Jedi Shadow vs Sage, anyone else leveled both past 20?

Kunra

Anyone else notice the inequities between these same/different classes?

With my Shadow, after 4-5 Specials, i'm am at 0 Force and relegated to the standard Lightsaber attack.

Sage? I can spam Force Specials one cooldown after another, haven't seen my force bar go below 75%.

How much testing was done on this game?

Anyone else notice the inequities between these same/different classes?

With my Shadow, after 4-5 Specials, i'm am at 0 Force and relegated to the standard Lightsaber attack.

Sage? I can spam Force Specials one cooldown after another, haven't seen my force bar go below 75%.

How much testing was done on this game?

One uses a rogue-style resource which is endless, the other uses mana. Derp.

One uses a rogue-style resource which is endless, the other uses mana. Derp.

Derp, my Sage can kill faster and higher level mobs then my Shadow without ever having used a Heal....Sage is the Healing Class which should be weaker..but isnt.

Are you sure your equipment is up to snuff? It isn't some kind of bug? etc

My level 32 SHadow is incapable of advancing in Story because he cannot kill Sidonie Garen on Alderon.

Tried more then a dozen times, many different combination of Specials. Upgraded gear, Weapons.

Cant get even get her below 1/2 health.

While my Sage is still 11 levels away from starting that fight? I see my Sage cakewalking it.

With my Shadow, I killed Addons then waited to die from Elite, revived, then killed Elite.

With my Sage, I killed Addons, then I killed Elite. With my Companion still alive...

Edited by Kunra

OP isn't good.

Whilst Sage/Sorc are the most OP class, Shadows/Assassin's aren't awful.

I didnt say they were Awful, was just trying to point out the inequity between them.

As far as I amr conerned, Shadows.Assassin's should be OP, because they are the :front line troops", Sage/Sorc are support Troops.

My level 32 SHadow is incapable of advancing in Story because he cannot kill Sidonie Garen on Alderon.

Tried more then a dozen times, many different combination of Specials. Upgraded gear, Weapons.

Cant get even get her below 1/2 health.

The key to that fight is interrupting her Force Quake and Self Heal while Theran heals you. Mind Snap is so important, and Force Wave is a good stand in if you can time it right. Judicious use of Force Stun and Channel the Force are also necessary.

If you can do this, it will be challenging, but beatable.

Derp, my Sage can kill faster and higher level mobs then my Shadow without ever having used a Heal....Sage is the Healing Class which should be weaker..but isnt.

Why exactly is it that you believe a caster class specced for damage should be weaker than a melee class specced for damage? That's even putting aside the entire apples-and-oranges comparison of healer playstyles and tank playstyles.

Is this the part where I throw in the "herp-a-derp-a-derpity-doo" talk and proceed to keyboard turn?

Sage isn't the "healing class". It has a healing tree, and 2 dps trees. And no, it's not supposed to be weaker - that is just your assumption. Also, stop exaggerating about other abilities, too. The Shadow basic attack isn't 2% of anything. It's there for you to weave in between your other force abilities.

This really is a L2P issue.

I had this same problem as a Shadow on that same quest. I died at least 12 times trying to do that quest. I upgraded all my gear, tried different companions and different tactics. Finally got it done, most likely through a bit of luck, using Qyzen Fess and a major heal pack that healed both of us. Interrupted her continually. And like I said, most likely had a good bit of luck.

My friend is similar level and playing a Sage. He blew through that quest without much difficulty.

The upcoming patch addresses that specific quest as being too difficult, btw, so it's not just you and it's not just me. It's an issue that caught the attention of the devs who can see aggregate numbers on how people are faring on that quest and they realized it was a bit too difficult for the level.

are you sure you are specced correctly? because my shadow definitely kills faster than my sage. my sage is skilled healer, though, with a few points into the early dps skills

have you maybe put skill tree points into the tank tree?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.