Would this game be better without the MMO aspect?

Dravinian

I ask in the PvP forum because here more than anywhere else really the MMO part of the game is what makes PvP.

I mentioned this in another post and having thought about it, I think I am right.

This game would be better without the MMO.

Bioware has a track record of making really great single player games, and the single player parts of this game really seem to work well.

Is it possible that they built a single player game, and then realised they could milk us all for more than merely the £50 initial cost? Here they can milk thousands of people for £9 a month, and by just slapping on some afterthoughts.

Oh PvP...that is a part of the MMO world isn't it? Perhaps we can slap together some instances that people can fight in....balance? mechanics? animations? rewards? Oh don't worry about that, it isn't important, as long as they have somewhere to go, lets take ideas from other places that worked, resilience works right? valor works right? yeah chuck them in, no don't think about it, just chuck it on the end gear that will work, we will make some ranks or something later.

I know lets slap in some instances that one player can't complete alone, lets call em flashpoints and pretend they are something new. Yeah that will work, just buff the damage and hp of the mobs slightly that will work, that will convince people that this is an MMORPG...oh yeah chuck up an auction house or whatever they call it, that makes it appear like there is character interaction, I am sure that will fool people.

If you took out the "Heroics" and the PvP.....this game is actually quite a good single player game.

It is just that the entire MMO part of it appears to have been thrown on at the end with no thought, no planning and no consideration of what makes a good MMO.

I don't like being thought of as a cow, and therefore I don't like to be milked.

Bioware has a track record of making really great single player games, and the single player parts of this game really seem to work well.

They used to but Dragon Age 2 sucked and a lot of the really talented people that worked for BioWare left after Origins was released because they didn't like the direction EA was taking the company

This game wouldn't be better without the MMO aspect because the story in game is incredibly cliched and not inspired at all, albeit BioWare writing has never been very original but it was at least executed well to the point that you were entertained. Every single class story so far has been wholly predictable and to me the only fun I've had playing the game has been in the multiplayer aspect, doing flashpoints and pvping.

If this was a singleplayer game I'd probably have as much contempt for it as I do for Dragon Age 2.

An important thing to keep in mind though is that if this was a singleplayer game it probably would have been made a lot differently, and likely would have been rushed to be released in the holiday season of 2010. In addition to being made for consoles and ported to PC, and with all the consequences that come with being a ****** console port. So I can't think of a single reason why this game would be better as a singleplayer game.

If they would have made the game they wanted to instead of using demographics.

I am starting to see that they have a vision of the game and don't care about input or what the MMO community wants, or what needs to be done to move the MMO world into the actual next gen of MMO's

The vision seems to copy and paste blizzards crap idea's and crap player base cause thats exactly what the MMO world needed... MORE BAD IDEAS!

I understand your logic and thinking and completely agree. This game feels unfinished in an odd way especially with all the bugs, glitches, and exploits.

Yea, it sure does. The only reason there are so many of these types of threads, is that we all see the POTENTIAL this game has. We WANT it to succeed. Don't they?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.