Healers and laziness

GalenDurron

I've been playing on a Sage alt that's spec-ed for healing and I've noticed something, people are REALLY lazy when they have a healer in the group. It's almost like they forget they have a self-regeneration ability. I was in 1 group today (3 person group, 1 companion) and I kept them alive through some really tough fights, I'm almost all tapped out of Force, and they would rather wait for me to meditate to heal myself and regain Force, then heal them both up to full and then heal the companion up, and THEN meditate again to regain Force. And this has been a regular occurance for me (and come to think of it, when I'm tanking on my main I tend to have to remind people to "use your regen guys" or they will go into fights with literally half health.)

People, healers are not an excuse to forgoe your own regen abilities. Inbetween fights, show your healer some respect for keeping you all alive, regen yourself while they regen. Besides, it saves time.

Edited by GalenDurron

Here is a dirty trick that works--after a few pulls. Inform them that you are NOT healing spec, but will have no problem keeping them alive, they just have to chill between pulls. I've found that after that, every time I mediate, they do to. Folks stop breaking CC, play smarter, etc... Edited by Zhit

...people actually do this? I always use my out of combat heal when I need to even if a healer is tossing out heals while Im doing so. Just makes everything progress faster. It boggles me that people would willingly slow everything down because they dont want to press one button.

I don't think they do it on purpose, it's hard for some to withdraw bad habits taken in previous MMO.

Now I have never seen this problem, and many other bad behaviours reported in similar threads.

One advantage of being on a RP server I guess.

I don't think they do it on purpose, it's hard for some to withdraw bad habits taken in previous MMO.

Now I have never seen this problem, and many other bad behaviours reported in similar threads.

One advantage of being on a RP server I guess.

The sad thing is, I'm on an RP server (though frankly I think many people didn't even know they rolled on an RP server, hence the multitudes of rediculous names I see on a regular basis).

Edited by GalenDurron

I've been playing on a Sage alt that's spec-ed for healing and I've noticed something, people are REALLY lazy when they have a healer in the group. It's almost like they forget they have a self-regeneration ability. I was in 1 group today (3 person group, 1 companion) and I kept them alive through some really tough fights, I'm almost all tapped out of Force, and they would rather wait for me to meditate to heal myself and regain Force, then heal them both up to full and then heal the companion up, and THEN meditate again to regain Force. And this has been a regular occurance for me (and come to think of it, when I'm tanking on my main I tend to have to remind people to "use your regen guys" or they will go into fights with literally half health.)

People, healers are not an excuse to forgoe your own regen abilities. Inbetween fights, show your healer some respect for keeping you all alive, regen yourself while they regen. Besides, it saves time.

First time playing a healer?

From a different perspective, while I have played primarily healers in other games, here I only have a tank juggernaut. I rarely have had to use my self regen and my healers have been awesome and we have flown through combat to the point where I feel I can't leap into the next combat fast enough. I'm 32 now. If I was stressing my healers I appologize I never heard anything from the healers so I never considered it an issue. They have kept the group topped off that I never though to specifically wait for them to have to regen.

I will take this I to consideration and try to be more cogniscant of this possibility

Many players either forgot or never knew how to really play an mmo. We used to take our time and think through our encounters, weather it was PvP or PvE but now we seem to just want to run everywhere. Sprint through the instance, race to the level cap, mow through a battle. I don't know when or why but OUR attitudes have changed. Well the community has changed, whatever the case, no one takes time anymore in any mmo for anything. imo

Dont heal them after a fight and warn them to regen or they may die...

dont even need to warn them.

Just sit down do your regen dance and then just say. "Ready when you are"

First person to comment they need to heal then remind them about there ablity and how they should use it when your resting.

Most will get the idea and the ones that dont will learn when they get whipped by the the alpha strike on the next fight.

Just say "Oh you should have resetted when I did it is not smart to start a fight at half health."

Like with loot rules (need/greed/companion blabla) this is also a thing to keep in mind to mention before starting a group.

Simply stating at the beginning of a grouping adventure "Please remember to use your own regen in between fights" may just help.

Personally I don't have a healer-spec'd anything, but I do make sure to heal up in between fights, and can definitely see the aggravation that comes with it. Take care of your healer please! ;p

Like with loot rules (need/greed/companion blabla) this is also a thing to keep in mind to mention before starting a group.

Simply stating at the beginning of a grouping adventure "Please remember to use your own regen in between fights" may just help.

Personally I don't have a healer-spec'd anything, but I do make sure to heal up in between fights, and can definitely see the aggravation that comes with it. Take care of your healer please! ;p

It really shouldn't even need to be stated. It's an ability you've had since level 1 and used countless times, it should be second nature to just use it after any fight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.