If no one else is willng to say it, I will..

Kunra

Just make everything fun and exciting every moment I am logged in

Despite your sarcasm... yes that's the point... a game should be fun, all the time, especially when you're paying a subscription fee. That's not too much to ask for, and it's in the devs' best interest to provide that, or there's no reason for players to continue playing for long.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Starports, Profession Hangars, Orbital Stations and Ships are fine. :eek:

But for those who dislike it, it would be a good idea to add something that let's them toggle it off, just like you can toggle of the movies.

There will still be zone loading when moving from one planet to another, but that is still way less than going through several loading instances.

Heck even that other big game has some loading when you move between continents.

The toggle should not override quest parts that are on the players quest-list thou. ;)

Edited by Mineria

I want Insta-travel between Planets and Fleet.

To hell with Starports and Profession Hangars and Orbital Stations and Ship.

It's boring and stupid.

There, I said it.

If, for some reason you dissagree, thats your right. Personally, I think your nuts.

Preach it brother. 3-5 zones between planets is asinine.

I am going to reiterate an argument I made before:

Is there any logical reason not to keep the existing system in place for those who like the immersion, but to ADD ways to speed up travel for those who don't?

Again -- I fail to understand the mindset that thinks "I like the current method, so everyone else must like it as well". What harm is it if I have a fast method and enjoy that, and you have the current method and enjoy that?

As for load times/screens, they are part of the game and probably can't be removed, but they don't take long. It's just the unending tedium of everytime a guildy needs help running through that mess that makes it difficult.

I am going to reiterate an argument I made before:

Is there any logical reason not to keep the existing system in place for those who like the immersion, but to ADD ways to speed up travel for those who don't?

Again -- I fail to understand the mindset that thinks "I like the current method, so everyone else must like it as well". What harm is it if I have a fast method and enjoy that, and you have the current method and enjoy that?

As for load times/screens, they are part of the game and probably can't be removed, but they don't take long. It's just the unending tedium of everytime a guildy needs help running through that mess that makes it difficult.

If you actually read some of my comments in the thread, I elaborate on the mentality of old school MMO Development.

I DO think away with Orbital Stations because they just take up time going to starter planets for Datacrons. I WOULD like to keep Starships and all that. In fact, it should be improved so you can change your Starship. Or they could add Grades 2 and 4 for upgrades. I like being able to get XP with Space Combat missions.

Despite your sarcasm... yes that's the point... a game should be fun, all the time, especially when you're paying a subscription fee. That's not too much to ask for, and it's in the devs' best interest to provide that, or there's no reason for players to continue playing for long.

It's an RPG. Not an FPS. Not Contra or Diablo where you mash the buttons the entire time. MMO ROLE PLAYING GAME. Role playing games are an adventure. You TRAVEL and EXPLORE. It's been apart of the genre since we rolled dice on a gaming table.

Not every moment will be filled with pew pew. TOR was designed by a company that likes to promote immersion, which the extra movement through hangars and ships is apart of. Like Mass Effect. I won't lie, I can see it getting old. But the load time from space port, to hangar, to ship and space and ALL of the travel in-between is maybe 3 minutes. 15 is exaggerated. And with all of the dungeons for the game based in ONE ZONE how often do you really have to zone in and out of your ship? Seriously? I do it 2-3 times a session, if at all.

Again, I'll tell you Aeon. This game, and its genre, simply not for you.

Referring to your earlier point of how awesome Anarchy Online is compared to this game, there were load times at EVERY zone intersection, and there was plenty of down time on that game too.

Wait for Diablo, I think you will be much happier. Bioware isn't going to redesign this entire game so you can have instant action for a straight 3 hours a day. Sorry. Again, it's the genre, and for all intents and purposes, it's never been a good one since the very first.

It's a way to make the game world seem bigger, nothing more.

Yeah, load screens and copy-paste identical orbital stations and spaceports that look exactly the same on every planet make things seem bigger :rolleyes:

If anything, it makes the game world seem smaller, because they all look the same, and load screens are the most boring thing ever... especially when they're unnecessary.

Edited by AeonWeapon

But the load time from space port, to hangar, to ship and space and ALL of the travel in-between is maybe 3 minutes. 15 is exaggerated.

More of this "it's not a problem for me, so it shouldn't be a problem for you" selfish mentality. You're not considering those of us who have slower machines, who spend 3 minutes on EACH load screen between zones. 15 minutes ins in NO WAY an exaggeration.

Why do we have to load anyway? Many online games I played as much as 10 years ago had seamless loading... what is this outdated crap. And modern MMO games that do still have load screens most are wise enough to keep them to a minimum by not adding in a bunch of in-between zones to load through.

