If you could have one race added to the game what would it be?

Rabidlatrooper

Hey folks, was talking with some guildies about the whole legacy thing and heard a rumor that there would be different species avaible to the game. Now my question to the community is this, if you could have one species that is already in the Star Wars Universe added to the game what would it be?

I personally would choose the Fish-like Selkath. After going there in Manann in Kotor 1 I loved them and though it would be interesting to play them. The issue for my choice however is head designs, and feet designs for armor.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wookie.....

Just kidding because we'd never see anyone playing a non-wookie again: Mon Calamari.

Because I want something different dammit.

I really hope they just start adding races up the nines in the future, screw doing it like the other MMO's: how about make the race choice massive, the variation it would create would be incredible.

Mandalorian.

The game as it stands makes them sound like a Foreign Legion

Mercenary Group led by a warlord. Even KOTOR made it clear

they were also a blood species as well. Adding Mandalore as a

game world and Basilisk Droids as mounts would be an awesome

touch.

But thats me being selfish lol

Short list... all species and races already in the game as NPCs.

Especially the companion ones. I'm not a fan of the idea but go

ahead and add droids too. If one of the Mandalorian high ups is

a Droidinator, might as well let a player assume the part too as

one lol

~Izzy :)

*edit* As a Mandalorian you could choose being with the Sith as a Merc,

or with the Death Watch or Journeymen.

Edited by xXIzazelXx

Mandalorian.

The game as it stands makes them sound like a Foreign Legion

Mercenary Group led by a warlord. Even KOTOR made it clear

they were also a blood species as well. Adding Mandalore as a

game world and Basilisk Droids as mounts would be an awesome

touch.

But thats me being selfish lol

Short list... all species and races already in the game as NPCs.

Especially the companion ones. I'm not a fan of the idea but go

ahead and add droids too. If one of the Mandalorian high ups is

a Droidinator, might as well let a player assume the part too as

one lol

~Izzy :)

You mean the Taung? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taung

Yeah, they went extinct sadly, so no go there...:(

I would love to play a Trandoshan like in SWG, but I doubt Bioware would make them a playable species. My "true" request would be for Kaleesh.

I think the biggest thing about races (and why I can at least partially excuse them for their kind of pathetic list of available races at this point) is that they *have to* be able to speak unbroken galactic basic because of the voice acting. This means no Wookies because they physically cannot speak galactic basic. This means most of the other slightly more alien races are out because their galactic basic is so broken (if they can speak it) that it would just be jarring to have them speaking like the other races do. There are some races, however, that would make sense for them to add...my personal choice would be either Mon Cal (not sure if their galactic basic is clear enough though) or Bothans

I think the biggest thing about races (and why I can at least partially excuse them for their kind of pathetic list of available races at this point) is that they *have to* be able to speak unbroken galactic basic because of the voice acting. This means no Wookies because they physically cannot speak galactic basic. This means most of the other slightly more alien races are out because their galactic basic is so broken (if they can speak it) that it would just be jarring to have them speaking like the other races do. There are some races, however, that would make sense for them to add...my personal choice would be either Mon Cal (not sure if their galactic basic is clear enough though) or Bothans

But everyone seems able to understand them in the films and previous games...

It would be so easy too, you could just have the dialogue typed and the wookie just has a few noises and movements it makes....

Edited by Kunitsukami

They can have droids that translate for them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.