PVP balance idea temp fix

Pylock

I have mentioned a third faction in a few of my posts here is how it would be easy to implement with out having to change the planets quests.

Third faction- neutral Accessible at level 50

You could take your preexisting imp/rep toon after level 50 and choose to go neutral. You would keep the same questing hub that you would have for your starter faction but, you would gain access to a new fleet area (copy and past of rep/imp for simplicity)

For all purposes you would count towards your starting faction for city usage but, for all world based objectives you would count for the neutral faction and you would que as neutral

I am sure BW plans to add new content regularly so when the first new content patch lands they could tailor a third set of quests and farther sep the neutrals form imp/rep

third phases

1. neutrals have their own fleet area/pvp ques/ count as a separate world pvp faction/ can form raids together

2. First content patch start restricting access to old starter stuff and give them new stuff quest/cities ect...

3. First xpac plan for the neutrals to be a part of the system and fill in what ever blanks are left

I have mentioned a third faction in a few of my posts here is how it would be easy to implement with out having to change the planets quests.

Third faction- neutral Accessible at level 50

You could take your preexisting imp/rep toon after level 50 and choose to go neutral. You would keep the same questing hub that you would have for your starter faction but, you would gain access to a new fleet area (copy and past of rep/imp for simplicity)

For all purposes you would count towards your starting faction for city usage but, for all world based objectives you would count for the neutral faction and you would que as neutral

I am sure BW plans to add new content regularly so when the first new content patch lands they could tailor a third set of quests and farther sep the neutrals form imp/rep

third phases

1. neutrals have their own fleet area/pvp ques/ count as a separate world pvp faction/ can form raids together

2. First content patch start restricting access to old starter stuff and give them new stuff quest/cities ect...

3. First xpac plan for the neutrals to be a part of the system and fill in what ever blanks are left

2 things...what does this fix? and what does it have to do with pvp?

Sorry if I did not make it clear enough when you have 3 factions you don't get the grid lock that 2 factions create.

Example:

faction 1 is 55% the pop

faction 2 is 25% the pop

faction 3 is 20% the pop

Faction 1 controls world PVP objective X.

Faction 2 and 3 team up to topple them attacking from 2 fronts.

After a bit faction 2 and 3 start in fighting for control of objective.

End result real endless pvp in world objectives

Worked in DAOC for years flawlessly

Also from my experience in DAOC all the FOTM players will hop between factions trying to be part of the best team leading to a constant shift in faction populations on the PVP side of things.

Lets face it faction population does not effect PVE generally speaking, but it can break world/open PVP

So adding in a third faction would balance PVP without taking away from the PVE side.

I would love to have a third faction, though it would have to fit somewhat into the lore (yeah I´m a sucker for that). But there is no shortage of other powerful factions besides the empire and the republic in the star wars expanded universe so it should be doable:D Edited by Garbald

Don't need much lore there are plenty of SW examples of peeps that played the game whit one foot on both sides of the fence.

Lando

Reaven

Mara Jade (if you read expanded universe books)

Boba Fett (if you read expanded universe books)

Luke Skywalker (if you read expanded universe books)

about everyone in the jedi knights game sagas

I do think Reaven is the strongest idea given the time line we already see the reavenites maybe go with something along those lines but, more in line with how Revean actually thought.

For those that are not familar with Reaven he was a bad mofo force using dude long story short he told the Dark council they were idiots and told the Jedi council they were doing it wrong...

I'd really love to see the 3rd faction but its a lot of work to fix a "PvP issue". But as an idea for expansion its excellent.

p.s. I miss 3 way dynamic pvp... almost every game has 2 factions, very few have more Q_Q

Edited by Vesperr

It would be something different, I think a lot of people being maybe tempted to being able to have the option to change to an alternative faction at 50, I certainly would consider it but doesn't solve the more important issues of sith playing huttball 38 times in a row.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.