Purple Biochem items

Ke-il

I just have a quick question. I would like to know the reasoning behind this!

Some of, if not all the Purple items you craft in biochem, are only usable by players who are the required Biochem lvl for that time.

Meaning, if i wanted to play another character i have to get biochem to use it. same with if i sell it.

Problems is, i won't get to sell it, because the other players that do have biochem will be able to craft this same thing, if they haven't already, meaing it's only usefull for me, meaning WTH is the resell value of this... other than nothing.

The odd few who don't craft any purple items in biochem wil be the only ones buying it, although the chaces are slim as it won't be cheap because of the difficulty in creating some of the times.

So again, what is the reasoning behing restricting purple biochem items to only biochem users. *if the reason is so that not everyones has the purple itmes.. then.. it is stupid*

I understand the problem. But please note most Biochem blues are better effectively then purples. The purple is most cases is just a reusable version of the green.

I think the issue really is with the stims I hear some of the level 50 end game purples are more effective as the blues. They should bring them back down to the level of the greens and just make them reusable like the other items in Biochem.

Well, for one, if you could sell the purple ones, then the effective market of stims/medpacks would die almost instantly as everyone would just buy their one purples of whatever they needed and be done with it.

Also, I dunno if it remains true at higher levels of biochem, but besides being reusable, the purples were only as good as the greens. The blues were superior because they healed you and gave you a nice HoT too.

Some of, if not all the Purple items you craft in biochem, are only usable by players who are the required Biochem lvl for that time.

Meaning, if i wanted to play another character i have to get biochem to use it. same with if i sell it.

Problems is, i won't get to sell it, because the other players that do have biochem will be able to craft this same thing, if they haven't already, meaing it's only usefull for me, meaning WTH is the resell value of this... other than nothing.

The odd few who don't craft any purple items in biochem wil be the only ones buying it, although the chaces are slim as it won't be cheap because of the difficulty in creating some of the times.

So again, what is the reasoning behing restricting purple biochem items to only biochem users. *if the reason is so that not everyones has the purple itmes.. then.. it is stupid*

Do you want to know the honest answer?

Because Bioware is a rookie MMO developer, and Crew Skills are completely illogical and broken.

I dare anyone to defend them in this instance.

Good question.Your talking about the purple med items right.I wanted to make some for my other chrs but they can't use them.It doesn't make any sense.

As said the level 50 purple Biochem BoP items are all reusable and are all stronger than other consumables available in game. Its really the reusability that makes them OP though. You can make "Stims" that are almost as good as the purples and last 2 hours and persist through death but you need a level 50 HM endboss drop to craft each one. The amount of time involved in getting the materials to do that compared to everyone having a permanent reusable one is insane.

Ditto with the medpacks and adrenals. Adrenals are hard to make and are 1 time use if they are not the BoP purples but add huge burst when you need it. Medpacks are pretty much required for HM and NM so if you're not a Biochem be prepared to be buying hundreds of medpacks and if you want the good ones they're crafted only.

Biochem is the best money profession in the game imo not because of the money you make but because of the millions upon millions of credits you never spend.

Edited by Lightmgl

I seriously don't want to run Biochem again, with my next character. And coughing out thousands of credits for stims and med packs isn't that nice. It's not like those chemicals are easy to get either. Some take up to and over an hour to complete for s chemical that is only enough to make about one or two items.

This is why i want the reusable one.

Oh, yeah i just spotted that rakatta one... pretty op. agreed!

OH I FORGOT!:

To show the amount of money it costs to make the items in the first place.

You have jerks that sell grade 1 chemicals for 60k for only 10. while 5xgrade 5 chemicals are around 267k.

The market is littered with people over charging items.

Edited by Ke-il

Because Bioware is a rookie MMO developer, and Crew Skills are completely illogical and broken.

I'm not an experienced enough player to write in blue, but that seems silly. All of the craft skills have bind on pickup endgame items of one variety, or another. I think this is a nice reward for getting to 400.

The purple biochem items is a biochem perk...

You sell the blue biochem craftables.. the free reusable med packs is just a perk for your trouble leveling biochem.

Even WOW had this mechanic. Some craftable epic items are bind on pickup.

I dont see anything new here nor do i see anything rookie about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.