armortech or armtechs

si_mitch

hey i am just curious on your thought on which crew skill to take. I understand bio is the best then cybertech but i have a sith jggernault with bio and bounty hunter with cyber so for my sniper i was going to take one of the 2.

thanks in advance

Running an armortech trooper right now and I am severely disappointed. Armortechs cannot make armoring for modifiable armor. Honestly, this is something that I think REALLY needs to change soon because most people prefer to find a modifiable armor that looks good rather that get set-piece armor that's fuggly as they level.

The big buzz is surrounding Biochem due to the reusable stims and what-not, while every other item in the game can be gotten better from commendation vendors.

armormech can do a lot more than arms simply because you can make gear for yourself and your companion. Making weapons is usually 1 or 2 every 3 levels which is a waste imo.

I took Armstech and have been happy with it for the most part. I'd disagree with your statement in that it's easier to improve schematics when there's just a few you're focusing on rather than just having the resources to make greens for you and all your companions. I've been able to provide blue weapons to each of my companions at every level of gear since 19, and have made purple sniper rifles for myself at each of those same points.

I'd choose armortech as you can keep yourself and companions in "current" level armor (which there's a lot more armor pieces than a weapon). Also you're able to craft some Rakata pieces of gear with augment slots if your companion crits (the best pve gear).

Running an armortech trooper right now and I am severely disappointed. Armortechs cannot make armoring for modifiable armor. Honestly, this is something that I think REALLY needs to change soon because most people prefer to find a modifiable armor that looks good rather that get set-piece armor that's fuggly as they level.

The big buzz is surrounding Biochem due to the reusable stims and what-not, while every other item in the game can be gotten better from commendation vendors.

actually the lvl 48 moddable sniper rifle from Arms is better than any vendor rifle (includeing the Voss one). probably the same for the other weapons as well just haven't checked/

also between armor and arms I would choose arms for the barrels.

You can make modifiable equipment with Armstech at max level. I would honestly assume the same exist for Armor as well. I think they did it to ensure that people are actually creating the equipment to actually level up the skill and not just creating a single orange at a low level and just upgrading that weapon instead.

Because I am playing multiple toons, I took Arms for my main mostly because I knew that no one else would and to keep me and my companions always doing the most dmg possible.

I'd choose armortech as you can keep yourself and companions in "current" level armor (which there's a lot more armor pieces than a weapon). Also you're able to craft some Rakata pieces of gear with augment slots if your companion crits (the best pve gear).

Augment slots on weapons sure. On armor no... not at least that I have seen. No one has been able to produce a screen shot of any orange modifiable armor with an augment slot. Weapons on the other hand, you can.

Probably a oversight by BioWare so I am sure it will be fixed, but for the immediate future Armstech has that going for it over Armormech... that and you can make your own barrels for your orange weapons you pick up along the way so you can always keep your ranged weapons current for yourself and your companions.

Personally since I have friends doing biochem, cybertech and artificing I went with armstech.

I am a lvl 36 sniper about 320 skill armstech.

You guys are talking about the inability to find orange guns, but you do realize that an orange gun is just a holder for mods/barrels etc right?

I have been using the same gun for about 15 levels becuase I like the Look.

Now as far as armstech goes, I can make purple barrels for myself and Kaliyo which I like, but most of the other stuff is sorta take it or leave it.

I dont think it is worth crafting the purple guns, becuase it is much easier to learn the purple barrels every few levels.

My personal view towards doing armstech is that I am a Sniper, Pure DPS, and my job is to keep my gun doing as much damage as possible.

That being said, I took Armstech and upgrade my Barrels every two levels to keep my damage capped.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.