Divide "Color Crystals" into two separate categories!!!

Terin

Quite frankly, the current design feels... less than stellar. Particularly those of us who got the Pre-order Color Crystal, or even those who got the Razer Crystal, the current design renders those *COMEPLETELY* useless after about level 20, if not earlier.

My solution? Change them, along with every single Weapon in the game, to accomodate a "Power Crystal", and a "Color Crystal".

The Power Crystal would act the same as the current Color-Crystal, imbuing your weapon with additional stats. Color-Crystals, however, would control the Color, and the Color ALONE! Also, your Light and Dark requirements would then be tied to the Color-Crystal.

"What's the point of all this?"

Simple; it allows us to maintain rare and unique Colors for the entirety of the game. Instead of being forced to part with your favorite Color because it's not top-tier stats, it would be a purely aesthetic choice.

"But what about Artifice?"

Even better; they would now be able to craft *both*, Color-Crystals and Power-Crystals. Power-Crystals would still require "Color Crystal materials" to craft, mind you, so that Color-Crystals themselves aren't left useless.

Further still, remember The Force Unleashed? Instead of *just* controlling color, higher-level Color-Crystals might even control wave-length, give even more option, whether you prefer the classic look, a slow "wave" look, or even a constant-flicker.

I would even take this a step further, and introduce Artifice-only Colors. As I said above, Color-Crystals would have no bearing on stats, and would instead reward those with Artifice with an optional, unique Color for their weapons, without making others feel like they *should* take Artifice for some reason.

I agree with this as well specially like the changing of wavelengths that would rock lol.

Considering the level of player customization i have seen thus far doesn't bode well for the idea though =( seems like you play with what they make or not at all.

What I was thinking was instead of having a "Power crystal" and "color Crystal" just have a "cosmetic Slot." that does not take any kind of stat upgrades but give the blade/blaster the color that is in the cosmetic slot. If you're happy with your color, don't put one in.

What I was thinking was instead of having a "Power crystal" and "color Crystal" just have a "cosmetic Slot." that does not take any kind of stat upgrades but give the blade/blaster the color that is in the cosmetic slot. If you're happy with your color, don't put one in.

Honestly, that's basically what it would amount to. Like the current Lightsabers, you could technically just leave the Color slot empty, which would revert it to its "Default" color.

Like I said, it would just open up so much more room for customization. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Black+Color Crystals, it seems wrong that those be exclusive to low-level characters.

I actually like this idea, the rare colours would still be rare as you'd need to complete certain content to unlock them, but at the same time, you can use the stat you 'want' to use. It actually gives the devs the ability to add more recipes to Artifice as well, something I feel is a bit lacking right now.

An alternate solution, would be to make pre-order/razer color crystals come with an Augment slot in them and no stats. End game crystals (purple, magenta, white, black-red etc) are already competitive.

This would not remove the slight edge end game crystals would have (31 vs 28 excepting the magenta and operations ones which give 33) while still keeping the "freebie" from being overpowered.

It would also provide another credit sink!

Alexis

*smiles*

Edited by Caille

I'm sure they thought about this and decided against it for whatever reason. I mean, color crystals didn't have stats in KOTOR/II either. Personally, I think people should be able to have the color they want, but clearly BW doesn't agree with customization when they take away the match color to chest options and make modded gear useless for endgame.

I actually agree with this. don't make the crystals any different though, what's the point? The same crystals that go in one slot could go in another, it's just that the one in the colour-defining slot adds no stats, simple. it's a lot less work than creating an entirely new set of items and then making recipes for them and all that. Edited by SunwindIon

A much simpler solution would be to allow change of the current color crystals.

Perhaps it requires an item to do this, so that the rare drops remain rare.

However, you must understand that by adding an additional modification slot to the game, and then adding a color mechanic to it leaves Bioware with the terrible task of redoing all their user interface and coming up with the new content for it.

Swapping the color variable of a pre-existing item is so simple I could program it.

Hell could be as simple as "right click color change item -> cursor glows -> left click my color crystal(in any slot) -> stare at 3 second cast bar -> Profit

A much simpler solution would be to allow change of the current color crystals.

Perhaps it requires an item to do this, so that the rare drops remain rare.

However, you must understand that by adding an additional modification slot to the game, and then adding a color mechanic to it leaves Bioware with the terrible task of redoing all their user interface and coming up with the new content for it.

Swapping the color variable of a pre-existing item is so simple I could program it.

Hell could be as simple as "right click color change item -> cursor glows -> left click my color crystal(in any slot) -> stare at 3 second cast bar -> Profit

the way I imagine it is having a second tab at the bottom of a weapon customization window, on the extra tab is the "Cosmetic" options, and you just slot what crystal you want to show up as the colour there, and any stats on the crystal are ignored, the other tab works the same as it does now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.