LEO who has been on the job for 18 years now. Before that I was a 19D in the US Army after I stopped going for my teacher's certification to be an academic (History was my field). Currently debating finishing that cert or getting a Paralegal degree (taking a few Paralegal classes atm). Need to do something when I retire. Not just a gaming geek also a cycling geek and my coworkers alternate busting my shoes over video games and wearing spandex when I am racing lol. Edited by Ghisallo