Dear BioWare, if you don't want us to be able to choose what we say...

Topster

I asked in beta...still no response, wouldn't really expect one, but it would be nice to know why they decided to do it this way . I figure the answer to the "why?" questions for this game are ultimately coming down to "because they suck at making games and don't care."

No, they dont care, you dont care about your work either, right? So why should they.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware has had this issue for a long time and they refuse to accept how flawed it is.

An example:

My JK meets the custom droid, of a scientist I need to rescue. or something, I forget the premise.

My response option:

(paraphrasing) "I like the way this droid thinks"

My actual response:

"I wish my T7 was more like you. (-1 T7 affection)

#$%& Seriously?!

How does a simple compliment, turn into passive-aggressive chiding?

This game should come with a What Would Daniel Erickson Do? bracelet every time you need to guess your way through a conversation. Thank goodness you can hit [Esc] and start over.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

The first time I saw the dialogue wheel was in Dragon Age II where it was performed horribly. Personally, TOR's dialogue wheel is heaven in comparsion. I wish they'd go back to what it was like in Dragon Age: Origins where you saw exactly what was going to be said by your character. Sure there wasn't a voice actor for the main character, but at least I knew what my character was going to say. I believe they should have implimented the DA:O method into TOR but still had a voice actor to say the selected line.

Yea the wheel was awesome for games like KotoR and DAO...there were actually more than 3 choices most of the time and they weren't black and white. And the character actually said what the choice said. Lately they've been really lazy with it....games like DA2 in this one where all you get is 3 choices all the time...good, neutral, evil. They took the dialogue wheel and just turned it into something pointless where you always pick the same option depending on whether you're good or evil.

Seems that's the modus operanti of Bioware these days... "no response"

If enough people would respond with "No response, no cash." that would change. Alas! MMO players are their own worst enemies, as they can rarely agree on anything, and thus the unity required to effectively wield the awesome might and power readily available to them is rarely achieved.

Hyperbolic Example: what color is an orange?

MMO players: <flamewar>