LFG Utility with a difference

Draflorin

Hi guys, ive been reading the arguments for and against an LFG tool.

From what I understand, the commonly stated negative impacts of having this feature in game are these

• Players can get away with bad behaviour because there is no player input in the selection they can just keep getting groups and the douche-baggery continues
  • LFG tool ruins community and stops people talking in general chat (i would say it would free up general chant for real conversation rather than constant "LF2M Esseles" every minute or so)

To address the first point i would like to propose an LFG tool that is coupled with a player driven social rep system where players have the option to place feedback on group members with a rating. Players could then stipulate that they don't want to group with others with greater than 5% negative feedback or at least set the threshold of what is acceptable. Feed back could include a comments like:

• "A+++ Player would definitely group again" (positive feedback) :)
  • "Player rolls on loot that was not appropriate for his class - said was mistake" (neutral feedback) :rolleyes:
  • "Player was rude, constantly AFK in fights and rolled need on everything would not group again" (negative feedback placed) :mad:

Players would have the option of placing their own reply to neutral or negative feedback to provide explanation and the option to appeal if they feel that feedback was undeserved.

From this players develop a persistent history of their actions and provides accountability and a consequence for antisocial behaviour.

Before you say "this would never work" i can say that it has worked and still does. this is not something that i have come up with, its a system that is used on the main trading website of my country and it works very well to help people avoid time wasters and generally bad traders. initially when inspecting the persons profile you see a count of how many positives and how many neutrals and negatives and are also given an overall percentage of positive feedback earned.

How would it work?

Immediately after completing a flashpoint or OP you receive a form in the mail

dear <Character name> you recently completed XXX flashpoint with these players (list with check boxes supplied) default feedback is positive if you are happy with your group members for this encounter you don't need to do anything simply delete this email and continue with your adventures.

However if you wish to alter the default feedback and provide a comment please tick the check boxes of members you wish to provide feedback for and insert your comment. (150 characters) Remember abuse of this system is deemed to be player harassment and Account suspension may result.

[edit feedback and press reply button]

Done

Now we have the best of both worlds - the utility of a LFG tool and a system that provides incentive for good behaviour and a consequence for the antisocial

What do you think

Why is there an irrational response to anti-social behaviour on these forums? If you have a "jerk" in your party, vote to kick him/her and get someone else, it's no big deal. Douchebagery can happen with or without a LFG tool, to blame that on a tool quite frankly is absurd. Build a more robust system when rolling for gear and you can almost but eliminate loot ninja's as well.

Now onto your idea, while I like it in theory in practise it is open to some serious abuse. A party leader for instance could convince some other people in the group to rate the player low (just because they don't like that player for some personal reason) and then they would be unfairly tarnished. Your assumption is that people would give their honest opinion. That player, if rated low enough, would then un-fairly never get in hardmodes/raids which is bad for the community and bad for BW cause that person would probably cancel their sub. Even if most people would give their honest opinion about a player I doubt most would take the time too.

I think we are just taking this to a paranoid level, if you don't get in a good group or someone is being a jerk, move onto the next one... what's the problem?

Why is there an irrational response to anti-social behaviour on these forums? If you have a "jerk" in your party, vote to kick him/her and get someone else, it's no big deal. Douchebagery can happen with or without a LFG tool, to blame that on a tool quite frankly is absurd. Build a more robust system when rolling for gear and you can almost but eliminate loot ninja's as well.

I don't know why this concept is so hard for people to understand.

Now onto your idea, while I like it in theory in practise it is open to some serious abuse. A party leader for instance could convince some other people in the group to rate the player low (just because they don't like that player for some personal reason) and then they would be unfairly tarnished. Your assumption is that people would give their honest opinion. That player, if rated low enough, would then un-fairly never get in hardmodes/raids which is bad for the community and bad for BW cause that person would probably cancel their sub. Even if most people would give their honest opinion about a player I doubt most would take the time too.

I think we are just taking this to a paranoid level, if you don't get in a good group or someone is being a jerk, move onto the next one... what's the problem?

Couldn't agree more with everything you said - and yes there is room there for abuse just as the need button is abused on a daily basis. however that being said as long as there is an avenue for appeal and stiff penalties for abuse i think that it would work quite well and be a constant reminder to players that the people you play with are real and deserving of your respect and consideration. the point of the original post is trying to find a way to have the tool and the convenience and allay the fears of those who are afraid of the serial douchebags.

Another solution that's far simpler is to have a LFG tool that simply will not put players together with other players that that are on their ignore list - solved :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.