Feel the need to do this...

Staavis_SC

I wanted to post this in hopes the Devs would see this, and possible feel like the whole of the forums isn't against them.

I am very much enjoying this game. My girlfriend is very much enjying this game as well.

We have not had this much fun in an MMO since our early days playing WoW. We've played several MMOs together. WoW, Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, etc.

But this one, for some reason, has us more interested in gaming than we have been for a very long time.

Now, I'm not just going to sit here and blow sunshine...I recognize that some people are having technical issues. I realize there are bugs. And there are some features and design choices which I wish were different. There are some things I even find downright frustrating, such as Jedi Knights in their current condition. But, even though I am frustrated, I have faith that things will change, evolve and get better in the long run.

But that being said, we are having a ball. I count myself lucky that I haven't experienced the technical issues others have. Having been through the launch of Age of Conan and Warhammer Online, as well as beta tester for Star Trek Online, in my own personal experience, this is the most polished and trouble free launch I have been a part of.

Once again, I recognize this isn't the story for everyone, but it certainly is my own story.

I want to thank the Developers for this really fun game on behalf of myself and my girlfriend. We truly are enjoying ourselves, and look forward to continuing to do so in the future. Keep up the good work, keep the fixes coming, and we'll keep playing. :)

Ok, now I'm gonna go put on my asbestos lined underpants for the inevitable flaming that will occur due to my enjoyment of the game.

To everyone else, enjoy your time in game, and May the Force be with you!

;)

I concur great positive post!

I'm having fun as well. All the AC's are fun in their own way and the story and immersion is nice.

The downside to me is that it just feels too much like WOW with the SW brand. The Talent tree choices are where WOW was pre-catalcysm and I don't like the fact that you don't feel a certain spec until deep within the talent trees. We have 3 trees per AC and right now no matter what tree I choose there doesn't seem to be anything different. As an IA sniper I don't feel how the engineer tree is any different than the marksmanship/leathality.

the PVP complaints are the same as WAR. Too much CC/roots/snares. huttball is interesting but without a organized group, it's mainly a Free for all to get kills etc.

That and like any new mmo these days to allow for a dual spec of some sort so we can experience more to our AC rather than making 48 (48??!?!?) characters to play as that spec.

But these annoyances don't have me crying 'I'm cancelling'. I will wait it out for another few months.

My fear is that those that have played WOW are in for nothing really new in Raid/Operation mechanics. It's been done before, but with a new skin.

I concur great positive post!

I'm having fun as well. All the AC's are fun in their own way and the story and immersion is nice.

The downside to me is that it just feels too much like WOW with the SW brand. The Talent tree choices are where WOW was pre-catalcysm and I don't like the fact that you don't feel a certain spec until deep within the talent trees. We have 3 trees per AC and right now no matter what tree I choose there doesn't seem to be anything different. As an IA sniper I don't feel how the engineer tree is any different than the marksmanship/leathality.

the PVP complaints are the same as WAR. Too much CC/roots/snares. huttball is interesting but without a organized group, it's mainly a Free for all to get kills etc.

That and like any new mmo these days to allow for a dual spec of some sort so we can experience more to our AC rather than making 48 (48??!?!?) characters to play as that spec.

But these annoyances don't have me crying 'I'm cancelling'. I will wait it out for another few months.

My fear is that those that have played WOW are in for nothing really new in Raid/Operation mechanics. It's been done before, but with a new skin.

First off, thanks.

Secondly, I can see your point. I would agree, there isn't much innovative in SWTOR, except the cutscenes and the voicework. Maybe that's one of the things that is keeping the girlfriend and I so enthralled. We both are avid readers, and our journey through SWTOR feels very much like an interactive book.

Ultimately, I hope people won't be turned off by the game's current deficiencies and will give it a chance to grow and mature. Much like a fine Scotch, it needs time to age and get that definitive flavor about it.

Now, that being said, opinions can turn in a heartbeat, and favor can quickly turn to opposition. Trust me, after seeing and experiencing what happened with STO, the Devs hopefully learned some things from that debacle. Most players will be willing to give Bioware some time and understanding in order to provide the fixes and polish needed. But...if they make promises and fail to deliver, and this game remains flawed and buggy a year from now, you can expect that it's not going to go over well with the more moderate players like myself, and the tides will turn.

For now though, I'm enjoying the ride, and will continue to do so, as long as Bioware holds up their end of the deal, continuing to work hard at making this the best game they can.

Staavis.... I love your signature. Great post though :) So much negative on these forums it makes one think no one is here enjoying the game. So this is a nice breath of fresh air. I'm a 25 BH and so far am enjoying the game quite a bit. I also haven't had any huge problems or anything so am fortunate and do sympathize with those having problems too. It's just a matter of being patient as things will get fixed in good time.

Staavis.... I love your signature. Great post though :) So much negative on these forums it makes one think no one is here enjoying the game. So this is a nice breath of fresh air. I'm a 25 BH and so far am enjoying the game quite a bit. I also haven't had any huge problems or anything so am fortunate and do sympathize with those having problems too. It's just a matter of being patient as things will get fixed in good time.

