Best launch in MMO history, everyone by 15th!

Yowfatto

Looks like things are going great, as big as the invites are today, I have a very good feeling everyone will be in by tomorrow and get a full 5 days of access, much better than starting on the 15th as originally planned eh? Great job BW, best launch in MMO history!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if they really manage to get everybody in by 15th, then i only have 1 question:

Why did they not take the risk of telling us that?

I mean did they fear so hard, anything could break, that they really had to hold back this information... imagine how many tears could have been saved the last hours, by just giving a little more hope to everyone... just sayin.... :o

they are into late September already. I would not be surprised if they do finish up tomorrow. I hope so. That way the crying folks can hush up and play the game.

Late August is the latest I have seen... I have several other guildies from early and mid Sept. who are not in yet.

Great launch so far. A+

Piss poor Customer Relations. D-

Not telling anyone when they will get in until they are in is a bad way to run things. They should have at least put out a time line so people didn't keep going to the launcher and email boxes hoping they would find out they were in.

I mean did they fear so hard, anything could break, that they really had to hold back this information... imagine how many tears could have been saved the last hours, by just giving a little more hope to everyone... just sayin.... :o

Because what if things went wrong? What if they suffered a massive crash? How much more dissapointing would it be to have been told a certain date for entry and then be denied that date because of downtime?

They are playing it safe. Better to under-promise and over-deliver than the alternative.

The problem is the pre-orders weren't as concentrated between like early august and the release date announcement.

When the release date was announced, there was a big surge of pre-orders, and then another big pre-order rush when the generous beta weekends happened.

I'll bet it slows down when they get to inviting people who pre-ordered around these concentrated dates.

they are into late September already. I would not be surprised if they do finish up tomorrow. I hope so. That way the crying folks can hush up and play the game.

I honestly wouldn't count on it, September had the least preorders of any of the months and November had a huge amount of them. It'd be nice but I honestly don't expect to get in until Friday at the least, good thing Bioware isn't being vague enough to raise concerns right?

Keep in mind they are placing entire guilds on servers. So they have been trying to make servers even as possible with known Repulic/Alliance. Unlike an open door where everyone just pours in and servers have to be shuffled later to compensate for an un-balance.

Never over promise and under deliver, it's always the opposite, under promise and over deliver. If they promise you something and they can't do it because of issues then you would have been even angrier.

Better to under-promise and over-deliver than the alternative.

i hear you! and i understand what they think and what they do, but as stated in many other threads, i think its a very poor customer-relation.. some risks should be taken!

Worst launch ever in mmo history. Every other mmo ALL people would be in,

So your saying they should had let everyone on the 15th (the day they stated was early access) and possibly have a few servers crash and or really high que times and truly make it the worst game launch (ie Warhammer) ... over what there doing now ?

I honestly wouldn't count on it, September had the least preorders of any of the months and November had a huge amount of them. It'd be nice but I honestly don't expect to get in until Friday at the least, good thing Bioware isn't being vague enough to raise concerns right?

I bet Nov. was decent but nothing compared to the very beginning.

Because what if things went wrong? What if they suffered a massive crash? How much more dissapointing would it be to have been told a certain date for entry and then be denied that date because of downtime?

They are playing it safe. Better to under-promise and over-deliver than the alternative.

That's why you under promise, then over deliver. Doing that builds customer loyalty.

If the plan was to have everyone in by the 15th, then put out the timeline showing the 17th. That way if everyone is in early they win.

09/06-09/25 - Invites in progress! - Up to the 10th as of 10:27 AM CST

I agree with OP, the preorders for October and November were not as numerous as everything prior. For these reasons, I envision being done tomorrow or early Friday.

I am 12/12/2011 (long story) at about 4pm EST so I can let everyone know more or less when we are done lol...the Last of the Mohicans = me.

I'm completely, and utterly baffled at the fact that some people truly feel cheated. They stated, "You MAY have UP TO 5 days early access": people who were in line first (redeemed their codes first) got in an extra 2 days ON TOP of the five that they MAY have gotten. It appears as though they are attempting to make sure that all pre-orders have roughly 5 days in advance. I'm completely in awe by people who are complaining about not getting into *early* early access; if you wanted to get a jump on the game then you should have gotten on the jump and pre-ordered ahead of time like many did. I didn't pre-order until November for multiple reasons, I realize I haven't really been promised anything except access to the game at launch. I'm excited that I will likely be able to get started before the masses of people go out and buy the game on the 20th. I don't understand how anyone feels entitled to anything more than what was clearly stated, presented, illustrated, explained. Concrete dates would be nice, but it seems as though they're getting more people in than they previously thought, and since the community goes up in flames about any minor change, it seems as though it's a smart move to just keep the details under wraps and keep the QQ to a minimum. From what I understand the servers are experiencing minimal lag, and minimal cut-offs. I'd rather wait until I know I can enjoy my playtime for the entirety of my playtime, rather than dealing with constant lag and server disconnects. I mean seriously, many of us have waited years and years for this game, let's give BioWare the benefit of the doubt and assume that they know more about releasing a new game than we do, and assume that they are hoping for as smooth a launch as possible; in order to do that, they're letting people in slowly but surely. It really isn't THAT long to wait.

/endwalloftext