Video Card Recommendations

achisling

I am looking to purchase a new video card to make this game speed up from a crawl.

I have a $75 budget.

Make me a recommendation please. I don't want to make a mistake and I am new to all of this stuff.

Pretty much anything is an upgrade at this point.

Edited by achisling

I know it is more than you wanta spend but just another 14 over your budget gets you the 6770 and I know for a fact it runs the game with no lag....cause I am running it.

It is usually 120, with all the instant rebates its 89.00 right now and 2 day free shipping.

It really doesn't matter much. They've crippled the graphic options to such a degree that pretty much any modern gaming card will produce similar results. If they ever let us turn on the options that they use to make promotional screenshots, then I'd recommend a GTX prefixed Nvidia. That's my personal taste.

Edit - I just noticed your $75 budget. Please disregard my GTX suggestion.

Edited by Rophez

I know it is more than you wanta spend but just another 14 over your budget gets you the 6770 and I know for a fact it runs the game with no lag....cause I am running it.

It is usually 120, with all the instant rebates its 89.00 right now and 2 day free shipping.

Link to where I can buy it/look at it?

Who manufactured your PCs processor? I always pair up Intel with Nvidia and AMD with ATI cards as they are optimized to work together. Over the years my experience has been your PC will consistently run hotter playing games if you go with ATI+AMD over Nvidia+Intel.

Who manufactured your PCs processor? I always pair up Intel with Nvidia and AMD with ATI cards as they are optimized to work together. Over the years my experience has been your PC will consistently run hotter playing games if you go with ATI+AMD over Nvidia+Intel.

It's an AMD processor.

And thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it.

I am going to make a purchase by 12:30... so I really want some options here....

Edited by achisling

You need to check a few things first. Because this is an mmo you need to make sure your cpu and ram are not going to bottleneck the video card. You quad core doesnt matter because I am pretty sure SWTOR will only use two of the cores. My CPU is bottle necking my card right now, and you need at least 4 gigs to not have the bottle neck you. You prob need at least a 3 ghz duel core to not have issues with bottleneck on the cpu side.

If you are good to go with ram and cpu use this page

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-card-radeon-geforce,3085.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.