Quality of Life: Armor Appearance

SandTrout

This is not a game-breaking issue, but it does affect how much I enjoy the game, to a fair degree. Most of the High-end armor such as the raid sets and PvP sets are either hideous, or just don't fit the tastes of the player or seem out of character.

Please allow us to transfer the stats of those armors to armors with visual appearances of any armor of the same type (light, medium, heavy). I want to keep my trech-coat on my Sniper, not wear something out of assassin's creed, and I want a full helmet that covers my face, like the Rakata/tyonese helmet, when I'm in PvP, rather than the current PvP helmet that looks like a half-assed cyborg samurai or something.

I want to look a certain way to fit my character and not be forced into armors that I dislike the appearance of in order to get the most performance out of my character.

I understand that you have more important issues to take care of right now, but if you have the time, this change would be greatly appreciated.

An appearance tab should be standard for all MMOs. Especially, with this game Bioware could add like 40 more social outfits and people would just eat them up.

I agree. I would have liked to see a dye system but the problem is deeper than that - I personally think as well a lot of the armor designs are just retarded looking.

I agree. I would have liked to see a dye system but the problem is deeper than that - I personally think as well a lot of the armor designs are just retarded looking.

yeah, I just looked at all the top end armor available at the vendors.

Have you seen what Assassins have to look forward to in PvE gear? *shudders*

Yeah I agree on this count, the Trooper PvE gear sets all have *** skirts which I hate and will never understand.

Fortunatley Bioware have explicity said that they will be unlocking the armour slots on the epics eventually meaning you can stick the mods in any peice of armour that takes your fancy.

Then your only problem is finding a really cool set to put them all in :)

I really would like for someone at BW to comment on this. I hate most of the armor in the game, even the choice in orange gear is really pitiful. If they just added an appearance tab we could have so much more choice. Or more, less hideous, armor. It's not game-breaking, but like OP said it detracts from my enjoyment in the game. I don't want to have to look the same as every other lvl 50 or suffer in stats with sub-par mods. I see this kind of thread a lot, and I want to know if the devs care or are going to do anything about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.