How long is the gear grind for 10% Expertise?

Fenomen

Anyone got an estimate how long on average it might take to get enough PvP Equip to reach the 10% Damage Reduction?

I know its random and will depends on alot of different Stuff.

But i would like to have an estimate because im even considering not leveling to 50 at all, I got little Desire or Time for massive endgame grinds and this Game seems to allready have the Threadmill Grind in Effect with multiple tiers of Epic Equipment availible before any major content Update(thanks WoW for *********** that up)

Anyone got an estimate how long on average it might take to get enough PvP Equip to reach the 10% Damage Reduction?

I know its random and will depends on alot of different Stuff.

But i would like to have an estimate because im even considering not leveling to 50 at all, I got little Desire or Time for massive endgame grinds and this Game seems to allready have the Threadmill Grind in Effect with multiple tiers of Epic Equipment availible before any major content Update(thanks WoW for *********** that up)

You should probably just quit.

Like with all subscription based MMOs, they want you to pay for as long as possible.

Apparently, they think forcing you to grind is a better way to accomplish this than allowing you to have fun after you've experienced the story.

That said, so far the grind isn't as bad as many others - but it's definitely about grind and NOT skill.

Edited by DKDArtagnan

Don't play MMOs then. Now go.

You have no Clue. There were MMOs in the Past without that Kind of Geargrind. Itemization from Crafting is non existant! To get decent Epics you have to grind Dailys and Bgs. Not everyone likes that kind of playstyle. Some Poeple also prefer a Online Game to involve a little Skill instead of relying on Equipment to carry you trough.

I never said i dont like to invest Time, i just dont want to participate in that kind of grind. There should be more Options to get decent Gear then what its currently about.

Edited by Fenomen

I'm at 2 weeks and a day doing the dailies and weeklys. I had 1000/1000 and one champ bag bought before 50. Additionally I had helm boots gloves and pants of the blue set before they removed it.

I'm at 7.46 expertise now and I feel that I've been moderately unlucky with my bag openings.

Double boots. Double gloves. Quadruple relics<---the worst.

I'm valor 51 and I expect to be in full champ/cent gear well before 60 at the pace I'm going.

So it all depends on how much you PvP while leveling and how lucky you are with bags after hitting 50.

Less than a month if I had to ballpark it. Assuming an hour or two of play a night.

I'm at 2 weeks and a day doing the dailies and weeklys. I had 1000/1000 and one champ bag bought before 50. Additionally I had helm boots gloves and pants of the blue set before they removed it.

I'm at 7.46 expertise now and I feel that I've been moderately unlucky with my bag openings.

Double boots. Double gloves. Quadruple relics<---the worst.

I'm valor 51 and I expect to be in full champ/cent gear well before 60 at the pace I'm going.

So it all depends on how much you PvP while leveling and how lucky you are with bags after hitting 50.

Less than a month if I had to ballpark it. Assuming an hour or two of play a night.

Thank you very much

Alternatively. Try operations or hardmodes every so often. You'll not get the expertise stat. But the gear drops can be some pretty nice upgrades. That would require more time in one sitting but you could play less times a week and not feel like you were missing dailies.

If you only play when you have a daily, it's not really all that much time you need to invest, although it might take a couple of weeks.

I got to 10% expertise in about 2 weeks, and dailies/weeklies were roughly half of my total gained champion bags.

I got pretty lucky with my gear though, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect 10% within 3-4 weeks of only doing dailies and weeklies(no commendation grinding at all).

Thank you very much

No worries. I call complete BS to those who think you need to be a slave to a MMO to have fun. My best advice is make RL friends who share similar gaming interests and form guilds with them. Online guilds tend to be a bit more extreme than building with people you actually know.

And there's absolutely nothing in any MMO I haven't done with that more casual style of gaming friends.

Edited by thanealpha

Additionally I had helm boots gloves and pants of the blue set before they removed it.

This ^^ my friends is why BioWare are some freaking *******s. They knew their pvp was ***** so they needed the carrot on a stick rng bags to keep people going instead of more of an even playing field gear wise. ( I have mostly Champ/Cent. gear for all the fanboys that will flame this)

To OP, you will play the same wz's over and over even when you get fully geared and by then you will probably be sick of them. Especially Foozeball.

Truth is truth, EAD BioWare

P.S. D.A. 2 was horrible

Consider that WoW had a 1:1 player level to item level ratio at release (player level 60, item level 60)

SWTOR has a 1:2.8 player level to item level ratio at release (player level 50, item level 140)

It took 2 weeks for people to start getting this gear, leveling included. The only epics you could find in WoW at release were .1% world and dungeon drops.

My point is that we appear to be on course for a gear grind/item treadmill the likes of which nobody has seen before :)

On the other hand, there's no telling how Bioware may choose to make gear work in PvP. They realize the importance of a PvP stat, (regardless of how we agree/disagree it should be implemented or not). So that's something I guess.

Edited by BDutch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.