Fix Marauder!

TheGoodJunkie

you have 2 different abilities to increase your movement speed which Works while snared. You have 3 gap closers... lol. An you have 2 abilities that make it pretty much impossible to kite you. So where is your issue? What class you worried about? Sorcs ? BH? those two prolly the two easiest classes to kill as a Marauder.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end if it has the ability to perform at the same level as other classes it will not get buffed. They will not buff a class just cause majority of players cant use it right. It would unbalance the game for the players who use it right. So drastic buff is not going to happen.

But thats the whole POINT, if you're one of the pro players, if you're so good you've got 40 keybinds and you've learned all your abilities and you're using them situationally...

YOU SHOULD WIN. YOU SHOULD DO BETTER. THATS HOW GAMES WORK.

It should reward you for playing the hardest class by being the best, IF you do it right. But instead, our reward for playing the hardest class properly is... it catches up to about where the other classes are, when they just roll a rotation over and over.

Uh, no.

you have 2 different abilities to increase your movement speed which Works while snared. You have 3 gap closers... lol. An you have 2 abilities that make it pretty much impossible to kite you. So where is your issue? What class you worried about? Sorcs ? BH? those two prolly the two easiest classes to kill as a Marauder.

Uh, start listing those abilities. I have a feeling you're combining abilities from different specs, or from different ACs.

3 gap closers?!

We have ONE, which has a cooldown. Two, IF you spec rage. Dunno where 3 comes from.

Edited by miliways

But thats the whole POINT, if you're one of the pro players, if you're so good you've got 40 keybinds and you've learned all your abilities and you're using them situationally...

YOU SHOULD WIN. YOU SHOULD DO BETTER. THATS HOW GAMES WORK.

It should reward you for playing the hardest class by being the best, IF you do it right. But instead, our reward for playing the hardest class properly is... it catches up to about where the other classes are, when they just roll a rotation over and over.

Uh, no.

I have 36keybinds on all my toons... there is no reason not to...

Ok cause this is getting pretty sad.

Obliterate 10yards.An yes it works when people are above levels try jump clicking even though its shorter range you should be using this to leap up not force charge. Gives you 40% movement speed for 5sec WORKS through snares. You can consume 30Fury to get 15seconds of 40%movement speed an 10% dmg reduction. Granting 10Fury upon completion. Vanish after a knock back granting you 40% movement speed(closing the gap getting back on your target). Force Leap back to your target if your using it to open on a target that hasn't already used its knock back your a derp). Or you can just leap up to a target that's next to a object. That if they knock you back the object prevents the knock back. Happens all the time with the boxes on hutt ball they are your friend as a melee. If you get knocked off a ledge when there's a object near by your a derp.

You have force crush makes the enemy unable to kite you. You have Regular snares that make the enemy unable to kite you. I don't see the issue this is all one spec. The class isn't the problem.

Now we get force choke can be used as a interrupt. Force charge can be used as a interrupt. You get a regular interrupt you get vanish... yes this also can be used as a interupt. For example. BH procs unload. That is there main attack. Don't waste a interrupt on this ability. It costs them a lot of heat to cast it. Soon as he starts channeling Unload just vanish stops the cast an continue nuking him down... but anyways doesn't matter class is not broken.

Rage is the most successful PVP spec for Marauders. Sure you can enter arena on WoW as a fury warrior. But does not mean its better then arms.

If you do not prep yourself correctly how can you expect the best results?

Edited by Furyofwar

You have force crush makes the enemy unable to kite you. You have Regular snares that make the enemy unable to kite you. I don't see the issue this is all one spec. The class isn't the problem.

That's true we cannot be kited. We can slow/snare our enemies. However we cannot kill them. Force Crush's damage is a joke -.-

Marauders dont need anymore slows snares, need burst damage!

Besides, i am getting pwned by 5 grov rounds by commandos.. Which is pretty stupid -.-

I can't get any Commandos, what about this ?

Almost all classes can push others. Marauders cannot do that. We are getting pushed into poisoned water and also to deep space into WZ's.

However, we cannot do such things.

UNFAIR.

That's true we cannot be kited. We can slow/snare our enemies. However we cannot kill them. Force Crush's damage is a joke -.-

Marauders dont need anymore slows snares, need burst damage!

