Good or bad FPS with awsome video card,plz post MB chipset here.

Wardword

Hello I'm interested in a theory, I've noticed people with The same video cards getting totally opposite results, in many cases,people with 4 year old GeForce video cards a getting frame rates better than people that have brand new rigs. So I've been thinking this suggests to me that a lower end video card is more than capable of running this game.

So what could trip up a high end system is the big question here.

I'm starting to believe the culprit is the motherboard chipset.

Could people with crap frames as well as people with awsome frames please post us your video card model as well as the model number of your motherboards chipset.

Although my chipset drivers are all unto date I'm curious if all us poor buggers with great cards and systems with poor FPS are running the same chipset, and furthermore I'd like to indentify

Those chipsets that the game does agree with.

Perhaps this is the whole problem, just wanted to put that out there.

Here is the normal performance of my computer in warzones and in fleet. All options turned to high, including shadows and bloom. 1080p res.

im using:

e5620 2.4 ghz intel xeon processor quadcore overclocked to 3.6ghz

1500w silverstone power supply

evga sr2 classified mobo

12 gigs (6 sticks of 2gig) ddr3 corsair xms3 ram

windows 7 ultimate 64bit

80gig intel SSD boot drive

1tb western digital caviar blue 7400rpm hdd

evga gtx580sc factory oc 797mhz 1.5g vram

stability, temps during normal loads here.

when there are over 200 people in fleet in peek hours, my fps drop out. otherwise everywhere else including warzones i get 60 to 100fps.

60 fps locked to vsync, unless we talking warzones and fleet, then it drops to 20-30

GTX 280 OC'ed, 2.8 quad core, settings in "high" shadows of most of the times despite being able to use them easily (just that they look like legos)

Please add your mobo chipset, its what the OP is asking for

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

AMD 1090T

XFX 6850 Black Edition X2 (Crossfire)

(75-110 FPS)

1920x1080 all high settings with exception of shadows set to low. Sliders at 50%

Asus P67 Sabertooth

i5 2500k

EVGA 560ti

(75-110 FPS)

1920x1080 Same settings as above

Two completely different setups and pretty much exactly the same performance...

running on high, shadows on bloom on. 1920x1080.

Vid card: HD radeon 6950 2gb ddr5

Ram: 16gb ddr5

CHipset: MSI 870A-G54

PCU: AMD Phenom 2: 6 core

At republic feet, when theres more than 130 members while running in crowds, my fps can drop to 15 and go up to about 50 if im not near anyone.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

AMD 1090T

XFX 6850 Black Edition X2 (Crossfire)

(75-110 FPS)

1920x1080 all high settings with exception of shadows set to low. Sliders at 50%

Asus P67 Sabertooth

i5 2500k

EVGA 560ti

(75-110 FPS)

1920x1080 Same settings as above

Two completely different setups and pretty much exactly the same performance...

Does crossfire work for this game? Is it supported, would I see an improvement if i buy a second 6950?

Hello I'm interested in a theory, I've noticed people with The same video cards getting totally opposite results, in many cases,people with 4 year old GeForce video cards a getting frame rates better than people that have brand new rigs. So I've been thinking this suggests to me that a lower end video card is more than capable of running this game.

So what could trip up a high end system is the big question here.

I'm starting to believe the culprit is the motherboard chipset.

Could people with crap frames as well as people with awsome frames please post us your video card model as well as the model number of your motherboards chipset.

Although my chipset drivers are all unto date I'm curious if all us poor buggers with great cards and systems with poor FPS are running the same chipset, and furthermore I'd like to indentify

Those chipsets that the game does agree with.

Perhaps this is the whole problem, just wanted to put that out there.

Omg.

The game is not optimized for dx 11 cards thats why older cards give better performance in comparison to new gen cards.

Wow was not playing very well with 580 sli.It was playing good but not good enough for 580 sli.After they optimized their engine for dx 11 the game now plays ultra smooth with 8x antialiasing everything max.

Chipset: Z68

CPU: i7 2600

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600

GPU: GTS 250 OC

Game is smooth as silk on high settings. Might have the odd bit of chop in really intense situations but that's not unexpected with the GPU I'm running.

I just built this rig, 2 weeks ago I was using the following:

Chipset: P67

CPU: Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.00 Ghz

RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800

GPU: GTS 250 OC

Which ran the game just fine, but was a bit slow on the processor end so got a bit choppy in crowded high intensity situations. Still very playable though, nothing like what people are complaining about.

