Some Feedback

catarnGER

Hello,

After nearly a week in this game i felt like posting my experience so far.

Affection:

what exactly does it do? more than often i picked dialogue chioces only in order get some affection with my companion. but i don't really know what it does/ does not do.

New Dialogs, better results on crew missions, more damage/healing?

Combat:

Battling has some issues.

First is Buff/Debuff tracking. some classes are more reliant to have certain buffs/debuffs running to do their job well and tracking them with this tiny little icons is really annoying.

Another thing is Crowd control. While control against normal enemies while questing alone and in PvP is rather fine imo, it's 4man heroic missions and flashpoints (havent been in an Operation yet) where it's getting stressful. Even more so in earlier levels, where tanks dont have that many AoE tools to keep up threat.

In general healers seem to handle high damage on a single target better then mediocre damage on multiple targets.

on my first flashpoints we allways had the healer (nearly) dying due to one of enemies in a group was not tanked (enough) and focused him while the other 3-4 enemies were all hiting the tank. Bosses were no problem at all. So more/better long duration CC at earlier levels would make group play a lot more comfortable

Codex:

A really great thing! the idea of datacrons combining lore, the incentive to explore off road and stats increases is an awesome idea imho. The only thing it needs are hints.

i have only a couple of entries left to complete the bestiary. but i have absolutely no idea where to look. if it at least would tell me on which planet i'm supposed to search, that would be a great help.

Storytelling:

Amazing job! just what you would expect from the makers of KotOR. but maybe even too good.

*I put a spoiler alert here, but i will try to keep it to a minimum*

Let's take the Trooper as an example. You start as a soldier fresh from academy, the best of the best.

You join the ranks of Havoc Squad the most decorated Spec Ops unit of the republic, so you are now the best of the best of the best.

Due to the turn of events you become the Leader of Havoc squad and one of your tasks is to look out for new promising recruits to serve for you. So you now are the best of the best of the best of the best. (really now)

This by itself is not even half that bad. I mean it's a story about a great war so a bit of pathos is ok.

But imagine you are out there in a far world and do your havoc squad thing and feel like the most awesome unique snowflake in the whole Galaxy (why would you not, seeing as how the story played out so far) and suddenly another Trooper crosses your way!

And you come to think: "Hey, he must have gone through the same quests i did. that means he is the best of the best of the best of the best as well! he is just as unique as i am!" and BOOM your immersion just got shot dead with a blaster.

All NPCs refer to you as THE ONE leutnant of havoc and all so it's easy to immerse in that, but any time you group with another trooper that immersion gets destroyed. and i think the story of old republic puts a high value on immersion.

if you would at least least played it out like you are just ONE member of Havoc squad but not THAT ONE. this would make it a lot more feasible.

I have not played all classes yet, so i don't know if the troopers story is the one exempt or the regular. but it feels really off to me.

Pazaak:

Please bring it back! i so loved playing it in KotOR 1 & 2. While the Space missions are fun,

it simply can not compare to the satisfaction of drawing a double 10.

so, wall of text is over. i tried to put in enough breaks to make it less painfil to read i hope you get along.

Affection opens up that companions story line/quests. It also will decrease the time it takes to complete crew skill missions. (The Crew skill mission will list the default time, not how long it takes yoru companion to do it based on their affection.)

Hello,

After nearly a week in this game i felt like posting my experience so far.

Affection:

what exactly does it do? more than often i picked dialogue chioces only in order get some affection with my companion. but i don't really know what it does/ does not do.

New Dialogs, better results on crew missions, more damage/healing?

Edited by Demalpheus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.