People Leaving a Warzone

Otanna

Should have a PENALTY of like 2 hours before they can rejoin another pvp match..

Just came out of a match that 5 lvl 50's just upped and left because the match wasn't going there way in the 1st 2 min.. LIKE come on!!

You get something at the end. Not like you don't receive ANY rewards at the end.

No... I'll cry here.. Because its ridiculous.. How about that?

What's ridiculous is waiting 10 mins for a queue to get into a losing game with 5 minutes left.

What's ridiculous is getting kicked to login screen when you try to join a war zone.

What's ridiculous is having multiple afk people on your team with no way to kick them.

Fix that first before you cry.

It appears some people Prefer to leave if the match isn't going there way.. Or would have said otherwise... Sad.

An YEAH there are heaps of things that need to be fixed in PvP.. I agree. But this is also VERY much one of the problems.

Edited by Otanna

Your average player is a pissant and coward.

That said, yes, it'd be nice if these people were penalized in some way. So, I support this thread.

I can only imagine what real lives these people lead, where they bolt at the slightest sign of adversity.

Don't worry, with PVP being like it is people will be leaving the game soon enough.

I don't really think that would be a just reason to leave PVP is more of a mini-game, something you can do when there is nothing else the game actually has a compelling story line for each class and that alone is what is keeping me hooked in the game

Should have a PENALTY of like 2 hours before they can rejoin another pvp match..

Just came out of a match that 5 lvl 50's just upped and left because the match wasn't going there way in the 1st 2 min.. LIKE come on!!

You get something at the end. Not like you don't receive ANY rewards at the end.

Yeah um no. Because then I can't pvp for 2hrs if my ISP drops for a second or the server boots me or I CTD. Eff that, I don't need to be punished for something out of my control.

I can only imagine what real lives these people lead, where they bolt at the slightest sign of adversity.
Really? You think people treat a video game the same way they treat real life? You need to come out of your fantasy land if that's the case.

Really? You think people treat a video game the same way they treat real life? You need to come out of your fantasy land if that's the case.

Yeah well it means.. OMG i cant win im gonna go home and have a cry because we cant win.. So yeah that point IS valid. So i comes down to a persons disposition . Of which some are like jelly

Edited by Otanna

From my perspective, the very fact that they do this in a video game makes it even worse. I can only imagine what they do in real life when the stakes are probably higher.

I get it though. If one believes the stereotype about MMO players, many were probably not raised by parents that instilled in them a sportsman like ethic (though, to be fair, today's generation likely falls into this category regardless of whether they are a stereotypical 'videogamer'). Not only is quitting at the slightest sign of adversity an almost given when you meet a random strange in any given MMO, but the complete lack of a sense of sportsmanship by your average MMO player as evidenced by the actions people will almost inevitably take in a given warzone match, speaks volumes, in my eyes.

I know generalizations are not particularly helpful, but when I see the photos Bioware posts on their Facebook page that are predominantly of mid 20s to early 30s, white, overweight males, I can't help but think the things I just posted in the above paragraph, especially when 9/10 when I join someone's vent, it's the same personalities, just with different names, I listened to in all my previous vents. Obviously not everyone who plays an MMO comes from this subset of our society who never played organized sports in their life or was ever taught that quitting is bad as a child, but I suspect if we threw political correctness out the window, the percent of the playerbase who falls into this category would be surprisingly high.

I wonder if anyone would ever be able to put together a comprehensive social review of large MMO playerbases that wasn't based on a pointless user-submitted survey in which people inevitably lie through their teeth? Could be some very interesting reading.

/shrug

But, this back and forth on the internet is really stupid, so I'm going to just reiterate my support for the OP and end it at that. Maybe, by some stroke of chance, someone at Bioware will think the same when it comes to the type of player described within this thread, and we'll see changes come down the pipe. Maybe not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.