Best launch in MMO history, everyone by 15th!

Yowfatto

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many complaints JUST WAIT.

Bioware always do a good job. They are doing everything right from rolling entry on the early access. Dont forget it says UPTO 5 days early access. Stop complaining when we havent even got to the 5 days before proper launch yet.

What I love most is that Bioware come out and say hey download clients 1 week before early access. Hell even update from the Thanks Giving Client. That stops people all downloading at same time before even getting to the game.

Then once done with that they have worked that hard that they start 2 days earlier than said on early access. Still idiots find ways to complain.

People even find a way to complain why Bioware dont state dates for the early access. Guess what numb nuts they wouldnt do that incase anything goes wrong then again Idiots will complain again.

He's just being optimistic and if you look at the progression, logically it makes sense for them to be able to finish up tomorrow.

Just some small "basic" numbers.

USA pre-orders (box):

If they can get through September today, that will be 426k USA Pre-orders in the game.

In order for them to get to the end of November by tomorrow, they would have to add 474k tomorrow. It's looking as if they were able to bring in about 300k today. Remember, this is USA box pre-order numbers only.

I'm thinking that if they continue on the path they're going, October and November will be tomorrow and December will be Friday.

Source:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40804/USA/

July 30th - 119k US pre-orders

Aug. 27th - 334k US pre-orders

Sep. 24th - 426k US pre-orders

Oct 29th - 654k US pre-orders

Nov 26th - 900k US pre-orders

Dec 10th - 939k US pre-orders

Edited by Darth_Alki

Everyone that gripes remember this is a gift that they are letting us in early. The LAUNCH is DEC 20 th so all the people crying about how they not in yet please use your brain and read. There is no promise that you would get in early. I think things are going great. I remember WOW launch and the server crashes and longgggg wait to get logged in. ( Not to mention lag) It is smart on their part letting people come in in waves so they adjust the hardware as needed. I know everyone is excited. For the record I am not in yet but my friends are and they are loving the performance and the game.

For a game as big as this ppl would be waiting in massive queues and servers would be crashing. Nope, this is much better.

And what exactly do you think is going to happen when it's 20th and everyone is in the game?It will be same amount of players as there would be if everyone was playing now, and will be same amount of massive queues/crashing

They went through end of July-August and to 9th Sept in 3 waves. If they finish up Sept in the next wave it makes sense for them to try and fit the rest in tomorrow. I agree with OP, it looks like they are trying for it at least. If they do as well tomorrow as they did today it looks like they will finish up.

I don't understand this, I'm mid August and not in yet =P

Edited by SevTrando

I can only hope to start playing before or on the 15th since I did not buy until late November. But either way, I have no problem waiting out my time :). Lucky for me, we have people like Shift who share there playtime with us. It's made my waiting more enjoyable and has really got me excited about my turn to play.

Check it out here: http://www.twitch.tv/shift_tv

And what exactly do you think is going to happen when it's 20th and everyone is in the game?It will be same amount of players as there would be if everyone was playing now, and will be same amount of massive queues/crashing

I have not seen a que in warcraft in almost a year, and I am sure this has newer and better servers, so no, I don't expect any of that, I would like to play with my friends though.

I think the 15th will leave us in mid-late November. There had to have been a rush in December or late November for the post Thanksgiving beta confirming everyone that they wanted this game.

So I think the 16th is more reasonable - and that leaves the weekend for everyone.

JOYOUS TIMES BE HAD.

I bet yesterday was: 1) a light stress test of sorts to test the servers with less people then what they envision and 2) get those early early early preorders in to get started. Last night they stopped invites to review the situation. Everything was running great and they were able to now flood the servers with more people on Day 2. By tomorrow, they are aiming to finish the preorders and monitor how the servers hold up through the weekend (where playtime will be peak) and prepare for launch thereafter with the data they have from this preorder. With that in mind, I doubt they will release new servers prior to launch (I wanted to start fresh...but alas all is good) to again get a good idea of server stability prior to launch. Edited by mfrags

if they really manage to get everybody in by 15th, then i only have 1 question:

Why did they not take the risk of telling us that?

