[Medals]: Constructive ideas to improve the medal system

theMornox

This is a suggestion how to rework the medal system to improve it compared to the current situation (this means that I don't think my suggestion will result in 100% fair rewards for all warzone participants, but it will be better than it is in the current state)

1. Objective medals

The following ideas for new medals will increase the possible number of medals per warzone by 2/3. As this would increase the general valor gain the valor points awarded for completing a warzone should be decreased by 50-150 accordingly in order to keep current balance (as the developers probably had some thought on this). This means objective oriented play will be encouraged for all players since it will be more rewarding.

Civil war

- interrupt a tap

- successfully tap a turret (award the medal as well for tapping while another teammate finishs the tap to prevent "objective-grabbing")

The Voidstar

- interrupt a tap/defuse

- blowing up a bomb/open a door

Huttball

- score a point

- successfully pass the ball

- kill the enemy ball carrier

huttball defender points should be removed or reworked, because normally its better to get in a good position for receiving a pass than zerg play around the ball carrier. medals should not encourage zerg play.

A very different approach on this is to rework the Objective points system. Those could be given for equivalent events and should represent how objective oriented the participants played in the warzone. If the objective points become a more precise indicator on the gameplay they could be directly connected to medals as in damage/healing. This would be a more complex but, if implemented properly, a better solution than the "hotfix" of implementing the medals i suggested.

2. Healing Medals

decrease the needed healing points for medals by 30% in correlation to the Trauma debuff

3. Bug Fixes

rework triggers (as known assassin medal for 1v1 and killing blow medal are not always awarded)

Edited by theMornox

Overall I like the idea of awarding medals for people contributing to the objustives as they are contributing to the team so getting more valor and commendations is a nice way to encourage team play. I also agree with the removal of the assassin medal seeing as how it completely goes against the point of being a team and working as one.

The only thing I would really object to is....

Huttball

- score a point

Its bad enough to get people to pass the ball when they should as it is this would just encourage that a lot more. Basically anything to encourage contributing is always a good idea but have to be careful it wont be counterproductive.

i thought about this, too. at the moment scoring a point is completely unrewarded and in many cases the work of 1 or 2 players. this is what has to change.

you can score 6 points in huttball. the medal will encourage you to make at least one of them. if you spend the same time in the zerg you probably would get some other medal. so basically the valor difference would not be significant in my perspective.

its definately a difficult detail on this. any better ideas?

by the way this is the same for giving medals for voidstar bombs or civil war turrets. yet i believe its better to make the guys hunt for objectives than just not rewarding it at all. i currently dont see a way to perfectly balance this.

Edited by theMornox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.