Edited by AeonWeapon

And you did not read the rest out of my post or what is wrong with you?

Mineria, don't worry about it. He's trying to use his precious free time as constructively as possible. Listening to rational discussion about his irrational issues with a system that does not support his playing habits or needs would be too much extra to do. He wants to get straight to the point today and troll, why waste time listening?

I want Insta-travel between Planets and Fleet.

To hell with Starports and Profession Hangars and Orbital Stations and Ship.

It's boring and stupid.

There, I said it.

If, for some reason you dissagree, thats your right. Personally, I think your nuts.

WoW much? I think they should add waiting for Orbital launch windows to open up.

More of this "it's not a problem for me, so it shouldn't be a problem for you" selfish mentality. You're not considering those of us who have slower machines, who spend 3 minutes on EACH load screen between zones. 15 minutes ins in NO WAY an exaggeration.

I have no sympathy for people with older machines. You said yourself you have a job, spend money to upgrade your machine to play games that require faster hardware. This is computer gaming, not console gaming, and it's a simple fact that has been since its beginning.

But I think that just answered my question about how you perceive your gaming world. You're a console gamer. Immediate satisfaction. Low system requirements. Button mashing only please.

Do you own an XBOX 360? PS3? Even a Nintendo Wii? MUCH happier if you play there. They are everything you want in gaming. I promise.

Mineria, don't worry about it. He's trying to use his precious free time as constructively as possible. Listening to rational discussion about his irrational issues with a system that does not support his playing habits or needs would be too much extra to do. He wants to get straight to the point today and troll, why waste time listening?

Right... the person asking for convenience is a troll, not the people who feel the need to attack him for asking for it. Hypocrite.

why not Insta teleporte on the quest points ? (too long to travel)

and insta teleporte everywhere in fact because it too long to go to the trainer etc..

and wait... Insta level 50... it's too long to level until 50....

Oh... but its a MMO... the goal is not to get fast where you want.. but its too be as real as it can... Life takes time dude...

You probably discovered MMOs with WOW... You should have tried EQ... could lose 2hours only to get back to you corpse...

I have no sympathy for people with older machines. You said yourself you have a job, spend money to upgrade your machine to play games that require faster hardware..

Yes I have a job, and expenses that are more important than a game. Not all of us can buy a new computer instantly when a new game comes out.

And if Bioware had the same attitude as you, they would lose more than half their players.

Travel times add absolutely nothing to a game. Zero. Zilch.

Would you be willing to watch a six hour long movie where five hours of it was just the main character driving and flying around to the next important piece of dialogue or action sequence? No the eff you wouldn't, so why do you tolerate it in your video games?

It's pointless.

Yes I have a job, and expenses that are more important than a game. Not all of us can buy a new computer instantly when a new game comes out.

And if Bioware had the same attitude as you, they would lose more than half their players.

That's fine, I respect it. But if you won't invest in current hardware to run a brand new game, it isn't Bioware's fault or problem. It's how computer gaming goes. And again, MMO's almost always have steep requirements due to so many different things happening around your character.

So again, please. You're not changing anything with this thread, you're wasting your time arguing about wasting your time. Try a different game genre. Play on a console. You will be so much happier.

Travel times add absolutely nothing to a game. Zero. Zilch.

Would you be willing to watch a six hour long movie where five hours of it was just the main character driving and flying around to the next important piece of dialogue or action sequence? No the eff you wouldn't, so why do you tolerate it in your video games?

It's pointless.

Think hard about movies you watch. I bet there at least a few scenes where travel is the only thing going on, usually with a catchy tune.

That's fine, I respect it. But if you won't invest in current hardware to run a brand new game, it isn't Bioware's fault or problem. It's how computer gaming goes. And again, MMO's almost always have steep requirements due to so many different things happening around your character.

So again, please. You're not changing anything with this thread, you're wasting your time arguing about wasting your time. Try a different game genre. Play on a console. You will be so much happier.

People are illogical and irrational creatures by nature. They will argue against upgrading their computer for the newest game, but if you told them that tomorrow the PS4 will be released for one thousand dollars, then they'd damn sure sacrifice a few meals out for THAT. lol

Why do we have to load anyway? Many online games I played as much as 10 years ago had seamless loading... what is this outdated crap. And modern MMO games that do still have load screens most are wise enough to keep them to a minimum by not adding in a bunch of in-between zones to load through.

Some people do Role Play while others like the scenery, not really your problem if you get the option to override it.

As for loading, there will still be some minor loading when moving from planet to planet, exactly like when you move from Kalimdor to Eastern Kingdoms (if you are familiar with that game).

Which is caused by nature of the server part, every mmorpg that is meant to host a lot of players without lagging the entire server has that one way or another.

Edited by Mineria