Scoundrels need a stealth bar, who is with me?

Dweomr

There are 2 powers that are only usable from stealth that I can think of. Tranquilizer dart and Shoot first. Alot of your powers can be used and not break stealth, so having to go stealth to bring up a bar for 2 powers seems a waste. Just activate another quickslot bar and hotkey stealth powers from there.

Cover bar has alot more and I beleive gunslingers get alot of use from it.

There are 2 powers that are only usable from stealth that I can think of. Tranquilizer dart and Shoot first. Alot of your powers can be used and not break stealth, so having to go stealth to bring up a bar for 2 powers seems a waste. Just activate another quickslot bar and hotkey stealth powers from there.

Cover bar has alot more and I beleive gunslingers get alot of use from it.

Yes but the out of stealth abilities shouldn't have to complete with abilities that only get used in stealth fro shelfspace. I don't understand why even the simpliest of qulaity of life requests always get push back on these boards. It's not like they don't already have a similar mechanic (cover bar) and it's not like it would ruin anyone else's gameplay.

I thought that a stealth bar would be cool but there are only three abilities that are stealth dependent; tranquilize, sneak, and shoot first. On the other hand, if you go gunslinger there are a total 7 cover-dependent abilities. (I may have miscounted but the actual amount should be close to this) Clearly, the answer is that we need more moves that can be used from stealth.

Yes but the out of stealth abilities shouldn't have to complete with abilities that only get used in stealth fro shelfspace.

^^^^

I need shoot first in ready at hand right away to start off a fight.. so it has to go some were prominent... but after I use it.. it is now in the way and taking up valuable space for the entire 99% of the rest of the fight.

as gunslinger/sniper you can stuff all your cover only shots on your cover bar, and when you stand up, they excuse themselves freeing up space on your bars to get to stuff you need.

as a scoundrel I have 3 bars full of I need this button to be in reach skills, am spilling over onto the 4th, and I'm not even 50 yet to have them all.

Once they introduce macros, it won't matter.

You can place two skills in one button to do something like:

/cast Shoot First;

/cast Back Blast;

It will attempt the first line, but if it fails it will move to the next line. This is a very simplified example, of course.

The only issue I have is that, although there are only 2 stealth abilities, they still take up space on my action bars that could be used for abilities that don't require stealth. My solution would be to instead of adding a stealth bar make the cover bar a sort of hybrid. Allow Scoundrels the use of the cover bar in stealth (a.k.a have it appear when we stealth like it does when we go into cover).

That way we can assign our stealth abilities in the cover menu and there is no need for addition programming to go into making a new bar appear. I don't know whether this is a plausible solution or not, but it seems like pretty straight forward answer. Hopefully BioWare can look into it :D

:ph_cheers:

Once they introduce macros, it won't matter.

You can place two skills in one button to do something like:

/cast Shoot First;

/cast Back Blast;

It will attempt the first line, but if it fails it will move to the next line. This is a very simplified example, of course.

I don't see them implementing macros like that when Blizzard had to revise and change their macro system to remove the functionality. Assuming they don't want years of grief dealing with macros and UI mods making decisions for the player (like Blizzard had to) they will make any macro end as soon as a line fails.

And I agree a Stealth bar is a necessary QoL change, seeing as those few stealth abilities need to be immediately on hand while stealthed and then completely gone when not.

Edited by Frenegade

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.