Thank you Bioware.

Darth_Nemisis

I know I will probably get trolled hardcore, and im sure there will be a great deal of negativity on this subject, but frankly im going to say my peace. I have been playing MMOS since 1998, everything from Ultima Online, the original Everquest ect, and the amount of communication between Bioware through their Dev Tracker with the community has really impressed me.

Ive been in gaming communitys where the players would have a ton of questions that were NOT getting any ansewers of any kind period, and it would go on for months at a time.It is cool to be able to look upon the Dev tracker and see that not only are they reading the forums, but they are taking our most serious issues and giving us their thoughts and such. You may not always tell us what we wanna hear Bioware, and its impossible to make everyone happy, but I myself am thankful for the attempts you have gone through to at least communicate with your fans. Thank you for your efforts.

Edited by Darth_Nemisis

Yes Bioware THANKS!! and also please keep going in this way. This game is giving good times to me and my friends and I have already played World of Warcraft and now I am playing Star Wars The Old Republic, so please ignore those in this forums who only requests WoW customizations.

You should do what it's necesary to fix bugs and complete the incomplete work, but always in your own way, you are doing right and this is only the begining, still there is a huge path to follow.

In personal petition, please avoid those request about Skill delays, the game combat is great right now, the people only have to re-learn to play, and forget all about others games works...

Thanks a lot, and please keep this game being Star Wars The Old Republic, try to avoid those who wants to convert it into World Of The Force.. (bad name, I know :D).

Kind regards.

I know I will probably get trolled hardcore, and im sure there will be a great deal of negativity on this subject, but frankly im going to say my peace. I have been playing MMOS since 1998, everything from Ultima Online, the original Everquest ect, and the amount of communication between Bioware through their Dev Tracker with the community has really impressed me.

Ive been in gaming communitys where the players would have a ton of questions that were NOT getting any ansewers of any kind period, and it would go on for months at a time.It is cool to be able to look upon the Dev tracker and see that not only are they reading the forums, but they are taking our most serious issues and giving us their thoughts and such. You may not always tell us what we wanna hear Bioware, and its impossible to make everyone happy, but I myself am thankful for the attempts you have gone through to at least communicate with your fans. Thank you for your efforts.

the astroturf is strong with this one.

Yeah, Bioware thanks. I am really enjoying the game at the moment.

The game has a long way to go, but it will get there eventually. The important thing for me is that they keep up this level of communication, and bug smashing, along with adding content we the fans want.

Happy to bumo this thread...

Good job BW - having a blast.

Yes it has problems, yes it has some maturing to do, no it is NOT SWG 2.0 (shame) but I for one am thoroughly enjoying the game for what it is....

Gratz to BW for the best MMORPG launch I can remember!!

Driz

I too feel like sharing in the positivity. Me and my friends are enjoying ourselves quite a lot actually.

Many ex-WoW players among us too. Yet you dont see us coming on here QQing our buts off about whatever WoW feature we want. We enjoy the game, the setting and the fact that its not going to pandaland in the foreseeable future. People just have trouble understanding that not everything in WoW is good even for WoW itself and stop asking for "im lazy so gimme" features.

There are things to improve in TOR of course but so far ... nice work.

Thanks to the OP for the eyestrain!

Also, thanks to lokivoid for this which made me chuckle:

the astroturf is strong with this one.

However, I actually agree with the OP. I've just hit hit lvl 30, starting out in now Alderan and my friends and I are having a blast. I really like the storyline levelling, the mix of Heroic 2/4+ quests, the Flashpoints and the general feel of the companions and crew skills.

I know there are those screaming "the problems really start after lvl 30" and maybe they will, but even if they do, I'm not going to condemn the game for it. They will get sorted in time and while they are sorting them I can start levelling another chr or two.

The issues I have come across so far have been pretty minor. Yes, the UI needs freeing up and yes we want Advanced Graphics options and all the other things people are highlighting. The bottom line though it that I feel I am getting my moneys worth atm (if you want an example of a complete con which ripped off players cash, I give you the original release of APB by way of example!).

If that changes and I start to get bored with the game, I'll stop paying for it and come back to try it again later. I did it with WoW...played for several months, left for a year or two then played it fairly solidly for a couple of years. I can't see that happening for a good while in tOR though and in that time, I expect Bio to continue with their post-release schedule of patches and bug fixes which means things can only improve.

/bump

Thanks BW, your game seriously ROCKS!

And you DO listen - thank you for NOT making SWG 2.0 and for NOT being SOE (no nerf wars and no massive surprise total game overhauls, please - what you have here is fantastic! Only small bug fixes and gradual content and QoL additions are really necessary.)

My only real complaint is that Blizzard got me for another year with their new flying mount and free copy of Diablo III offer, and now all my paid-for WoW toons are just sitting on the Anvilmar and Nazgrel shelves collecting dust :[

Oh well, once I get at least one character to 50 and all my alts to a sufficent level to have experienced most of the current SWTOR content, I'll dust off my WoW login, make a Kung-fu Panda, and play that until BW dangles the next shiny wholesome chunk of Star Wars goodness in my eager gaze :]

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.