I mean did they fear so hard, anything could break, that they really had to hold back this information... imagine how many tears could have been saved the last hours, by just giving a little more hope to everyone... just sayin.... :o

they didnt so everyone who cried out feels totaly stupid afterwards

Hmmmm early access was promised to all on the 15th originally. Then once they announced the bonus early access on the 13th, people started losing their minds because people pre-ordered before them. Also every MMO since 07(more then likely earlier too) had an early access bonus to it. Also almost all MMO's launches have had major server crashes and lag so unbearable it wasn't worth even playing. So many of you are taking for granted the amazing and profesionaly done job bioware has done for us. Anyone know of even a FPS shooter to have this many people play and run this smoothly. CoD was a bigger mess then this every launch and BF3 no exception. Dark souls had a problem before launch with people getting into the game to early. That's just recent games i can think of off the top of my head.

Heh, yeah, "great launch"... Fifty US servers and no one is on (right now heaviest pop is "Standard", whatever that means, and most are "Light").

Just great.

But hey, there's one more wave of invites today! pffft... (When I started this the 4th "Wave" had not been sent yet)

This is the most broken launch in MMO history. You won't ever catch another real, good player who had a 2 day headstart, certainly not in levels, and not in crafting (especially gathering, there is no one on so no competition), and that's kinda the whole point in having a headstart.

I am sure it's been great for the servers, and their performance numbers probably look really great, but is sucks for the players.

No, this is not a great launch at all. BW did the one thing that would irritate the largest percentage of real players. They built up the hype, then withheld the candy. Real players didn't get up at 4am to see if they got an invite. They got up at 3am, or just never went to bed, to make sure they were ready when the invite came.

But, it didn't.

And it hasn't.

So we know before we even log in the first time that we are, and will be, at a disadvantage (especially on a PvP server) for the foreseeable future. And the odds are probably pretty good that we will have absolutely NO chance of being the server first at anything.

This is the worst launch of all time. It does not matter when they let people in and how many days people get to play before the 15th. What matters is how many days early people get to play in relation to other players.

By allowing players to start playing in waves, they have destroyed the competition of the leveling race, and have taken the immersion away from the lauch all together. One of my favorite things about a launch is staying up all night the first night and seeing how quickly you can level in relation to other players.

Because of how they did this launch, I feel absolutely no drive to play this game with any passion. Instead I will probably just level up very slowly, and thus get bored of having no competitive drive while playing through the game. Ultimately, it may lead to me quitting all together from being so bored while I level up.

I would have MUCH perferred they make everyone wait to play until the 20th. That way, at least everyone would have been able to start at the same time.

Edited by Holyfusion

I don't believe many folks share the same concerns. The majority simply want to enjoy the story and the game and all it has to offer. I can assure you that in the PR arena this game will go down as the most successful MMO launch in history, this game is going to do a lot of great things.

This is the worst launch of all time. It does not matter when they let people in and how many days people get to play before the 15th. What matters is how many days early people get to play in relation to other players.

By allowing players to start playing in waves, they have destroyed the competition of the leveling race, and have taken the immersion away from the lauch all together. One of my favorite things about a launch is staying up all night the first night and seeing how quickly you can level in relation to other players.

Because of how they did this launch, I feel absolutely no drive to play this game with any passion. Instead I will probably just level up very slowly, and thus get bored of having no competitive drive while playing through the game. Ultimately, it may lead to me quitting all together from being so bored while I level up.

I can safely say you would not have liked the game either way with that philosophy, so BAI!

Most folks want to enjoy the game for what is is, a great story line and great game play, very few ppl bought the game with the sole intention of seeing how fast they could lvl. While I respect your opinion it really is in the smallest minority.