Oh yeah, these forums are bringing a new level of hate and toxicity that I've not seen on MMO forums before.

At least in such a short time after launch.

There was a time when the AoC forums were pretty bad, but until these boards, I had never seen anyone openly swear at the Devs in thread titles before.

Kinda boggles the mind, but also makes me sad for the future, because these are the things new players will see when they come to check out the game.

I can understand people being upset, and expressing that anger. But for the most part, we're all grown ups here. Tone it down! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, these forums are bringing a new level of hate and toxicity that I've not seen on MMO forums before.

At least in such a short time after launch.

There was a time when the AoC forums were pretty bad, but until these boards, I had never seen anyone openly swear at the Devs in thread titles before.

Kinda boggles the mind, but also makes me sad for the future, because these are the things new players will see when they come to check out the game.

I can understand people being upset, and expressing that anger. But for the most part, we're all grown ups here. Tone it down! :rolleyes:

I dont get why everyone has such a hard time comprehending that people are mad because they spent their hard earned money on a product that isn't anywhere near finished.

Sure you may be able to tolerate it, but not everyone has low standards.

I dont get why everyone has such a hard time comprehending that people are mad because they spent their hard earned money on a product that isn't anywhere near finished.

And....there...it....is.

Didn't even get off Page 1 before the flames begin.

So glad I put on the asbestos lined underpants. :cool:

I wanted to post this in hopes the Devs would see this, and possible feel like the whole of the forums isn't against them.

I am very much enjoying this game. My girlfriend is very much enjying this game as well.

We have not had this much fun in an MMO since our early days playing WoW. We've played several MMOs together. WoW, Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, Champions Online, etc.

But this one, for some reason, has us more interested in gaming than we have been for a very long time.

Now, I'm not just going to sit here and blow sunshine...I recognize that some people are having technical issues. I realize there are bugs. And there are some features and design choices which I wish were different. There are some things I even find downright frustrating, such as Jedi Knights in their current condition. But, even though I am frustrated, I have faith that things will change, evolve and get better in the long run.

But that being said, we are having a ball. I count myself lucky that I haven't experienced the technical issues others have. Having been through the launch of Age of Conan and Warhammer Online, as well as beta tester for Star Trek Online, in my own personal experience, this is the most polished and trouble free launch I have been a part of.

Once again, I recognize this isn't the story for everyone, but it certainly is my own story.

I want to thank the Developers for this really fun game on behalf of myself and my girlfriend. We truly are enjoying ourselves, and look forward to continuing to do so in the future. Keep up the good work, keep the fixes coming, and we'll keep playing. :)

Ok, now I'm gonna go put on my asbestos lined underpants for the inevitable flaming that will occur due to my enjoyment of the game.

;)

Quote for truth. ALL of it. My roommate and I have been having a blast leveling together from 1-50. We're 48 now and ALMOST THERE!!!! Once we are done, we're going to go back and do it again with another duo of characters, for sure. After that, another. And another. Between leveling new characters we'll be working on end game content and PvP and just having a complete BLAST. Thank you OP for saying something positive for a change, and thank you Bioware for making the most entertaining MMO I have played since I started playing vanilla WoW two weeks after it launched.

Edited by photometrik

Quote for truth. ALL of it. My roommate and I have been having a blast leveling together from 1-50. We're 48 now and ALMOST THERE!!!! Once we are done, we're going to go back and do it again with another duo of characters, for sure. After that, another. And another. Between leveling new characters we'll be working on end game content and PvP and just having a complete BLAST. Thank you OP for saying something positive for a change, and thank you Bioware for making the most entertaining MMO I have played since I started playing vanilla WoW two weeks after it launched.

Excellent response :) I wish I had someone to level with though.. Doing it all alone is a little boring at times, lol.

1. Because people do nothing but bit***** and moan about the same nonsense dribble that the devs know about and yet folks still find the time out of the oh so busy lives to *gasp* bit** and moan about it and think they get sympathy. Here a video that completes that statement right

2. If only I had enough pails and shovels so that people who complain can get the sand out of their vajayjay, I think that would help you all who have nothing better to do than make post after post about why you are leaving.

3. It is high time we promote a stronger community rather than focusing on naysayers. I for one can't wait to see all the people who say they are going to quit after the 20th - still sit and game and rabble rabble rabble on their soap box.

4. Enjoy the game for what it's worth for heavens sakes. The problems are known, the devs know, the player base knows - jesus...just play the damn game or leave. Nobody cares about what I write, you write, or whoever writes what. Nobody is special around here.

Oh...and to the positive folks who are enjoying the game despite a "few" issues...here are some cookies (chocolate chip) and glasses of milk. :)

;)

Again, coming hot on the heels of a model critical post, we have a model laudatory post. No hasty generalizations from personal experience, no hyperbolic claims that SWTOR is going to be the new Crowned King of MMOS. Just honest personal experience and praise.

Could it be ...? Could the quality of the forums be improving? Be still my beating heart! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.