Besides, i am getting pwned by 5 grov rounds by commandos.. Which is pretty stupid -.-

Commandos are very easy to kill. They have almost no defense vs a marauder. For example they get 1 stun. 1 minor knock back if speced. An one large knock back if speced. They get a minor slow with unload. After that they must tank you. Now if we read my above post. We get multiple gap closers making there knock backs worthless. We get multiple movement speeds making there slows pointless.

we have 3 ways to interrupt them. We also have obfuscate which makes them a joke for 6 seconds. We also have 2 cds which make them a joke while they are up. If you die to this really easy class to counter this of all classes... your doing something so so very very wrong.

Ok cause this is getting pretty sad.

Obliterate 10yards.An yes it works when people are above levels try jump clicking even though its shorter range you should be using this to leap up not force charge. Gives you 40% movement speed for 5sec WORKS through snares. You can consume 30Fury to get 15seconds of 40%movement speed an 10% dmg reduction. Granting 10Fury upon completion. Vanish after a knock back granting you 40% movement speed(closing the gap getting back on your target). Force Leap back to your target if your using it to open on a target that hasn't already used its knock back your a derp). Or you can just leap up to a target that's next to a object. That if they knock you back the object prevents the knock back. Happens all the time with the boxes on hutt ball they are your friend as a melee. If you get knocked off a ledge when there's a object near by your a derp.

Now we get force choke can be used as a interrupt. Force charge can be used as a interrupt. You get a regular interrupt you get vanish... yes this also can be used as a interupt. For example. BH procs unload. That is there main attack. Don't waste a interrupt on this ability. It costs them a lot of heat to cast it. Soon as he starts channeling Unload just vanish stops the cast an continue nuking him down... but anyways doesn't matter class is not broken.

Rage is the most successful PVP spec for Marauders. Sure you can enter arena on WoW as a fury warrior. But does not mean its better then arms.

If you do not prep yourself correctly how can you expect the best results?

Everything you said assumes Rage spec. Rage spec has weak DPS other than building up for a crit smash, which is meh.

If you don't rage spec, you lose out on half of the abilities you mentioned above.

You're exaggerating.

I can't get any Commandos, what about this ?

Almost all classes can push others. Marauders cannot do that. We are getting pushed into poisoned water and also to deep space into WZ's.

However, we cannot do such things.

UNFAIR.

Knock backs are only killing people at this point who get stun locked or have not realized how to handle them yet. An if your stun locked that bad it means you have multiple people on you an most likely were not going to live in the first place.

You can prevent 80% of knockback deaths by knowing when and how they can knock you into ****. An by not letting them get that angle on you. I rarely ever die to fire. And I never die to poison pits ever at this point.

Commandos are very easy to kill. They have almost no defense vs a marauder. For example they get 1 stun. 1 minor knock back if speced. An one large knock back if speced. They get a minor slow with unload. After that they must tank you. Now if we read my above post. We get multiple gap closers making there knock backs worthless. We get multiple movement speeds making there slows pointless.

we have 3 ways to interrupt them. We also have obfuscate which makes them a joke for 6 seconds. We also have 2 cds which make them a joke while they are up. If you die to this really easy class to counter this of all classes... your doing something so so very very wrong.

They put you back off, start to cast grov rounds each crits almost 2,5K- 3K to me. ( I dont have a proper pvp gear + i got already 12K Hp lol)

Everything you said assumes Rage spec. Rage spec has weak DPS other than building up for a crit smash, which is meh.

If you don't rage spec, you lose out on half of the abilities you mentioned above.

You're exaggerating.

Your pointing out something I already stated in my own post..

Rage is the most successful PVP spec for Marauders. Sure you can enter arena on WoW as a fury warrior. But does not mean its better then arms. More damage does not mean a class is more efficient for pvp. Fury an arms prove this. You enter Huttball as a "fury warrior" an you will get kited. Same rule applies to SWTOR.

You say other specs more damage? Haha No DPS is not better then 100% dps uptime. Higher DPS uptime > Then high damage but unable to attack your target. This is a classic PVE'er trying to PvP mistake.

Edited by Furyofwar

Knock backs are only killing people at this point who get stun locked or have not realized how to handle them yet. An if your stun locked that bad it means you have multiple people on you an most likely were not going to live in the first place.

You can prevent 80% of knockback deaths by knowing when and how they can knock you into ****. An by not letting them get that angle on you. I rarely ever die to fire. And I never die to poison pits ever at this point.

