Why close threads in General

xngxng

Bioware keeps closing lots of threads and showing some link to how to give feedback on the game. This is the General forum and here we discuss General things I presume, there are other forums for feedback.

It's not really feedback to Bioware, we vent our feelings, how we percieve the game and such in an open manner. Some flaming from hatebois & fanbois will be there, always.

Why all this censorship?

Just tell me ^^

Because people are endlessly spamming threads on the same subjects over and over and over again .. that's when they're not posting stuff deliberately, or otherwise, in General when it belongs elsewhere.

If there was a search function for the forums you'd cut down maybe 40% of the repeated threads...

Because people are endlessly spamming threads on the same subjects over and over and over again .. that's when they're not posting stuff deliberately, or otherwise, in General when it belongs elsewhere.

Maybe a search-function should be implemented, like all other forums?

Maybe they wouldn't if there was a SEARCH FEATURE

EDIT:

Told status

[] Not told

[] Told

[X] Knights of the told republic

Edited by Dazgra

Maybe there's a reason threads are getting spammed endlessly. Like the fact that nothing is being done (or at least Bioware wont tell us if anythings being done) about most of the issues.

even if its general...there is spam.

the whole. THIS GAME SUCKS. OR I LEFT BC ITS STUPID. or other items that have no substance...should be kicked out.

This is a discussion forum and shouldnt be used like twitter....where someone can spat on random crap in hopes people will listen. (even though most forums will become a collection of horribly unhappy people).

Saying something sucks doesn't start a dicussion...it just starts an arguement.

Part of it is damage control, the thread about the whole remote rendering thing was totally psychotic rumormongering, but people will believe anything.

They've posted a thingy about what they "want to see", but it's so vague and rambly itself that pretty much anything that repeats what is in another thread or is gets filled with flames gets shut down.

But more often, there is so much posting here that threads simply fall off the front 3 pages and die a long, lonely death. ^_^

If there was a search function for the forums you'd cut down maybe 40% of the repeated threads...

Since most of the topics being spammed are duplicates of threads on page 1 and 2 of the forum index, lack of search is no alibi in this case.

Bioware keeps closing lots of threads and showing some link to how to give feedback on the game. This is the General forum and here we discuss General things I presume, there are other forums for feedback.

It's not really feedback to Bioware, we vent our feelings, how we percieve the game and such in an open manner. Some flaming from hatebois & fanbois will be there, always.

Why all this censorship?

Just tell me ^^

There is already a thread about thread closures. We're going to close this thread and ask that you post in the one that's already available.

Thank you for your feedback!! :D

Why all this censorship?

Just tell me ^^

Redundant threads are a waste and only serve to misrepresent the community. Not only that but some threads are just flame threads and serve no purpose other than to defame the company. Their forums, their censorship.

Part of it is damage control, the thread about the whole remote rendering thing was totally psychotic rumormongering, but people will believe anything.

They've posted a thingy about what they "want to see", but it's so vague and rambly itself that pretty much anything that repeats what is in another thread or is gets filled with flames gets shut down.

But more often, there is so much posting here that threads simply fall off the front 3 pages and die a long, lonely death. ^_^

In a few cases I totally agree, and it's kind of easy expressing oneself wrongly when irritated about something and stuff. I still believe a General forum should be for those things, venting when nothing else works.

Making up stories about encrypted rendering engines taking over the world might be a bit too much though.

Edited by Qishari
profanity

Because most of the threads are nothing but the following.

I demand....

Bio you suck...

Fix this immediately or I quit...

Even though I knew what the game was I bought it and don't like it I quit...

I quit but I will keep posting the same QQ everyday....

Add mods/macros or I quit..

How can a game launch like this....I quit

Please add WoW feature....I quit.

Don't need a search function for these threads and most of them were aong these lines.

Kudos to Bio for not putting up with this crap on their forums.

Redundant threads are a waste and only serve to misrepresent the community. Not only that but some threads are just flame threads and serve no purpose other than to defame the company. Their forums, their censorship.

Yes, I just feel that sometimes they are a bit too paranoid. Customers that are unsatisfied will just vent their opinions all over the net instead if they are censored here.

Hello all,

In order to make it easier for feedback to be seen and gone through, we ask that feedback is constructive and posted in the appropriate places. Allison's post on feedback does go into a bit the reasons why more threads are being closed now.

We're going to close this thread, but please do not hesitate to email us with any questions or concerns you have regarding moderation proceedures: communitysupport@swtor.com

Thank you!