How To Win Every Fight

Accession

Get 2 tanks, place them in a party, stir in 2 healers, Guard them gently, pwn to perfection.

Seriously, Guard absolutely breaks the healing game in Warzones. If there are 2 or 3 competent healers being Guarded, you CAN NOT kill them. This has to be addressed.

Get 2 tanks, place them in a party, stir in 2 healers, Guard them gently, pwn to perfection.

Seriously, Guard absolutely breaks the healing game in Warzones. If there are 2 or 3 competent healers being Guarded, you CAN NOT kill them. This has to be addressed.

This is actually true.

Guard is too effective. 50% is too much. It isn't bad with one tank and 1 healer but when you get more than that it literally becomes gamebreaking because of the way resources work in this game.

2 tanks/2 healers is great for defending voidstar doors, or ball running, but if they actually have to kill anything and the other team has any healers you're basically screwed.

My favorite comp to Q with is one really good healer(myself ofc), one tank, and 2 beast dps

Ever considered splitting the DPS in the Warzone? Put one guy interrupting, messing with the healer - then a couple of guys go pound his tank. The damage the tank will be getting, while his healer is being damage/interrupted should result in a very dead tank, pretty fast.

the damage isn't mitigated, the tanks are still taking heavy damage even while you are draining away the healers.

the burst end-game is ridiculous for DPS, in fact, I think healers have the uphill battle, guard is fine.

Mercs can get over 40% DR, if that isn't mitigation then I don't know what is.

A good powertech/merc combo can win matches all by themselves.

Edited by Krytycal

2 tanks/2 healers is great for defending voidstar doors, or ball running, but if they actually have to kill anything and the other team has any healers you're basically screwed.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about really. But when you consider ever single WZ involves a holding mechanic the combination is a littel bit over the top.

There really is no way to deal with it. People who are saying otherwise don't have experience facing a competent 2 healer 2 tank 4some. There just really is no way except maybe if you have 2 ops who can coordinate a gank on a tank and kill the tank within 1-2 seconds.

So 25% of their team is doing no damage and 25% is doing moderate damage.

They stay alive, how effective are they at doing anything else?

Congrats, they stay alive, so you can't take anything. Great job!

Tanks do enough damage to make them at least somewhat of a threat. 50% is a HUGE nerf to incoming damage.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about really. But when you consider ever single WZ involves a holding mechanic the combination is a littel bit over the top.

There really is no way to deal with it. People who are saying otherwise don't have experience facing a competent 2 healer 2 tank 4some. There just really is no way except maybe if you have 2 ops who can coordinate a gank on a tank and kill the tank within 1-2 seconds.

You just wreck one healer at a time. Even with guard you'll force the healer away from the tank, which reduces the guard to 5% DR for that healer. Once the healers are dead the tanks are manageable.

You just wreck one healer at a time. Even with guard you'll force the healer away from the tank, which reduces the guard to 5% DR for that healer. Once the healers are dead the tanks are manageable.

You realize that there's taunts? 30% less damage.

I don't think you guys actually realize how much a tank actually protects. A good one constantly taunting and guarding can protect up to 150-200k in a single game. That's a whole person worth of damage in some cases.

You realize that there's taunts? 30% less damage.

I don't think you guys actually realize how much a tank actually protects. A good one constantly taunting and guarding can protect up to 150-200k in a single game. That's a whole person worth of damage in some cases.

Taunt does nothing when u focus a tank. A tank cant protect himself when hes stunned (no block/deflect). Hell, 3 classes bypass armor and his shield gen offhand. All you need is someone who knows how to interrupt a healer, and classes that AREN'T melee that blow up that tank.

As a tank, I can interrupt a healer for a solid 6 casts in a row.

Taunt does nothing when u focus a tank. A tank cant protect himself when hes stunned (no block/deflect). Hell, 3 classes bypass armor and his shield gen offhand. All you need is someone who knows how to interrupt a healer, and classes that AREN'T melee that blow up that tank.

As a tank, I can interrupt a healer for a solid 6 casts in a row.

This wouldn't work with me. You wouldn't be able to lock me down as a healer without killing me, thus you'd never kill my tank. The only way people beat us is by killing me, then the dps, tank, etc

And while tank taunt is strong, it only does so much. If the healer stays within range of the tank taunt/guard he'll get wrecked if he's focused down well. As a healer my only real way of survival is to LoS(since taking damage even with guard will just burn down my tank eventually).

