So, the guys who actually score points in Huttball...

krakken

Get nothing for points? This is why huttball is nothing but a joke. It just allows gank squads of 50's who really only care about commendations skip past players who are more worried about winning the game. How could the devs leave out the most important part of the game from getting rewards?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Get nothing for points? This is why huttball is nothing but a joke. It just allows gank squads of 50's who really only care about commendations skip past players who are more worried about winning the game. How could the devs leave out the most important part of the game from getting rewards?

This is what you get when you hire a team "warhammer pvp" to do your pvp for you. They ruined pvp in warhammer and they imported it here. Unbeleivable.

Daily's and weekly's is what it is all about young padawan. The champion bags!!!

And thats the exact problem with the game. couldnt have said it better. The devs really dont care about the sport of the game. they j ust want to appease wanna be pvp'rs.

Rewarding points for scoring the ball in Hutball is the worse idea ever.

Try thinking things through before whining?

So you think that in football the game would be more exciting if the players never scored? I think you have made the most unnerving statment I have ever read on here.

And thats the exact problem with the game. couldnt have said it better. The devs really dont care about the sport of the game. they j ust want to appease wanna be pvp'rs.

You are showing your noobishness. Champion bags to get better gear so you can *** pwn noobs....

So you think that in football the game would be more exciting if the players never scored? I think you have made the most unnerving statment I have ever read on here.

Hate to be the combo breaker, but if football players had blasters and lightsabers, then yes, I wouldn't give a flying f**k who wins. CARNAGE > running around with a heavier version of a baloon. Sorry :D.

But srsly you should get a medal for every goal you score and for every assist. That would fix stuff.

Regards,

Kalantris

The reason it is bad has nothing to do with scoring, and more to do with rewarding the person who scored.

Lets use some critical thinking skills here: give me one reason this might be a poor deisgn.

Excellent job of blowing his statement out of context...

No, what he is trying to say, and I agree, is that rewarding medals for scoring is a bad idea. It leads to players hogging the ball because they want to be the ones who score.

Ball hogs lose games. Players do not score points, the TEAM scores the point, the TEAM gets the reward -- winning.

No, what he is trying to say, and I agree, is that rewarding medals for scoring is a bad idea. It leads to players hogging the ball because they want to be the ones who score.

Ball hogs lose games. Players do not score points, the TEAM scores the point, the TEAM gets the reward -- winning.

Sign of intelligent life on the forums: confirmed.

Exactly.

Most of the Hutball games I am in, the ball is scored because 1-2 people were healing the ball carrier and 1-2 people were peeling for him or passed the ball to him.

What you are saying is that just because one person clicked on or was tossed the ball and scored SOLEY due to the help of 3-4 other individuals, only the scorer should get medal?

And yes, you also have the issue of the ball hog.

Allowing the scorer to be rewarded for scoring now set up situations where the level 10 runs in front of the level 50 tank to get the ball instead of letting the better equipped player handle it.

Then you might also have situations where I let our carrier die so I can kill their carrier to get the ball in order to score and get medals.

Also, from a strictly design standpoint, placing incentives on purely solo triggers turns the game more into a single player experience where people attempt to "snipe" incentives more than they already do.

That's all fine and well, but I shouldn't score three goals in a game and finish with zero objective points like happened to me the other night.

Agree completely.

I had no idea scoring wasn't worth medals. That makies no sense at all. Should be 1 medal per score.

1 medal per scorefor assists as well. It should be the whole point.

Damn why do the same problems that existed in WOW pvp have to be here? There have been years of data collected to resolve stuff like this.

Edited by Betteratforty

I hate all the people in this post saying that the objective of WZ (BGs) come second to ganking. Sorry but you are in the wrong place if you are just in it for the kills. Not only that you ruin the fun for everyone who wants to play for the objective, with pvp as a side note, you are also completely destroying the purpose of a WZ.

If you just like to pvp, then go and kill stuff outside of the WZ. But don't join the WZ and play like a douche who is everywhere but not at the place in where you need him/her.

Its also complete ******** that you don't get anything for actually playing the objective.

Its completely the same like in WoW Bgs.... the middle zergers that are total spot-waste because they don't help nor do anything besides zerging like brainless kids.

Most of you guys are proving how shallow a game it is and how idiotic the way the devs have set the game up. Instead of just rewarding gank squads and level 50 cowards that prey upon the weakest or lowest levels the game should have been designed to reward protectors and scorers and reward teamwork. You guys have proved my point way beyond anything I could have come up with.

I hate all the people in this post saying that the objective of WZ (BGs) come second to ganking. Sorry but you are in the wrong place if you are just in it for the kills. Not only that you ruin the fun for everyone who wants to play for the objective, with pvp as a side note, you are also completely destroying the purpose of a WZ.

If you just like to pvp, then go and kill stuff outside of the WZ. But don't join the WZ and play like a douche who is everywhere but not at the place in where you need him/her.

Its also complete ******** that you don't get anything for actually playing the objective.

Its completely the same like in WoW Bgs.... the middle zergers that are total spot-waste because they don't help nor do anything besides zerging like brainless kids.

Not sure who you are replying to, but if you are taking me saying the person who scores the ball should not be rewarded more heavily than the 3-4 people who helped make it possible as "objectives should come second to ganking", then you are sorely mistaken.

Most of you guys are proving how shallow a game it is and how idiotic the way the devs have set the game up. Instead of just rewarding gank squads and level 50 cowards that prey upon the weakest or lowest levels the game should have been designed to reward protectors and scorers and reward teamwork. You guys have proved my point way beyond anything I could have come up with.

Teamwork is rewarded in the form of a higher reward for the win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.