Please don't limit armor by class

Wraith_Shadow

So we all hear the talk about "the Wall" of armor, all the different types that the artists worked so hard on. The armor tht has so many different kinds that they took out the Color matching just so you could apprediate it all.

From what i've seen, so far it's a bit of a lie. As a Sith Warrior i've only had 4 different Chest Armor looks. Different armors, but only 4 real variations, they just keep changing the color. And to make matters worse, they're all pretty much Malgus based. Malgus looks cool.... for Malgus. Not so much for me. So i don't want too look like him, i don't want to be in his fan club or getting his hand me downs. Personally i'd love to get my warrior in a darker version of the Armor the Jedi knight is wearing at Character creation.

As a solution to the armor complaints would be to open them up a bit more. You already have armor limited by type, light, medium, and heavy, so why not get rid of the class limitations? Why not let people use ANY armor under their specified class. It's bad enough that we don't get to pick our armor specs, but why keep limiting us by not letting my Sith Wear the medium armor i want? the Armor the artists put so much effort into?

Hopefully i'm not the only person that would like to see the armor limited by type WITHOUT the class restrictions?

You do get to pick your armour type, when you pick your class.... This is like asking if your bounty hunter can have force powers and a lightsaber too... Have you played MMO's before? Not wanting to sound like a dick, but this is pretty much a staple mechanic.

Not really no, you pick the class for more of a role, and everything else is just part of it. There isn't much in the way of Choice in this game. I don't really think it counts as "picking my armor style" when they basically just hand you a character that's already planned out for you minus the few modifiers in the skill tree. Why can't my Trooper Wear bounty hunter Armor minus the Jetpacks? Why can't my Warrior look more like they did in the jedi temple trailer? I know that some games do that, but that's also a huge issue that people are having is that this game is a little TOO much like those other games, and not in the best of ways.

Although I HAVE been looking for more Orange armor to use/mod but again, for the most part it's all malgus based with the only differences being color and stats. Although i do like how DCUO did it with unlocking the appearance of an item by equiping it, but an appearance tab or something would be nice as well. Sadly though it seems that i'm stuck as a malgus clone for the time being, although i'm hoping there are more at level 40 and up that isn't just a color change.

EDIT: It's the looks that i want from other classes, not the stats. So orange sith warrior armor is still not the look i want even though they are cool enough to let us change stats.

Edited by Wraith_Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

they boasted the Whole "wall or armor" but then they limit the crap out of it. Isn't that one of the BS answers they gave for taking away the Color matching system? Because they had this "wall of Armor" and it was cool and had a ton of work put into it? but i'm having a hard time seeing that when i'm only able to access a small fraction of that minus the color changes.

Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of orange gear, but at the same time i would like to have a wider set of appearances to chose from.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.