Edited by Jooji

people are also forgetting aoes, just aoe once and that taunts gone, since the tank is right next to the healer(dont quote me on that, not 100% sure). They're making taunts more flashy, so u know when a tank taunts, and when ur taunted. Edited by Erseneos

Just separate the healer from the tank. Use a pull or something to drag the healer as far away as possible. After the 15 meter mark, the guard will be nullified and you can destroy them. Especially if you CC the tank so they can't get back in range too quickly while the healer desperately scrambles to get close again.

Or pull the tank. Either one works fine really, though I like to suck the squishies back behind our lines.

Yeah - current state of interrupts makes this far less effective than you imply :)

Just to explain:

• Free ability, no energy cost
  • 8-12 second cooldown
  • No resolve granted, no diminishing returns
  • 4 second lockout of ability interrupted

The sooner pugs learn how OP interrupts are, the sooner we can get them balanced into something non-ridiculous.

2 dps interrupting a healer (for free) and spending all their energy elsewhere to kill tanks, or kill the healers themselves, whatever - you can lock a healer out of their prime cast-time heal ability indefinitely, by spending 2 GCDs every 8 seconds - no energy cost.

They're not even melee range.

1 healer + 3 DPS will defeat this trivially.

2 DPS on 1 healer, 1 DPS on the other healer.

There is absolutely no way 2 healer (both of them pressured) + 2 tank can do enough DPS to pressure your 1 healer. It'd take you a long time before an opening develops but it will happen eventually, since the tanks eventually need to be healed too. If the healers heal the tank instead of themselves you finish the healer, and if they healed themselves instead of the tank, kill the tank.

Guard seems uber but it doesn't change the fact that attacking healers first is still the correct strategy. Guard means it'd be bad idea to put say all your DPS on exactly one healer, because you can no longer burst down the healer if he's guarded and if they've a different healer that's not pressured, he'll easily keep up with whatever damage you're doing. Rather, you still need a DPS pressuring each person that is likely to heal, and rest focus on a single healer, and all your DPS needs to watch for when a character gets into execute range and finish him off when it happens.

Another key to defeating healers is that you should only interrupt their big heals. The weak heals you should let them cast through, because you can either DPS them through the weak heals, or if it's a fast heal that's potent, it'd be too resource intensive for them to keep it up for long. All the healers have only one big, cost effective heal that's either long casting or on a CD. If you interrupt that, you'll come out ahead even if they get their weaker heals off.

Edited by Astarica

1 healer + 3 DPS will defeat this trivially.

2 DPS on 1 healer, 1 DPS on the other healer.

There is absolutely no way 2 healer (both of them pressured) + 2 tank can do enough DPS to pressure your 1 healer. It'd take you a long time before an opening develops but it will happen eventually, since the tanks eventually need to be healed too. If the healers heal the tank instead of themselves you finish the healer, and if they healed themselves instead of the tank, kill the tank.

Guard seems uber but it doesn't change the fact that attacking healers first is still the correct strategy. Guard means it'd be bad idea to put say all your DPS on exactly one healer, because you can no longer burst down the healer if he's guarded and if they've a different healer that's not pressured, he'll easily keep up with whatever damage you're doing. Rather, you still need a DPS pressuring each person that is likely to heal, and rest focus on a single healer, and all your DPS needs to watch for when a character gets into execute range and finish him off when it happens.

Except that a good amount of time the DPS will be doing roughly 85% less damage to the healers. Not to mention healers having major damage reducing CDs (Bounty Hunters).

I don't understand why you have 2 tanks in that group.

Guard is in no way required to break healing in this game. Just have 4 healers. Far more unstoppable.

1 healer + 3 DPS defeats 4 healers too. It just might take a very long time, but 4 healers sure isn't going to kill any of those 3 DPS.

Except that a good amount of time the DPS will be doing roughly 85% less damage to the healers. Not to mention healers having major damage reducing CDs (Bounty Hunters).

The guarded damage doesn't disappear into thin air. Let's say you would have hit the healer for 1000, he's guarded and apply 5% damage reduction, so you hit healer for 475 and tank for 475. Defensive cooldowns are meaningless because there's nothing stopping the healers from using them at any given time whether he's guarded or not. If you have 2 identical DPS on one healer, then the tank is taking 950 and so is the healer, which is nearly the same as a 1 on 1 situation of DPS versus healer, and a DPS can certainly put a lot of pressure on a healer in a 1 on 1 situation. But more importantly, because you're talking about team fights, this means it's possible to receive multiple CC/executes at the same time. That is, if the healer or the tank dips into 30%, it is entirely possible all 3 DPS execute that guy at the same time, and 3 executes will easily overpower a Guard + Heal since execute can usually overpower heal by itself (which is why good healers will never let you get them to execute range).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.