When do Scoundrels use Cover?

heyscot

Now that I picked Scoundrel it feels like I don't really need Cover-based abilities anymore. Do you guys use it or do you mostly use your melee abilities? I'll use Cover stuff in PVP occasionally when targets are too far out but other than that, I'm trying to get up close to them. What do you do? Do you use your melee abilities more than cover stuff?

Thanks!

Now that I picked Scoundrel it feels like I don't really need Cover-based abilities anymore. Do you guys use it or do you mostly use your melee abilities? I'll use Cover stuff in PVP occasionally when targets are too far out but other than that, I'm trying to get up close to them. What do you do? Do you use your melee abilities more than cover stuff?

Thanks!

I almost never use it on my Scoundrel. The only time I honestly use it is in pvp for a brief second. I find then if I'm really far away from a target, Ill use cover to QUICKLY put a Detonate Charge on them. Then get out of it just by moving forward. That's about it.

I go into cover if I draw a lot of ranged aggro. Also when I'm sniping someone in a large group of enemies from a ledge in a warzone. Occassionally someone thinks I'm a gunslinger and jumps up after me at which point I beat the crap out of them. :D

It's worth nothing that while in cover, you can't be charged or harpoon'd. If I can take a backseat in a fight, I try to stay and heal from cover to avoid these two things.

I almost never use it on my Scoundrel. The only time I honestly use it is in pvp for a brief second. I find then if I'm really far away from a target, Ill use cover to QUICKLY put a Detonate Charge on them. Then get out of it just by moving forward. That's about it.

You are awesome. I do this too. <3 Sabo Charge and Charged Burst hit surprisingly hard even as a Scoundrel.

Edited by Lascero

I try to heal from cover when it works out. Avoids at least some damage from things that are missed.

Other than that, I would say try to find cover if you gain unwanted agro and wait til it is off you.

While solo, I almost never use cover. Usually I am tanking things for my companion anyway. There are a few times it has saved the day, but mostly I just heal through it.

This is from a pve perspective. I can see its use in pvp but thats not my thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.