Should I take a few months off?

Dabrixmgp

Dont get me wrong I love this game and the character story lines are awesome but it just seems like a lot of obvious stuff is lacking.

1. No way to get a group going other than sitting in Fleet. Its pre /LFD in WoW all over again. Sorry Id rather be questing than sitting around doing nothing except spamming general for a chance I might get a group. At least add a server only /LFD function or again be smart and make it cross server. Id like to get a group when I play not only during prime time

2. No cross server Warzones. I cant play during prime times. I usually play between 12am-5am. Warzone queues then are unacceptable. I have waited over an hour before. I just logged over to WoW and got into a BG after 5 mins even as Horde then came back to ToR. I have been in the queue for around 45 mins and nothing. People say it will ruin the community...who cares. PvP with strangers is better than no pvp at all

3. Melee classes seem clunky as hell to play and require 3 keyboards to play successfully. Im sorry but having to use 10-12 keybinds at level 30 just for PvE is work not fun. Games=fun, not work as Im not getting paid. No class in ANY MMO I have played, this is my 7th MMO, even uses that many at max level. Yet my level 31 marauder uses around that many.

4. No server forums. They actually expect us to make our own...yes they actually said that. So theres a sticky of some servers that have their own forums so I went to them. Think the most posts I saw out of around 12 different forums was 20. Not having a place where we can say we are looking for a certain item, a group, or a guild is unacceptable. The looking for guild forums are useless because of point 5.

5. No forum search. Who ever heard of such ridiculousness. Theres like 20 of the same topics going back 5 pages in every forum just because no one can search. Same goes for trying to find a guild thats recruiting for my server. Without search or server forums its near impossible. Even the LFGuild forum u get bumped down after a day.

Im not giving up on the game because I think it has great potential but why wasnt the stuff I listed, which is obvious, in the game from the start? Just thinking I should wait it out for a few months so all this stuff gets added and fixed plus the other bugs that other people are bringing up.

I am, I too love the game's core, but all the stuff surrounding it is not so great.

The above plus bugs during conversations was the deciding factor for me. Act 2 Trooper was really bad and its turning me off leveling my alts. Jedi quests seem very bad as well (Not sure how air killed someone, but I've used my air staff quite a bit on my Shadow).

None of those are legitimate reasons to not play the game.

Just make a new character and play through a brand new story. There's 8 of them with two different moral compasses. Tons of content.

really not being able to pvp or pve isnt a legitimate reason? What else am I supposed to do just craft all night long? I like to level a lot by doing pvp and running instances but you cant queue for instances and the WZ queues are so long Im lucky to do two in the hours I play.

really not being able to pvp or pve isnt a legitimate reason? What else am I supposed to do just craft all night long? I like to level a lot by doing pvp and running instances but you cant queue for instances and the WZ queues are so long Im lucky to do two in the hours I play.

I get Warfront queues in 10 to 20 seconds. Maybe you should play on a more populated server.

You know what I am seeing "Dont get me wrong I love this game" I am seeing this alot. They are not trolling, bashing they really love the game but..

I see "ANYONE doing" spammed and its a heavy server. which means nothing really in this game. You just cant much with 150 people in each zone.. need to OPEN it up to 500 or more. I have waited more then 20 min to get one person and that was prime time..

Your going to have to take more then one month.. try 5

how is that even a valid fix to my problem. Reroll cause they cant figure out cross server queuing is the only way to go?

They didn't include cross-server queuing as a design choice - and it's a good one.

So yes, reroll on a new server or stop complaining. You're not entitled to fast warfront queues after you joined a low population server.

Not logged in since last week- just cant be asked right now- love scifi games but wont pay the sub for this till maybe 4-6 months will come back then.

hopefully will have ability delay sorted and a better lfg system

have fun all-cya in a few months.

Dont get me wrong I love this game and the character story lines are awesome but it just seems like a lot of obvious stuff is lacking.

From your list of "serious" bugs, you don't sound like you love the game. If you are considering taking time off from the game, then you don't sound like you love the game.

I love the game and I don't see your list of bugs a serious at all, and I am not going to unsub. Because I love the game and will wait patiently for patched improvements, just like I have done with every other MMO.

Also, don't ever want to see cross server PvP or LFD. Ever. Never. Don't even go there.

They didn't include cross-server queuing as a design choice - and it's a good one.

So yes, reroll on a new server or stop complaining. You're not entitled to fast warfront queues after you joined a low population server.

the attitude of ppl like this will be its downfall

enjoy your ghost game fanboi's

In it's current state and if you play more than 10h per week there is not much point resubbing the next 6 months. 99% of the game is the leveling part and it's one of the shortest ever in an mmo game. And I guess I'm not alone in skipping through conversations you already heard once so when you level alts it's alot faster and more boring sadly since it's the exact same content for leveling except the short class story part.

