How bad it's gotten with the lvl 50s

Crylor

I will go into a WZ as a non 50 and be harrassed by my own team for not being 50 and told to **** because I'm ruining thier chances.

I go into another WZ and a premade of 50s leave the WZ at the first sign of defeat or just stand around no longer caring to try. Blaming the non 50s "**** until they patch this and give you lowbies your own matches!".

Left a guild who would not group with anyone under 50 for WZ, because the WZ buff wasn't enough "we kill non 50s in three hits with that buff and you'll cause us to lose because of your level."

I do enjoy it when the 50s, to teach me a lesson and put me in my place will stand idly watching as a member of the other team kills me. Then gloat about in in chat.

I will go into a WZ as a non 50 and be harrassed by my own team for not being 50 and told to **** because I'm ruining thier chances.

I go into another WZ and a premade of 50s leave the WZ at the first sign of defeat or just stand around no longer caring to try. Blaming the non 50s "**** until they patch this and give you lowbies your own matches!".

Left a guild who would not group with anyone under 50 for WZ, because the WZ buff wasn't enough "we kill non 50s in three hits with that buff and you'll cause us to lose because of your level."

I do enjoy it when the 50s, to teach me a lesson and put me in my place will stand idly watching as a member of the other team kills me. Then gloat about in in chat.

Many of the TOR PvP crowd aren't the cream of the crop of humanity.

BW should have had brackets in before launch. Hell, if Champions Online can have brackets every 10 lvls, TOR should have had them in as well.

Get to 50 then and stop ruining the other 50's warzones!

You gave me a great idea

Level to 50 and then once they give that level 50 only pvp queue thing just grief the **** out of every *** that was on your case when you still leveling

**** entitled mother****ers

Last time I saw that in a wz, I had a giggle at the person for being so damned terrible when the thing finished and I had triple every stat of theirs and was personally to thank for the victorious 2-0 huttball scoreline.

You can be low level and still be damned effective/good at the game. You can also be high level keyboard turner with no knowledge of your class or skills, or everyone elses skills and blame everyone else for your own misgivings.

Some people are just jerks, don't put your careface on.

I have been pvping a lot on my lvl 24 and do OK. I just try to focus on the objectives and try not to get singled out. Always be positive in chat or just **** if I have nothing nice to say. I think not having any penalty for leaving is just dumb, stick the old deserter debuff on them for an hour and they wont leave.:eek:

Roll Republic! Well takes 10s in our warzones just to fill the spot:p.

And if a premade of 4 50s can't beat a Republic team who rarely has more than 2 on any server I play on, then once the 50s brackets are made they'll never win again...

You gave me a great idea

Level to 50 and then once they give that level 50 only pvp queue thing just grief the **** out of every *** that was on your case when you still leveling

**** entitled mother****ers

It won't work.

They will just grief you again for not having sufficient valor or champion gear because you didn't PVP enough below 50.

LOL

You simply can't win.

They should have never allowed any of the WZ to be played more than 10 lvls out side your own. Hence 10-19 then 20-29 then 30-39 and so on.

Heck even if you get so called PVP armor, which is nothing more than an orange set at lvl 40 with a 96 rating, which yup its better but I had a pretty decent set of orange that was 88 rating, you can not gain any advantage.

I wonder what they were thinking? Not to mention they have to see the stats? You figure their mainframes have to show this imbalance.

Edited by CaptainMattPost

Roll Republic! Well takes 10s in our warzones just to fill the spot:p.

And if a premade of 4 50s can't beat a Republic team who rarely has more than 2 on any server I play on, then once the 50s brackets are made they'll never win again...

The population inbalance is actually a big concern of mine.

According to one of my guildmates who read up on the soon to be coming PVP patch, the Daily at Ilum is now going to require kills to complete.

I find that absolutely amusing as the Imps on my server hang out at the PVP grounds just waiting for a Republican player to show up so they can swap caps and get their daily done.

There are usually so many Imps in the area waiting to cap swap that you would think the Emperor himself was coming to speak - and all waiting for the first Repub player to come through to do his daily so they can hope to complete their as well.

As for warzones, it is Huttball 8 times out of 10 with Imps playing against Imps. And when you do get either Alderaan or Voidstar to pop the Repubs are all swinging Trooper or Counsalar and half the their team heals you into submission.

Ask me what the top gear or abilities for the Republican side is and I honestly coudln't tell you. Ask me about gear or abilities for any Imperial class and I know them by heart because I have faced them so many times in Huttball that they are burned into my brain.

They should have never allowed any of the WZ to be played more than 10 lvls out side your own. Hence 10-19 then 20-29 then 30-39 and so on.

Heck even if you get so called PVP armor, which is nothing more than an orange set at lvl 40 with a 96 rating, which yup its better but I had a pretty decent set of orange that was 88 rating, you can not gain any advantage.

