If you don't like the game

PatrickFF

It's only going to get worse, the game is dying at a rapid pace, EA investors are dropping out, and people are leaving in the thousands.

Now I want to see your stats and figures.

I was at EBGames Saturday and was talking to the manager and he said the game is doing great, and the reviews are great.

He said he doesn't play. But the sales records are what they are looking at.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then quit... As some seem to think that if they come onto the forum and post its boring and will quickly die a death, then they might be considered geniuses in the world...

News flash, new game not even 4 weeks old, more to come…

News flash, this is what an mmo is… anyone expecting some sort of holy grail just has no clue of what an mmo is and always will be…

News flash, wow was the best now it’s tired and dated…

News flash, be an adult if you don’t like it then just quit and let us who do get on with the game… and no they are not constructive posts they are self-serving, the game is crap, and it should die, rants.

Only an idiot wastes his time on what he dislikes in optional entertainment.

I would argue it is just as short sighted to only focus on what you do like instead of addressing the things that might need addressing.

News flash , how does it feel to play a dated engine from 2005.

I getting really sick of this argument.

Given, the engine isn't perfect, but if you can't explain WHY the hero engine was a bad choice without repeating this "it's dated" or "it's from 2005" crap that has been repeated over and over than just let it go and find the real reason you aren't enjoying this game.

250,000 people read the game engine was made in 2005 and immediately started ragging on it without knowing a lick about game engines. Now we have entire herds of them on the forums spouting nonsense they neither understand nor have the qualifications to even discuss at a basic level.

I liked WoW till TBC, after that everything started to crumble...

But WoW launch was a hell of a lot worse than TOR. Only difference? At the time few people played MMos, WoW brought in a lot of kids and we see now the effects...

Amen. Childish behavior seems standards to many. Not all but many.

Newsflash - atm the game is good for levelling, thats it, period

there is no end game content (worth doing)

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. My guild has world first on Eternity Vault and other Ops. We are constantly running eng game content. There's more end-game in SW:TOR than LoTRO which has been out longer. And you can also run Flashpoints you did before in Hardmode at 50 for getting geared up. It's only getting better in March. 3 Raids then.

Don't spout stuff you've been reading or hearing from whiners without knowing if it's true or not.

Edited by Daeborn

Titan is going to be My Sims Online/Second Life oriented in a fantasy world.

Think Twitter-Facebook with some RPG thrown in.

They are making a game where the money is, unfortunately.

The fun part is all of those videos are from Cataclysm.

Reposting the vids if someone missed them.

Everyone knows WoW is bug free

Blizzard only had 7 years to eliminate all the bugs.

Next time the WoW-knights mention bugs, throw a Cataclysm bug video in there faces and tell them that game is the biggest in the world and they can't even fix a bug.

hehe

Edited by Azzras

oh c'mon, wow was a cheap copy of other games and has been copying everything that came out after it (like LOTRO for example) and has never been a real MMO, it's a diablo clone with slightly better graphics. oh wait, wait, you one of those that really believe that wow is good because there is 8 million chinese gold farmers playing it? OOOOOH

now I get it, thanks mate, for a while I thought you were an informed commenter LOL

amount of hypocrisy in this post : over 9000 !!!

News flash , people expected new content in the year 2012.

News flash , EA forced bioware to rush the game for Christmas sales.

News flash , how does it feel to play a dated engine from 2005.

News flash- Not everyone expected new content 10 days after release.

News flash- You have no clue if that's true.

News flash- That's about when production started, should they scrap the game and start over every time a new engine comes out?

But WoW launch was a hell of a lot worse than TOR. Only difference? At the time few people played MMos, WoW brought in a lot of kids and we see now the effects...

Wow's launch was very good compared to the other competitors on the market at the time, it launched with everything they had + more and kept adding more ever since, and the performance part of it wasn't bad either.

As for the second part of your comment, you have got to be joking, because people were complete ******s even on those games people like to praise so much like ultima, daoc etc, hell, people were already trolling in major ways back then in 1998 in both chats and forums and also epeening like crazy .. "my gank is better than your gank, we pwn you 1 party vs 6 parties" etc etc. Seriously, please.