The game lacks big time where it matters in the long run and that's the endgame. I'm sure alot of things will be added but nothing that will matter for most the coming 6 months probably.

They made the best Theme Park MMO for leveling. But at 50 the game really need to turn into a combined sandbox/theme park experience. Either the game is insanely rushed or they just made it for the extreme casuals that only plays for max 10h per week. Playing more and you run out of things to do absurdly fast.

If the game is frustrating to you and taking away from your enjoyment in its current form, by all means, take a break. Then in a couple months you can do some research and see if it is more to your liking.

I hope you don't mind if I respond to your frustrations/suggestions individually.

1. While I don't think a LFD/LFG function is necessary (based on my experiences, I don't have a problem with the developers adding one. I hope, however, that they never add a cross-server LFD function. Cross-server LFD just encourages bad behavior and ninja-looting b/c it is difficult to hold the person accountable for his/her actions.

2. Again, I personally am not a fan of cross-server queues. So I do not want to see this implemented.

3. I personally like that you are almost required to use more than a few abilities. It makes the game more fun and less redundant to me (press 1, 2, 4...then 1, 2, 4). That is personal preferance, though, but I hope it never changes.

4. I would love to see server forums added. Anything that builds community is good by me. Server forums have been a great addition to other games and I'd like to see it here.

5. Yes, maker please, give us back the search function. I don't understand how a forum can opperate successfully without one. Even the FAQ section says something about searching for previous threads on your subject before posting...I'd love to be able to search and find my answer quickly without bothering people with the same question for the 100th time, but I can't when the forums move so quickly (esp. General Chat) that relevant threads can be buried in only a few hours.

In conclusion, I understand many of your concerns, and don't see anything wrong with taking a break. None of the above mentioned issues bother me enough to stop playing at the current time, but if you feel passionately about them unsubbing for a few months is far better than being annoyed everyday and QQ'ing on the forums (not that it came across that way with this post).

Good Luck

If the game is frustrating to you and taking away from your enjoyment in its current form, by all means, take a break. Then in a couple months you can do some research and see if it is more to your liking.

I hope you don't mind if I respond to your frustrations/suggestions individually.

1. While I don't think a LFD/LFG function is necessary (based on my experiences, I don't have a problem with the developers adding one. I hope, however, that they never add a cross-server LFD function. Cross-server LFD just encourages bad behavior and ninja-looting b/c it is difficult to hold the person accountable for his/her actions.

2. Again, I personally am not a fan of cross-server queues. So I do not want to see this implemented.

3. I personally like that you are almost required to use more than a few abilities. It makes the game more fun and less redundant to me (press 1, 2, 4...then 1, 2, 4). That is personal preferance, though, but I hope it never changes.

4. I would love to see server forums added. Anything that builds community is good by me. Server forums have been a great addition to other games and I'd like to see it here.

5. Yes, maker please, give us back the search function. I don't understand how a forum can opperate successfully without one. Even the FAQ section says something about searching for previous threads on your subject before posting...I'd love to be able to search and find my answer quickly without bothering people with the same question for the 100th time, but I can't when the forums move so quickly (esp. General Chat) that relevant threads can be buried in only a few hours.

In conclusion, I understand many of your concerns, and don't see anything wrong with taking a break. None of the above mentioned issues bother me enough to stop playing at the current time, but if you feel passionately about them unsubbing for a few months is far better than being annoyed everyday and QQ'ing on the forums (not that it came across that way with this post).

Good Luck

Why not. Are the people on full servers paying more than me? If they can pvp why cant I? I want what I paid for. I paid to pvp and Im not being allowed to do it. Im not rerolling thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. In no game have I ever had to reroll just to actually play the game.

God when will they stop.....these threads are getting damm annoying now.

The moment you set foot on this forum to ask if you should keep playing is the moment you know your answer.

They should rename this section of the forum too "I love this game but...."

God when will they stop.....these threads are getting damm annoying now.

The moment you set foot on this forum to ask if you should keep playing is the moment you know your answer.

They should rename this section of the forum too "I love this game but...."

Another week or so things will slow down big time.

If people were sensible they would never play a new MMO but only play after 6 months. The amount of bug fixes, issues and extra content which normally comes out in the first 6 months is amazing. However I like most people want the new and best thing to ome out so I run at a new game and then wonder why its still buggy with some missing content.

I think you should seriously take a break from the game. I recommend going out and getting really really drunk. Just don't drive and try not to puke.

The reason I say this is because it seems like you have thought about this a bit too much. The fact that you are asking me, a total stranger what you should do with your spare time tells me this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.