Bioware - "Cross-server PvP good; Cross-server PvE bad"??

ZeusThunder

First Stephen Reid says that cross-server PvP is something the development team "wants to happen"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1502055#edit1502055

Then today Damion Schubert states: "Our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high........in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1502055#edit1502055

I'm very confused now, does the development team feel that cross-server PvP is a good thing but cross-server PvE is a bad thing? What Damion describes as the negative aspect of cross-server PvE is the EXACT same fears many people have about cross-server PvP.

Would a customer service representative please respond to this? Many people like me feel very strongly about cross-server anything, and we would like a clear response on the matter in regards to PvP. If Bioware feels that going cross-server PvP is the direction they would like to go, people should know that before investing further time/money into this game.

If Bioware feels that going cross-server PvP is the direction they would like to go, people should know that before investing further time/money into this game.

A thousand times this.

I have zero desire to PvP against other servers. Community is built through Rivalry.

Same faction War Zones already solve the queue problem.

If you want more variety in your random war zone, then roll the opposite faction.

To be honest, I'd much rather pvp against a wider base of people than be a big fish in a small pond.

PVE is a different story, because there are more serious consequences to people being turds, and it's easier to keep them out of your group if they have a rep.

Even in PVE though, there still needs to be some kind of dungeon finder. Even if it's not cross server as of yet, the proccess of putting together a group needs to be expidited in some way.

Edited by Scoobings

A thousand times this.

I have zero desire to PvP against other servers. Community is built through Rivalry.

Same faction War Zones already solve the queue problem.

If you want more variety in your random war zone, then roll the opposite faction.

This ^

Seems pretty obvious. They think people being able to be awful in PVP is fine, but want there to be consequences for being awful in PVE.

That is what it seems like to me too, it's what I'm reading from this at least. I just want to give Bioware the chance to state otherwise.

For the love of this game, do NOT implement cross-server PvE.

We all know how it went for the game-that-should-not-be-named - People will need on EVERYTHING even if its just to vendor the item.

I still havent seen a single item drop in a warzone so there is no problem at all there.

And seriously, rivalry? What have you been smoking?

90% of the time im getting huttball when i queue for PvP, your mileage may vary but chances are you will be getting the others more if they implement cross-server PvP.

What will happen if you implement cross-server PvE? Exactly. A bunch of scrubs doing everything they can to ruin your fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.