Next time the WoW-knights mention bugs, throw a Cataclysm bug video in there faces and tell them that game is the biggest in the world and they can't even fix a bug.

hehe

I know. It's laughable. :)

Like the current list of bugs in WoW. :)

4.3.0 Known Issues List

4.2.2 Known Issues - Updated 8/30/11

But we don't want to show those to the WoWians now do we? ;)

hehe

Severity is the difference here. Mining nodes sometimes spawning in weird places is not the same as having your abilities sometimes not activate or having you mount disappear if you move too fast after summoning it.

Wow's launch was very good compared to the other competitors on the market at the time..

No it wasn't. :D It was horrible. But the only saving grace was EQ2 launched the same time. WoW had major bugs, queues, server crashes, days with no servers and many other glitches. You weren't there if you make a statement like that. I beta tested and launched WoW as I did EQ2. EQ2 was worse but that didn't make WoW a success at launch.

Edited by Daeborn

Severity is the difference here. Mining nodes sometimes spawning in weird places is not the same as having your abilities sometimes not activate or having you mount disappear if you move too fast after summoning it.

No, but the rampant account hacking over at Blizzard 8 years after release sure doesn't say much for their setup.

My favorite one is where I was hacked 8 months after I quit playing..and I had a security key attached to the account.

Hmmm, I think Blizzard is lying about there being no security leaks at their facility. :rolleyes:

Then quit... As some seem to think that if they come onto the forum and post its boring and will quickly die a death, then they might be considered geniuses in the world...

News flash, new game not even 4 weeks old, more to come…

News flash, this is what an mmo is… anyone expecting some sort of holy grail just has no clue of what an mmo is and always will be…

News flash, wow was the best now it’s tired and dated…

News flash, be an adult if you don’t like it then just quit and let us who do get on with the game… and no they are not constructive posts they are self-serving, the game is crap, and it should die, rants.

Only an idiot wastes his time on what he dislikes in optional entertainment.

Agree.

All the people that dislike the game poor netcode.

All the people that dont like the poor community support for pvp and guildwise.

All the people that dont like the dead city's

All the people that dont like the lack of world pvp because making something as stupid as capitals you cant travel to as apposing faction.

All the people that dont like their abilities not working

All the people that dont like bugged class quests

To all of them go quit the game and let this game die and let EA never ever look back at the MMO market.

Agree.

All the people that dont like the lack of world pvp because making something as stupid as capitals you cant travel to as apposing faction.

To all of them go quit the game and let this game die and let EA never ever look back at the MMO market.

Yes, bye. :)

Of course your list only shows how little you really know.

Agree.

Yes, after all I am sure they are still playing daily in a game they find so much fault in.

Those players have already quit with the exception of the forums to come and complain in.

We have already seen those masses leave in game.

So there free sub running out this week will only mean less of the complaining threads on a daily basis.

And like I said, if they want to pay to complain, more power to them.

Please keep supporting a game I am enjoying. :D

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. My guild has world first on Eternity Vault and other Ops. We are constantly running eng game content. There's more end-game in SW:TOR than LoTRO which has been out longer. And you can also run Flashpoints you did before in Hardmode at 50 for getting geared up. It's only getting better in March. 3 Raids then.

Don't spout stuff you've been reading or hearing from whiners without knowing if it's true or not.

yes your running end game i m also 5/5 and 1/1 in ops i m just saying for the majority not the minority (we also got server first) so stop being an elitist and look at everyone

Edited by ashkimlou

Wow's launch was very good compared to the other competitors on the market at the time, it launched with everything they had + more and kept adding more ever since, and the performance part of it wasn't bad either.

As for the second part of your comment, you have got to be joking, because people were complete ******s even on those games people like to praise so much like ultima, daoc etc, hell, people were already trolling in major ways back then in 1998 in both chats and forums and also epeening like crazy .. "my gank is better than your gank, we pwn you 1 party vs 6 parties" etc etc. Seriously, please.

WoW had server stability problems for months, server would go down and wouldn't come up for hours and and some servers were down for days, the amount of silly bugs like the loot bug or gather bug (where you would get stuck in a bendover position and had to relog), no workign PVP system, etc etc. i imagine nostalgia makes things look better but it wasn't as you remember it

On teh second part, people have always been **** but now the number and percentage just went through the roof