Is AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI grapic card good for medium?

DarthMugetsu

Hang on, hang on.. you need to take a step back.

Computer building 101:

You CANNOT just go slapping pieces together and assume they'll all work!

You need to start by looking at your current hardware and seeing if they're compatible with new hardware. Between 2002 and 2012 there were fairly large jumps in technology. Trying to slap an AMD Phenom 3.3 chip into a motherboard that doesn't support the AM3 socket is just going to waste your money, if not damage the chip. That's $230 dollars you just wasted.

Same theory is applied to any other card you plan on adding to your computer: It's not a lego set you can just keep replacing pieces with. If you want add a new graphics card, you first have to see if your power supply has correct power to run the higher end graphics card. Also, you need to see if your motherboard supports PCI-e/PCI, or if it runs AGP (or ISA for ANCIENT computers).

All the parts on a computer are interconnected with each other. Anything you do on one will affect the rest of the machine, even down to how you install RAM. Let me put it this way: When I started to upgrade my old machine, I did the research, looked up the parts I wanted, and realized that building a new machine is what I needed. Want to upgrade the CPU? Required a new motherboard. New Motherboard/64bit processor (for 64bit OS) meant more RAM. The type of RAM was dependent on the Motherboard. you can see where I'm going with this...

Considering he already had an AM2 CPU, it would be weird if that phenom 2 wouldn't fit :p

And if the motherboard supports AM2 CPU socket, it would be very weird if it doesnt support PCI-E

Hang on, hang on.. you need to take a step back.

Computer building 101:

You CANNOT just go slapping pieces together and assume they'll all work!

You need to start by looking at your current hardware and seeing if they're compatible with new hardware. Between 2002 and 2012 there were fairly large jumps in technology. Trying to slap an AMD Phenom 3.3 chip into a motherboard that doesn't support the AM3 socket is just going to waste your money, if not damage the chip. That's $230 dollars you just wasted.

Same theory is applied to any other card you plan on adding to your computer: It's not a lego set you can just keep replacing pieces with. If you want add a new graphics card, you first have to see if your power supply has correct power to run the higher end graphics card. Also, you need to see if your motherboard supports PCI-e/PCI, or if it runs AGP (or ISA for ANCIENT computers).

All the parts on a computer are interconnected with each other. Anything you do on one will affect the rest of the machine, even down to how you install RAM. Let me put it this way: When I started to upgrade my old machine, I did the research, looked up the parts I wanted, and realized that building a new machine is what I needed. Want to upgrade the CPU? Required a new motherboard. New Motherboard/64bit processor (for 64bit OS) meant more RAM. The type of RAM was dependent on the Motherboard. you can see where I'm going with this...

It isnt really a 2002 but it is Its hard to explane Its kinda custom made buy a guy who was fixing our old pc but died most of the stuff might be new but I think he only took the hard drive and put it on my current one just what I am thinking.

Considering he already had an AM2 CPU, it would be weird if that phenom 2 wouldn't fit :p

And if the motherboard supports AM2 CPU socket, it would be very weird if it doesnt support PCI-E

You'd be surprised. lol, when rebuilding my old 2005 PC, I wanted to put a Phenom 3.4 processor in it, but even though it supported PCI-e, it's chipset was the AM2, not the AM3 which the Phenom required.

It isnt really a 2002 but it is Its hard to explane Its kinda custom made buy a guy who was fixing our old pc but died most of the stuff might be new but I think he only took the hard drive and put it on my current one just what I am thinking.

And this is why I'm saying you really need to do the research on what is inside your PC. Even if it was rebuild a year or two later, there are still huge leaps in technology. Computers are a never ending change.

However, it's your money, spending it how you wish. This is just my obnoxious need to throw my 2 cents in everywhere. lol

(I'll add that I'm a Tech/iPhone developer/programmer on the side for various other projects not related to SWTOR, just to add some credibility to what I'm saying.)

Edited by shinacarana

Complete crap, dont buy it, save a month and buy a real graphics card.

Really? I saw Youtube videos having it with skyrim and BF3 running on high/ultra settings.

What graphics card would be a good replacement then, with a 500W PSU? Or would I need to upgrade that?

Tell us what motherboard you're using. If you don't have the box lying around, you can download CPU-Z and it will tell you exactly what components you have installed.

I was wondering if a AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) DVI was good to run on medium I have a 2002 Microsoft Desktop

I just bought the Sapphire Amd Radeon HD 6570 1 gig ddr3, I have been using it for 2 days now. It Runs swtor everything highest settings except shadows off at 1440x900 resolution. Average fps while questing is around 40. In the fleet area on the outer rings I get about 30 fps. The cantina in the very center of the fleet goes down to around 17-20. I havent tried warzones yet.

Intel celeron G530

Asrock h61m-ge socket 1155 mobo

1x 4 gig Gskill ripjaws pc 12800 ram

Sapphire Amd Radeon HD 6570 1 gig ddr 3

300 gig Seagate sata harddrive

Edited by trooperrob

You'd be surprised. lol, when rebuilding my old 2005 PC, I wanted to put a Phenom 3.4 processor in it, but even though it supported PCI-e, it's chipset was the AM2, not the AM3 which the Phenom required.

And this is why I'm saying you really need to do the research on what is inside your PC. Even if it was rebuild a year or two later, there are still huge leaps in technology. Computers are a never ending change.

However, it's your money, spending it how you wish. This is just my obnoxious need to throw my 2 cents in everywhere. lol

(I'll add that I'm a Tech/iPhone developer/programmer on the side for various other projects not related to SWTOR, just to add some credibility to what I'm saying.)

Well I have two uncles who work with computers so I think when I try to install it they will tell me