No way, how can i predict when a jugernaut pushes me and keeps me in the water ? I cant do any *** rahter than dying in a second.

So unfair, they should either give marauder sth like that or people are gonna reroll other easy mode classes such as 2 button commandos. Go hide somewhere, Just spam grov rounds , there you go.. Pew pew.

Edited by Erenus

No way, how can i predict when a jugernaut pushes me and keeps me in the water ? I cant do any *** rahter than dying in a second.

So unfair, they should either give marauder sth like that or people are gonna reroll other easy mode classes such as 2 button commandos. Go hide somewhere, Just spam grov rounds , there you go.. Pew pew.

Why can you not prevent a force push into the poison? Are you unable to move your character 100% of the time? Shame on you for letting him fight you with your back towards a obstacle you can be pushed into.

Why can you not prevent a force push into the poison? Are you unable to move your character 100% of the time? Shame on you for letting him fight you with your back towards a obstacle you can be pushed into.

That would be a good point if this game didnt have the worst lag compensation Ive ever seen in a game. The person will generally not be anywhere close to where you see them on screen.

"That would be a good point if this game didn't have the worst lag compensation Ive ever seen in a game. The person will generally not be anywhere close to where you see them on screen. "

I don't have that issue,

Unless your speaking about Ilum group battles. I perfer to use my range 50 for ilum. Because sometimes it gets a little choppy.

Desyncing sux but your enemy will suffer from it as well.

Edited by Furyofwar

my problems with marauder echo what's already been stated. Resolve doesn't work when it need to... We have to have a prominent position in the front line in order to do damage, and we can potentially be feared, snared, or stunned while our resolve bar is completely full. This is especially bad in warzones where platforms allow ranged characters the advantage of not having to kite.

We should function as a dps class, and yet the majority of our time is spent rotating defensives.

"That would be a good point if this game didn't have the worst lag compensation Ive ever seen in a game. The person will generally not be anywhere close to where you see them on screen. "

I don't have that issue,

Unless your speaking about Ilum group battles. I perfer to use my range 50 for ilum. Because sometimes it gets a little choppy.

Desyncing sux but your enemy will suffer from it as well.

Yes, true, but desyncing sucks more when your enemy is ranged. Hell, there were times when there was ability delay where I couldn't even hit anyone because apparently my character was 5 feet away from the position that my swtor.exe client was showing or something. I don't visually see the lag, but it's clear that the mechanics of my skills aren't working how they're supposed to.

Marauders are fine if you play them right. There are a few things I would like:

Non Channelend Choke Like Juggernauts.

Pull Enemy like Juggernaut

Immunity to knockbacks for 5 seconds after Force charge. Jumping to get launched sucks.

IMO these would make all the difference. I am a 50 Valor Marauder who PVP's daily for a few hours a day.

To those having problems..

DONT USE CARNAGE TO PVP.

DONT USE RAVAGE.

USE DEFENSIVE CD's

LEARN TO RUN AWAY.

Stop being bad.

as a lvl 50 marauder in champ gear all i have to add is

1. force leap 600

2. force crush 1200 all together

3. smash 3-4k

4. force choke 1200 all together

5. oblitherate 900-1000

6. force scream 2k+

7. smash 3-4k

8. vicious throw profit

throw in Definsive cds depending on class fighting vs and you will win!

that is all

ps bioware plz work on the force leap out of the game entirely while in hutball its lame sauce

Marauders are fine if you play them right. There are a few things I would like:

Non Channelend Choke Like Juggernauts.

Pull Enemy like Juggernaut

Immunity to knockbacks for 5 seconds after Force charge. Jumping to get launched sucks.

IMO these would make all the difference. I am a 50 Valor Marauder who PVP's daily for a few hours a day.

To those having problems..

DONT USE CARNAGE TO PVP.

DONT USE RAVAGE.

USE DEFENSIVE CD's

LEARN TO RUN AWAY.

Stop being bad.

Juggernauts do not have a pull ability. I agree about the force choke. I'd rather it be an instant 4 sec stun that deals no damage rather than how it is now.

THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY stop QQuing L2P or change class

Loooooool u are clueless. Killing Low levels wauw u are a bad ***,

Try play vs people vs 600 Exptise and know why they doing ... You are the frist they target.