Why can't I upgrade Lord Scourge's red color crystal?

Zombull

I play a light side Jedi Knight. I understand the limitation on my character using a red lightsaber. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand.

But I do not understand why I can't give Lord Scourge one. He's decidedly not light side. He has a red saber when he joins my crew. But I cannot equip him a better red saber or put a red crystal into the one he can use.

I am annoyed.

I agree with this. As a Sith Inquisitor, I am currently Dark IV and spent several hours crafting a purple quality Blue and a purple quality Green, both with +14 Crit for Ashara after buying her 2 Modifiable lightsabers from Taris commendations. I was EXTREMELY disappointed to find out that I cannot put the crystals into the lightsabers to give to my NEUTRAL (their alignments are 0!) companions. This makes absolutely no sense. I understand being restricted from EQUIPPING the lightsaber once it has the crystals in them, but why am I completely unable to socket the crystals into the lightsaber? Am I physically INCAPABLE of touching a blue crystal just because I follow the Dark Side? It makes absolutely no sense. What if I want Andronikos to use green blaster bolts? I'm not allowed to do that because my Sith Inquisitor is naughty? That makes absolutely no sense.

I believe Lord Scourge would have words with you on that topic.

It's true though. Companions follow your side.

The only way to give Lord Scourge his red crystal is by switching to Dark Side. Then switching back to Light Side.

If you have Diplomacy it's easier!

It's true though. Companions follow your side.

The only way to give Lord Scourge his red crystal is by switching to Dark Side. Then switching back to Light Side.

If you have Diplomacy it's easier!

No it's not true.

Lord Scourge is most decidedly not a light side character. He does not get redeemed by the light. He joins the Jedi Knight's crew for the sole purpose of defeating the Emperor. He will frequently say "I will always be Sith, but that does not mean we cannot work together." He does not follow my Jedi's force alignment.

I believe there are other republic side companions that are also explicitly dark side in the story.

I believe the inability to give Scourge a red crystal is an inappropriate side effect of the alignment restrictions on crystals. Note: Scourge is wielding a red light saber when he joins the crew. He can wield that light saber forever, I just can't upgrade the crystal in it because the game won't let me socket one into it.

That is broken, imo.

Not a game breaker, obviously, but I truly do hope BioWare has it on their list of things to fix.

• 1 month later...
No it's not true.

Lord Scourge is most decidedly not a light side character. He does not get redeemed by the light. He joins the Jedi Knight's crew for the sole purpose of defeating the Emperor. He will frequently say "I will always be Sith, but that does not mean we cannot work together." He does not follow my Jedi's force alignment.

I believe there are other republic side companions that are also explicitly dark side in the story.

I believe the inability to give Scourge a red crystal is an inappropriate side effect of the alignment restrictions on crystals. Note: Scourge is wielding a red light saber when he joins the crew. He can wield that light saber forever, I just can't upgrade the crystal in it because the game won't let me socket one into it.

That is broken, imo.

Not a game breaker, obviously, but I truly do hope BioWare has it on their list of things to fix.

DUDE.... even tho lord scourge is dark side. the game system has it inplented that the compaions follow your allignment. so even tho he looks dark he just cant get red light saber color (execption to his own blade) or gear that req darkside when your light side alligment. so even tho he likes killing people and hates the replublic he still is bound to your allignment

DUDE.... even tho lord scourge is dark side. the game system has it inplented that the compaions follow your allignment. so even tho he looks dark he just cant get red light saber color (execption to his own blade) or gear that req darkside when your light side alligment. so even tho he likes killing people and hates the replublic he still is bound to your allignment

DUDE...

He's saying that's more likely to be a poorly implemented alignment system than a design choice. He's obviously aware what is causing it, and frankly, your explanation does not really lend credence to the argument that it SHOULD be the way it is.

Yay! Necro-threading!

I don't think a month is necro-ing. Especially on a topic that might not get much play. I'd rather a reply to a few month old thread than a bunch of other threads on the same topic.

That being said, I hope at some point BW separates the alignment of companions from the character. I'd rather Ashara use Blue sabers but I'd also prefer to be able to give her the best upgrades I can craft.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.