It should be a crime to reccomend this game to anyone

MookieFett

I cant in good conscience tell anyone to buy this game at the moment.

-The bugs.

-The ridiculous pvp balance

-The ilium planet being worthless

-Sharding hindering world pvp

-The lack of factions seeing each other in the game ( you can literally go 50 levels and not see a the other faction player)

-The lack of communication ( open a ticket and you get no response for like a week)

-Devs with their hush-hush secret "we're not gonna reveal that info just now, maybe down the line" rhetoric. I seriously cant believe they're still doing that. I thought that would end on launch.

-Half the end game FP's are bugged to the point, people only run Black Talon.

- Ilium is just a bunch of people standing around trading points, the kills addition in the next patch is gonna make it terrible because of imbalance. That's not their fault though, but still it really sucks.

I want this game to have success so bad. I was waiting on this game since DAY 1 it was unannounced but it just hurts my heart. I remember the EA guy who got fired made a blog:

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/star-wars-old-republic-will-be-one-of-greatest-failures-in-history-says-mythic-employee/

"And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch."

I remember thinking this guy is a joke but jesus was he right. :(:(

-The bugs.

-The lack of factions seeing each other in the game ( you can literally go 50 levels and not see a the other faction player)

-The lack of communication ( open a ticket and you get no response for like a week)

-Devs with their hush-hush secret "we're not gonna reveal that info just now, maybe down the line" rhetoric. I seriously cant believe they're still doing that. I thought that would end on launch.

- Ilium is just a bunch of people standing around trading points, the kills addition in the next patch is gonna make it terrible because of imbalance. That's not their fault though, but still it really sucks.

I want this game to have success so bad. I was waiting on this game since DAY 1 it was unannounced but it just hurts my heart. I remember the EA guy who got fired made a blog:

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/star-wars-old-republic-will-be-one-of-greatest-failures-in-history-says-mythic-employee/

That guy wasn't right and he is still pretty much a joke. Every MMO launches with bugs, all the problems you have listed plenty of people haven't experienced. Of course the End Game is going to be boring, that's why you don't rush to the End game. Loads of people aren't, I see people all the time in the lower level worlds. I have encountered people from the opposing faction multiple times on Alderaan and Tatooine.

Oh well. Your mileage may vary I suppose.

I can't even find the motivation to login. This game is boring.

I just wish I had something else to play.

How is it you still have the motivation to grace the forums with your presence? Read Cracked.com or something? Fark? There's got to be some other site that tickles your fancy bro.

LOL!

What should be a crime is posts like this. If you don't like a game, don't play it.

There are a ton of MMO's I don't like out there. I can guarantee right now that I have never once posted in the forums of those games to complain how bad they are.

Games are never fun or great for every player. Go find a game you like and move on. Why even post here? Are you trying to find people who agree with you? Start flame wars? Or talk people into leaving the game with you?

It's not going to happen.

same. I stopped leveling at 41, and it is SOOOOO hard to bring myself to log in. And even when i do log in, I can only do about 4 quests and then I get EXTREMELY bored with the game(god, ANOTHER ******* bonus to a simple sidequest?!?!?!!?!)

Thank goodness warhammer online is still running its server.

Edited by Trineda
removed for language

That guy wasn't right and he is still pretty much a joke. Every MMO launches with bugs, all the problems you have listed plenty of people haven't experienced. Of course the End Game is going to be boring, that's why you don't rush to the End game. Loads of people aren't, I see people all the time in the lower level worlds. I have encountered people from the opposing faction multiple times on Alderaan and Tatooine.

Op is right this game is a very poor mmo if u can call it that, the bugs a mechanics are totattly wrong. some urgent patches are needed.

ah yes alderan. The one where u have to go all the way to the west to see any republic. Tatooine the one where you have to go real north to see anyone xD

-The bugs.

Dude seriously, then leave. Why do you think that anyone cares what you think? It's a *********** game - get the **** over it.

Edited by JaxonLuxor

Troll much? I've seen you on other threads complaining.

Anyway, I'm a casual MMO player. I play every ther day for 2-3 hours or so and every time I log in, I can't get enough of this game. The storyline is fun and engaging, PvP is addicting (yes, I went there. Haven't had any issues with balance) , and I haven't had any problems finding a group to do stuff with.

All of you people who complain and whine and pick apart every little bug are ridiculous. This isn't WoW. This isn't some "super amazing, fully completed, let's raid for 40 hours a week and have an endless stream of content for $15 monthly" game. Its a game that got rushed into launch, had a poor beta testing period and now they are working on it. Just give it a rest. This game is amazing.

Edited by Grumgaz

This game is fun, so I have no problem recommending it. As to your points:

-What bugs? Bugs are to be expected in MMOs... which bugs are game-breaking?

-I'm not aware of any technical PvP imbalance... maybe you're using a bad build or taking on opponents you shouldn't? Or maybe you just need a group?

-What's worthless about Ilum?

-There is hardly any sharding anymore. Most planets had it removed completely.

-If you go looking for the other faction, you will find it. It's your fault if you aren't trying to do world PvP.

-I got a response for my ticket in a few hours. Check your email.

-What bugs in FPs? I've played through them all and there are no game-breaking bugs.

You make a lot of statements here that are either unsubstantiated or flat-out false. And your insistence of "I want this game to succeed" just makes it look like you're talking from under a bridge.

-The bugs.

Ah man, here I was holding out for you to recommend this game to me. You opinion is so important to me that I was really hoping you would have something good to say about this game. What ever shall I do now?

The only reason I would not recommend this game is the same reason I don't try to get my friends addicted to anything else.

This game is really good. If/when they can fix some of the more glaring launch issues, it could be great.

yea that's about the time where its a good game. After that it gets stupid.

Like the planet in the mid to high 30's i believe where they decide to separate empire and republic with no means of meeting. I think the planet is level 10-20's for republic and like 36-39 for empire. It absolutely made no sense.

I don't understand this. I really don't. there are so many games out there, so many genres, independent games, AAA games, everything in between.

I wish I could stop the time, or at least have more hours i na day,so that I could actually have time to play everything that I'd like to play... I have something like 15 games on steam that i barely touched and even more on my wishlist that I haven't bought yet, solely becasue I already have 15 games I've yet to play much.

if you are bored with this game? play something else. try out different hobbies. there are so many things to do in this world, a lifetime is not nearly enough to experience all there is to experience.