When are the social armor going to be heavy and intermidiary ?

Uludelu

The title say it all,

The marchands propose social armor even the collector marchand propose a nice imperial armor but i'm a Bounty Hunter and i wear Heavy armor.

So I can't wear the imp or tusken armor cause they are light !!!

Even my compagnons can't wear them cause them and i loose to much armor !

Please could a moderator or dev do something or say something about that ?

Paying 150€ to get some more stuff but *** if we can't wear it ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if i am wrong but can you not actually wear the armor even though it is light. Also did the DEV's not state in the first week of the game that they were going to add heavy armor sets and were working on doing just that

you can wear it, but it makes questing harder because you get hit harder, because of the aspect of it being light armor.

Edited by ThePersianGamer

correct me if i am wrong but can you not actually wear the armor even though it is light. Also did the DEV's not state in the first week of the game that they were going to add heavy armor sets and were working on doing just that

Show me your source with a link !

I bump this thread cause no moderator came here to say we bump this to people in concern or something else but the moderator give you warnings even there's no search button or u can't find your threads you've made when clicking on your stat !!!

No it's better to create thousand and thousand posts !!!

They are making the social armour light so that EVERYONE can use it.

sure, you loose a bit of armour (well alot, but still) but you can still use it.

if they make it heavy armour or even medium they are cutting off a LARGE part of the customers.

also, its SOCIAL armour, its meant to be used in social concepts, like roleplaying and such.

youre NOT supposed to run around in something that looks like a slave girl outfit (or imperial uniform) and have the benefits of heavy armour.

You should look at social armour more like clothing. In fact i propose that they change the name to social clothing instead.

sure, you loose a bit of armour (well alot, but still) but you can still use it.

if they make it heavy armour or even medium they are cutting off a LARGE part of the customers.

also, its SOCIAL armour, its meant to be used in social concepts, like roleplaying and such.

youre NOT supposed to run around in something that looks like a slave girl outfit (or imperial uniform) and have the benefits of heavy armour.

You should look at social armour more like clothing. In fact i propose that they change the name to social clothing instead.

You have a valid point... In fact I think that the only reason it's actually moddable is so that you're not completely worthless if jumped on whilst wearing it, say in an RP event (superb for RPPvP servers).

However I can understand players wanting to be able to use their favorite-looking items for all the content... Customization is never a bad thing! Hopefully a good solution will be found :cool:

Actually, just to prove a point here, my bountyhunter is currently using medium chest armour with little to no problems when fighting mobs and doing missions.

I think its mostly the min-maxers that whine about social armour not being "heavy" and such.

Most others realise that if you want to run around in "clothes" you have to take the penalty of not having armour.

Changing them all to light, at the last minute, was THE laziest method of making them accessible.

They could have aped WoW's heirloom item method, of adjusting an item's armor type based on the wearers highest armor proficiency (i.e. A warrior can buy a plate piece, and when he equips it, it is considered mail, until he get's the plate armor prof.).

Also WRONG, it's not social armor for social settings, it it were, it wouldn't be moddable up to level fifty-usable. It's a reward for being social, and partying up. In other words, it's armor gained through social means, not armor gained for social means.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

This is silly indeed, and could easily be fixed by making them automaticly change to the highest armor type the one using it could wear.

Especially now that they are gonna allow us to remove armorings from epic items this is a MUST, whats the point of allowing that if theres nothing to put it in atm.

Atm this is only viable to sorcs, which is unfair, and absolutely avoidableable...

I want to wear tusken armor ffs :/

Changing them all to light, at the last minute, was THE laziest method of making them accessible.

They could have aped WoW's heirloom item method, of adjusting an item's armor type based on the wearers highest armor proficiency (i.e. A warrior can buy a plate piece, and when he equips it, it is considered mail, until he get's the plate armor prof.).

Also WRONG, it's not social armor for social settings, it it were, it wouldn't be moddable up to level fifty-usable. It's a reward for being social, and partying up. In other words, it's armor gained through social means, not armor gained for social means.

I applaud your post, for you pointing out that on these forums, I keep seeing repeatedly "This was a last minute change in beta before release".

Hey, Bioware. Bait and switch much? All those web sites praising your game just before release and then you change the rules/features. Shame you all to that "red underworld place".

I want functional social armors for the sake of variety, I am tired of my character's hooded bath robe.

Being able to get a space suit from running space missions is great.

Not wanting to wear it because my BH doesn't want to run around in light armor is not so great.

They should either introduce medium and heavy social armors, or introduce medium and heavy versions of at least some existing armor, even if it is just a different color.

A heavy slave outfit might not make much sense, but a heavy CorSec suit or space suit make perfect sense.

Right... if they make them scale to your proficiency, im definately going to run around as a heavy BH powertech in slave girl outfit just to annoy people...

it would look completely dumb... and it defeats the purpose of even having armour classes.

might as well make all armour heavy then...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.