Alienware M15x

- i7 720qm PGA988 chipset

- Nvidia gt240m OC'd ~ 25% (soon to be gtx560m....i hope)

- 8gb RAM DDR3 1333

- 320gb hdd 7200 rpm

Medium settings w/ shadows off and bloom off

non crowded area ~ 35-40 fps

crowded area ~ 15-30 fps

hope this helps

Edited by petrobomb

i7-950 3.06GHz

GTX 470 1280GB

Asus Sabertooth x58

6GB RAM

Windowed fullscreen running at 100-120 fps with vsynch off in the world. Can drop to 20-30 and choppy on the fleet. Warzones are smooth. Everything set to high, shadows off out of preference. Setting shadows to high is a 5-10fps loss at most, little to no effect on the fleet. AA forced to enhance game settings 8xQ. Generally played with forced vsynch as well.

Game shows fps on the fleet to be GPU limited while nVidia Inspector shows my GPU usage to be in the 60-70% range. CPU usage seems to be split over multiple cores.

Running everything on high including shadows and bloom @ 1920x1080.

Vid card: HD radeon 5870

Ram: 18gb DDR3

MoBO: Asus sabertooth x58

CPU: Core i7 920 oc'ed to 4GHz

Boot drive/game install drive: Corsair 90gb force series 3 SATA3

I get 70-130 fps everywhere except the fleet warzones and anywhere inside where in fps drops to 20-30(but I played FFXI for near a decade so feels like home).

Now I also played in beta as a regular tester since july and I DID NOT have this issue the game ran perfect nearly everywhere 70-130 fps this issue started at least for me with the launch build(final beta build) and beyond to the actual game launch.

O and don't go playing fanboy and claiming this is a 100% driver issue since its clearly not a hardware issue at least for me. Sure there isn't any optimized drivers out for the game yet an who knows they might actual re-leave some issues. Some issue was introduced just before launch what else can it be an now like all company's do when they screw up they blame the other guy example FFXIII kills ps3's square enix blames sony, sony turns around and blames square enix. Its just what they do unfortunately we the players are biowares scapegoats us lowly 5% with low end(or not so low end) PC's.

With all that said am still gonna give the game another month or 2 to shape up before I cancel my sub. An tbh I think that's extremely generous considering I seem to be having more issues then most players my warzones don't always update when I get wins(my last weekly it took me 17 wins to get 9 of them to count and I mean wins not match's). My guild managed to finish eternity vault but low and behold more quests not updating when we complete them killed Soa only 3/8 people got credit for it(took 6 attempts to kill it damn thing was so buggy got it to 1% several times and he just disappeared). Crossing my fingers 1.1 fixes the operations and doesn't add more bugs /sigh.

Here is the normal performance of my computer in warzones and in fleet. All options turned to high, including shadows and bloom. 1080p res.

im using:

e5620 2.4 ghz intel xeon processor quadcore overclocked to 3.6ghz

1500w silverstone power supply

evga sr2 classified mobo

12 gigs (6 sticks of 2gig) ddr3 corsair xms3 ram

windows 7 ultimate 64bit

80gig intel SSD boot drive

1tb western digital caviar blue 7400rpm hdd

evga gtx580sc factory oc 797mhz 1.5g vram

stability, temps during normal loads here.

when there are over 200 people in fleet in peek hours, my fps drop out. otherwise everywhere else including warzones i get 60 to 100fps.

But still u have 50 fps in your screenshot?

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OC to 3,7 GHZ

4GB Kingmax DDR3 1600 RAM

MSI 6870 Hawk VGA

Average play around 60-100FPS on 1920x1080 averything maxxed 8xAA 16XAF

On Fleet im dropping to around 30FPS.

This is strange tho, becouse it is running around 50% cpu and 70% GPU on the fleet..

Look at screenshot:

http://heb.uw.hu/upload/tomi/gpu.jpg

Edited by Malibutomi

intel 2500k @4.6GHz

Z68 mobo

16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

ATI 5850 1GB

I run the game at 1920x1080, everything maxed. In the Catalyst drivers I've o'ced the GFX a little and maxed the mipmapping setting. Game looks great, far better than the default "high" settings. VSync is on as I hate tearing.

My framerate averages 60. Sometimes it drops as low as 50 for a second, then back up to 60.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition @ 3.4ghz (Zalman air cooler) - Gigabyte MA770-UD3 Motherboard - Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 @ 950/1150 - Soundblaster X-FI Surround 5.1 - 4GB of Transcend DDR2-800 memory - Antec TruePower New 750W PSU - 2x1TB Western Digital Caviar WD10EARX SATAIII (Raid0) - LG DVD Writer and Samsung Blu-Ray reader/writer - Hanspree HF237 23.7" Full HD (1920x1080) and Philips 200WS 20" (1680x1050) Monitors - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

60+ fps almost everywhere, 40ish on the fleet when it's crowded.

Does crossfire work for this game? Is it supported, would I see an improvement if i buy a second 6950?

Yes it works and is supported. You would see a performance gain, but whether it is a big enough gain for the cost is a matter of opinion. For me it is worth it, as the 6850 is a mediocre card on it's own, but it really shines in crossfire... Just one of those cards that works well in a pair.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.