WHEN are they going to fix the search engine on the forum ?

Blackthorne

I cant understand why a HUGE company like Bioware cant fix a simple search engine for their forum...... it REALLY sucks to look through 1000 pages to see IF your issue might have a solution somewhere...

Really BW... wake up and smell the cofee.....

Hope others will keep bumping this messenge until they get off their lazy !"#¤!"# and do something

I cant understand why a HUGE company like Bioware cant fix a simple search engine for their forum...... it REALLY sucks to look through 1000 pages to see IF your issue might have a solution somewhere...

Hope others will keep bumping this messenge until they get off their lazy !"#¤!"# and do something

lol m8 fixing stuff is not something they can do, well not well anyway

First off the last part is way out of line. Secondly the forum search is not broken it is disabled and for good reason. Until next month possibly 100,000 people would be viewing this place all at once. If they all did a search the forums would crash. After the 20th there will be quite a few people gone from these forums who are not subscribing and also a lot of the newness will have worn off. More bugs being fixed means less searches also. So for now you either have working forums or enable search and you cant even load the forums. For me Id rather search through here then not be able to access period.

First off the last part is way out of line. Secondly the forum search is not broken it is disabled and for good reason. Until next month possibly 100,000 people would be viewing this place all at once. If they all did a search the forums would crash. After the 20th there will be quite a few people gone from these forums who are not subscribing and also a lot of the newness will have worn off. More bugs being fixed means less searches also. So for now you either have working forums or enable search and you cant even load the forums. For me Id rather search through here then not be able to access period.

I heard WoW's forums could handle more users than ToR's, and it has a search function.

It can be done...if they would get up off their lazy.....

Edited by KetMalice

After the 20th there will be quite a few people gone from these forums who are not subscribing and also a lot of the newness will have worn off.

Maybe if people could find answers to their proplems.... and lets face it, a lot of the problems aren't bugs.... just issues that people need answers too, then BW might not loose that many after the 20th.

The problem is EA and BioWare should have the $ to put up a robust enough forum system and server that can handle the load.

There is a lot of basic forum functionality that is missing from these forums. Hopefully they get it sorted sooner rahter than later.

The problem is EA and BioWare should have the $ to put up a robust enough forum system and server that can handle the load.

There is a lot of basic forum functionality that is missing from these forums. Hopefully they get it sorted sooner rahter than later.

This place was a lot more fun back in the summer...glad that all of those discussions were purged, though.

It doesnt make sense to spend all that money on stuff you only need temporarily. It is better to have the forums work very fast (as they do). Its only temporary until the activity dies down a bit. Its really not a big deal.

I heard WoW's forums could handle more users than ToR's, and it has a search function.

It can be done...if they would get up off their lazy.....

I probably say this like 100 times a day but first of all WoW has 10000x the money of Bioware. They have had 8 YEARS to perfect the forums. They dont have the kind of traffic this place has at the moment and when they launched their servers were down more than up. Its comparing apples to oranges.

It doesnt make sense to spend all that money on stuff you only need temporarily. It is better to have the forums work very fast (as they do). Its only temporary until the activity dies down a bit. Its really not a big deal.

Except is is a huge deal. It is a very frustrating experience.

New guy comes into the forums, posts a thread in General Discussion where he thinks it goes. Thread disappears and he receives a warning from Joe Blow moderator.

New guy gets pissed off and starts trolling.

Welcome to SWToR forums.

I probably say this like 100 times a day but first of all WoW has 10000x the money of Bioware. They have had 8 YEARS to perfect the forums. They dont have the kind of traffic this place has at the moment and when they launched their servers were down more than up. Its comparing apples to oranges.

Bioware has EA behind them. They have plenty of money.

seriously doubt that they will enable the search engine after the 20th.... i think that they suffer from financiel- crisis syndrome.... afraid of spending any money on what they deem unnessecary..... and they funny part is that they now claim 2 milllion subscribers..... and as far as i understand it, that is four times the amount they need to break even.

Hello Everybody!

The search function is still being worked on. You can see some more information about it in the Dev Tracker in this post by Community Coordinator Allison Berryman:

We did briefly restore the search feature, but are still experiencing some technical issues when search is enabled. We are working diligently to restore the search feature on the Forums as soon as possible, and we understand the inconvenience this causes our community members. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Why is it that people always complain that we compare the game ( or forums in this case ) to WOW as it is today ?

Do BW need to reinvent the wheel all over again... cant they take other companies hard earn experiences and use them for themselves ? ... are you really saying that BW is that stupid ?

Personally i dont think that they are stupid..... just lazy.... hmm... or maybe not.... since the lazy person WOULD have used the other companies experiences..... oh well draw your own conclusion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.