Kinetic Combat: How do I know when Particle Acceleration has procced?

YourMomWasHere

Without staring at my buff bar that is.

My Scoundrel procs Upper Hand and she giggles and gets a glowy orange mesh effect.

My Sentinel procs for available Riposte with a blue glow/burst center screen.

I have to look at the buff bar or notice critical fly-text numbers to know that Particle Acceleration is up? There's no other visual or audio cue like other characters/effects, or am I missing it?

I don't think so. You have the same issue with harnessed shadow, which is a little trickier (for particle acceleration you only need to see if you got an extra buff. For harnessed shadow you need to see how many you got. Though i guess harnessed shadows is 100% so you can just count your projects, particle isn't...)

After about a week my eyes adjusted to micro vision. Sorry there no added help, and the fact that the icon is yellow makes it much harder to see.

I find our dark green and purple procs much easier as I dont have to actually look at the design on it.

Same thing with Force Strike procs for free & instant Mind Crushes from the Balance tree. No audible indicator that I can discern, and no visible trigger that I have seen.

At least Force Strike uses a purple icon. Yellow-colored icons blend together with your technique and self-buff when glancing at your minuscule buff bar to see if your skill tree-defining proc is active or not. :(

Really frustrating.

Without staring at my buff bar that is.

There's no other visual or audio cue like other characters/effects, or am I missing it?

When Particle Acceleration procs there's a brief golden glow on your character (similar to the green glow when you receive a heal)

It's pretty easy to miss while in middle of combat, though. You might want to use the Whirling Blow while in some quiet spot, to trigger the effect a few times and familiarize yourself with it.

When Particle Acceleration procs there's a brief golden glow on your character (similar to the green glow when you receive a heal)

It's pretty easy to miss while in middle of combat, though. You might want to use the Whirling Blow while in some quiet spot, to trigger the effect a few times and familiarize yourself with it.

I didn't even know about the glow, I keep an eye on the tool bar for the little brown indicator and when it pops up I hit force potency and project.

I didn't even know about the glow, I keep an eye on the tool bar for the little brown indicator and when it pops up I hit force potency and project.

I didn't either, that's good to know. Sometimes I feel like I spend too much time looking at my buffs to be able to pay attention to the fight. :-/

• 6 months later...

At the top of my screen I have quickbar 4 set to oversized and to show 5 abilities.

Of those are

Force Potency | Project | Slow Time | Spinning Kick | Force Pull

I project then double strike until the big project icon at the top of my screen has it's cooldown disappear (PA resets) and telekinetic throw when my character has a big white ball surrounding their abdomen.

I try to pop force potency every 3rd project so telekinetic throw gets the distance buff from the second force potency charge.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

You can edit your UI and move your portrait/buffs to a location on the screen that you look at the most, that way looking for the buff is no extra effort.

I tend to position my portrait so that my buffs are displayed right above my 1st quickbar - this makes looking at cooldowns on my abilities a 2-in-1 with checking my procs. It works well given the lack of addon options to monitor procs.

I've found you can sorda train yourself to see it fairly well if you just go hit some dummies in Coruscant or Dromund Kaas for a while.

Unfortunately, you still have to be staring at your toon to catch it, same problem if you edit the UI, you still have to stare at a specific point on the screen.

At least with say the sith sorceror, your hear a distinct sound, and the flash it gives is much easier to see and the lightning affect catches your eye even if you're not staring at it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.