I wonder what they were thinking? Not to mention they have to see the stats? You figure their mainframes have to show this imbalance.

My personal experience in warzones is that the buff works well until you add level 50s with expertise gear into the equation. As a DPS player I had no problems dealing with players of any level or gear until you open the door for levels 50 with expertise. At that point, my damage reduction drops so low and their health bars are so high that it is pointless to fight one on one with any hope of standing your ground or winning.

So if I were to recommend level brackets it would be 1 - 49 and then a separate one at 50.

I would also recommend a PVP sprint ability for those players who are below 14 and want to pvp with the bigger kids. Not having sprint is an absolute hinderance to any team.

I don't mind getting ganked in world pvp by higher levels or care that my faction doesn't want to help in world pvp.

What I do mind is that I'm paying a subscription for certain playable aspects of the game which are not playable at this time, the WZ aspect.

Should give them their own bracket immediately or buff the WZ buff more.

My personal experience in warzones is that the buff works well until you add level 50s with expertise gear into the equation. As a DPS player I had no problems dealing with players of any level or gear until you open the door for levels 50 with expertise. At that point, my damage reduction drops so low and their health bars are so high that it is pointless to fight one on one with any hope of standing your ground or winning.

So if I were to recommend level brackets it would be 1 - 49 and then a separate one at 50.

I would also recommend a PVP sprint ability for those players who are below 14 and want to pvp with the bigger kids. Not having sprint is an absolute hinderance to any team.

QFT!

I haven't felt weak on low level chars all the way up till champ gear was prevalent in wz's.

Sure having a few more skills than a lowbie would turn the tide for you sometimes, but it couldn't carry you so much that it became uncompetitive like the expertise gear does :D

10-49 works, although I think it would be better 14-49 so you have sprint in place and at least a couple of talent pts/skills. Lvl 10 feels so bare when you play in pvp its almost verging on stupidity.

QFT!

I haven't felt weak on low level chars all the way up till champ gear was prevalent in wz's.

Sure having a few more skills than a lowbie would turn the tide for you sometimes, but it couldn't carry you so much that it became uncompetitive like the expertise gear does :D

10-49 works, although I think it would be better 14-49 so you have sprint in place and at least a couple of talent pts/skills. Lvl 10 feels so bare when you play in pvp its almost verging on stupidity.

No, trust me 10 - 49 doesnt work... you take the 50's out then the players will whinge about the 49's. If you are gonne get brackets do it properly. Every 9 - 10 levels. That will minimise the crying children.

No, trust me 10 - 49 doesnt work... you take the 50's out then the players will whinge about the 49's. If you are gonne get brackets do it properly. Every 9 - 10 levels. That will minimise the crying children.

It worked fine, I was levelling solely on pvp, happily taking on people 10-20 levels higher than me when I started out in the game.

Closer bracketing will just reduce the chance of a wz popping imo.

We told them this in Beta. They don't listen.

The perfect solution? To let us make PvP - stand alone - builds. Entering a WZ would auto-switch you to your char with lvl50, with PvP dedicated gear, keybinds etc. This would solve a gear gap, level gap and probably partly solve population gap. Planet's PvP would rely solely on PvE(standard) build with no expertise and other purely WZ-onic stuff.

Although I'm quite sure it is too late to implement this.

Edited by dadamowsky

Lvl 50 means nothing. Get out of my team if you don't pack 400+ expertise. Coz I know that the team of 8 lvl 50 imps will.

That seems to be the evening routine on our server.

For what it is worth, it goes both ways. Because the Imps have to deal with those same heavily geared pre-mades in Huttball when you aren't dealing with them in Voidstar or Aldaraan.

And we might actually have had it worse because for us, Huttball hits far more often. I have seen premades in champion gear dominate before most people even had a character who was level 40. And then by the time you hit 50, you struggle for a win because those same people are running around in battlemaster gear now ... something you won't likely even see for a good month once you account for your obscene amount of losses.

Lvl 50 means nothing. Get out of my team if you don't pack 400+ expertise. Coz I know that the team of 8 lvl 50 imps will.

That seems to be the evening routine on our server.

I partially agree with you. Without expertise gear, it is still bad for a level 50 but it is far worse if you are below 50 facing a player with this gear on. The difference is that you can usually start sporting expertise gear within a week after hitting 50 and you already posses all of your skills and levels.

The real catcher is CC and expertise. I have seen more than my fair share of stuns, interupts, and pushbacks not do a thing against a level 50 in warzones. I can only assume it is because of the expertise gear they are wearing. I have also been on the receiving end of CC from hell where I get stunned and interrupted longer, and thrown further distances than I normally expect from a non 50 player. Again I can only assume this is due to the expertise gear level 50s have compared to my own at the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.