Will 1.1 Break Illum?

Wolfury

On my server we are insanely outnumbered. It is impossible to win in a 12 vs 1 scenario. I'm not saying which side has more (although I'm sure you can guess,) but it is impossible to accomplish anything. I feel with 1.1 and the focus on making PvP on Illum all about killing, it will ruin the server. Anyone else insanely outnumbered, or is it just me? I play on a PvP server, so there is no reason for 50's to be standing by on the fleet, and I can't make them go to Illum. But then that also shouldn't be my fault that there are 12 enemies to every one ally. It is absolutely unfair. :mad:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 factions repub, sith, rakatan, all playable and fighting over control of resources as an example.

The thing is there are already too many of one of the two factions already, plus it would take time to get a third faction up to 50. It would also require a complete redoing of all of the planets.

3 factions system won't work in this setting.

It's now WoW where noone cares about anything and Blizzard can do whatever he wishes.

#

As for OP: Yes, I'm afraid of the same.

And the defense turrets at the base might not be as good help as expected, especially with freedom of stealth we have.

Random idea: If on the map amount of players on one faction exceeds another by 3:1 or more: Allow taking Heavy droid companion from the base that will provide fire support to player.

Won't fix the issue but certainly will somehow help. Droid should have ranged damage capability and an interrupt skill.

Don't allow an imbalance. Queue people for the zone if the numbers are not equal or very close to equal.

That doesn't seem fair to those who aren't outnumbered. They'll never get their dailies done.

On a side note I do like the post 2 above me. Except since they are taking companions out completely from Illum, maybe make it allowed to have companions for those outnumbered. Just a thought I guess...

On the three faction idea... what if the side with the higher numbers got split into a third faction? Say, we queue and it puts you into either Sith or Rakatai (or whatever works). Premades would still be grouped together. Only for Illum, though.

Im sure BW has taken into account the faction imbalance on the servers, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of bolster for the under dogs. If not, then Ilum will be the Sith powwow planet for sure. (in most cases) Edited by Sotall

That doesn't seem fair to those who aren't outnumbered. They'll never get their dailies done.

it wouldn't keep you from being able to get it done, you'd just have to wait in a queue to do so. If a server imbalance is so extreme that you can sit in a queue all day and never get in, then how is it fair to the low pop side that will never get theirs done?

At least with my idea, an equal number of both sides will get theirs. If a server is as bad as you make it sound, no one will ever get the quest done because the low pop side will just stop showing up in Ilum.

Edited by Xandraxx

There's so many things wrong with the zone it just straight needs a rework.

For starters it's stupid you don't have to capture the objectives in a linear order. That right there is going to dramatically decrease the size of conflicts.

Then you've got the numbers issue. Probably bolstering is going to be the only way to go because anything else would be broken. You can't cap the amount of people allowed in the zone.

The 3 faction idea is cool in theory, but they would have to do extensive maintenance. Which would result in taking the game down for months. Whereas a bolster system would be a 'quick' fix (speaking relatively.) Just something to help out. It doesn't need to be a huge bolster, but say mixing a mild boster w/ companions could be a smooth balancing force.

On my server we are insanely outnumbered. It is impossible to win in a 12 vs 1 scenario. I'm not saying which side has more (although I'm sure you can guess,) but it is impossible to accomplish anything. I feel with 1.1 and the focus on making PvP on Illum all about killing, it will ruin the server. Anyone else insanely outnumbered, or is it just me? I play on a PvP server, so there is no reason for 50's to be standing by on the fleet, and I can't make them go to Illum. But then that also shouldn't be my fault that there are 12 enemies to every one ally. It is absolutely unfair. :mad:

Such is the vice of 2 faction pvp. One would think that by now, a company like Bioware (who has EA i.e., Dark Age oF Camelot) in its pocket, that a 3 realm wouldn't be so difficult. Excuses of cost and time abound, but if DAoC did it ten years ago with 30 people...

The 3 faction idea is cool in theory, but they would have to do extensive maintenance. Which would result in taking the game down for months. Whereas a bolster system would be a 'quick' fix (speaking relatively.) Just something to help out. It doesn't need to be a huge bolster, but say mixing a mild boster w/ companions could be a smooth balancing force.

I highly dounbt that Secret World, which is 3 factions, is going to be :taken: down for months. Not sure if you said that to be humorous. Dark Age of Camelot is down for a few hours on a Tuesday I believe...they've been 3 faction for ten years.

Seriously.

the low pop side will just stop showing up in Ilum.

Exactly why waiting for balanced sides would fail. It would never get done. If you did something like I am suggesting then people would still be there to play. Not to mention, as soon as someone gets their daily done, they will most likely not go back. So less returning people from the underpopulated side. Which would also result in the people who are outnumbering to sit and wait or not get in at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.