Jaxo and Objective: A-77 *spoiler*

TarikGur

I chose the darkside to go save her, +50 darkside and -219 with Dorne. Then I had to kill the bots she was talking about it was really easy two strong I believe. Then I got to talk to Jaxo and I told her I would do anything for her and got another -219 with Dorne. Now Jaxo is having a tough time coping with the fact that many died to save her and she said she needs some time to recover.

The next letter from her shows that she really can't cope with the guilt, she really is having a nervous breakdown -- and is unlikely to reappear in the storyline either way. (Although she may do something suicidally heroic to try and make up for it, I don't know if Bioware have any more audio dialogue from the voice actress, or the inclination to go back and create further content about a character that many light-side players won't get to see). I actually have the Mission about meeting up with Jaxo that was supposed to be before the A-77 event in my Mission Log, but I can't figure out what to do with it, so it's likely to remain there...)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did this mission and...

I guess I didn't read properly because I was under the impression that I was going to attempt to save both the 300 and Jaxo, but then after I chose, I find out that nope! I just sacrificed the 300 for her. Pretty upset about it...but, I heart Jaxo, and I am not sure I would have even changed my choice if I had known...just really sad about it though.

Its both terrible and really awesome at the same time that a game can make you feel so bad about a decision.

Edited by Icebergy

I chose to...

rescue Jax on the off chance that she returns in a quest once level cap has been raised. It sucked but it was a no-win scenario, so no point in getting upset about it.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

So... wow. I can't tell if it is good or bad writing but it certainly was compelling and infuriating.

I mean... in my mind my trooper is really a "no one gets left behind" kind of soldier. He would not have accepted there was no way to save both Jaxo and the prisoners. He would have tried to save her. He would have given an order to wait as long as they could to vent, and he would charged straight in to take care of the robots knowing quite well it might be the last thing he would ever do.

The only other thing I would have liked to have seen, given the choices, is deep regret and sorrow after the mission. Things shouldn't just go back to normal. There should be some real pain and guilt in the form of a cut scene or two.

Edited by Rafaman

This mission is heart wrenching enough but...

The email I got from someone afterwards saying they were going through her things and she didn't have much but she would want you to have this, was pretty painful. I know, maybe I am getting to wrapped up in the game.

Same here... I had moved on and was finally happily on to the next thing when... I was reminded of that dark and somber moment.

• 2 months later...

:( :( :(

This is the first time ever I've almost not chosen a light side option. My trooper is fully light, and never blinked at a second of it. But when Jaxo said "I can't die here, I can't" my resolve weakened. At least, until I realized that she was effectively saying "Forget 300 troopers, I want out!" Then Tanno brought me back to reality by saying, "I don't wanna die here either, boss. What're we gonna do?" That did it. I knew that I would not be a casualty of the attack, but in my character's mind - and Tanno's - they would die along with the troopers. And my squad comes before anything, even a girl I had once liked. So I said, "Sorry Jaxo" and chose light. But I had a stinking hard time doing it. Then when she said "It can't end like this" and then static....wow. :(

• 1 month later...

Why are all of you letting the 300 die? Its a simple choice really, one man or 300 men?

Exactly, it's the whole "Spock" thing... needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one.

Also, I must be one of the few that never felt any real connection with Jaxo other than that she wanted to jump my toon's bones...

Why are all of you letting the 300 die? Its a simple choice really, one man or 300 men?

Possibly not that simple. Consider; Republic Special Forces have to have high physical and mental standards in the people they're looking to recruit. The majority of the Republic military isn't likely to meet those standards. Then there's training, and SF training is something most Republic Army don't have - and it's quite possible that some of the ones recruited to take it don't pass, how many is not clear. Jaxo is unusual in qualifying for SF training, has passed it successfully, and has some successsful missions in her past. She's not a common soldier, her talents and abilities make her unusual. Perhaps even, one in three-hundred unusual. Which means it can be seen as a choice between one extremely capable and highly trained person, and three hundred rather replaceable grunts.

I chose to save them.

Sorry but I put my self as a Commanding Officer on the spot and i had to weigh 300 people vs 1. It wasn't a hard call to make at all.

Doesn't mean i liked making that call, but i made it all the same. Sorry needs of the many.

It was an easy decision for me, and Jaxo lived. What bothers me is that she doesn't replace Dorne.

Now I'm wondering how much of an investment Bio is going to put in tying up these ends later on.

• 1 month later...
Hate to top old threads, but I just found myself having to make this decision. By far the hardest one in the game. I actually called all of my companions one by one and kept escaping out before everything was finalized. One of them actually supported the decision to save her. I was torn. I'd rejected the romance thing w/Dorne choosing Jaxo instead. Now this? And the sick part about it was Dorne, Jorgan and the others were right. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Sucky decision. I knew it was wrong. I knew why it was wrong. I knew my pure light side trooper would get dark side points for it. I knew my companions would hate me. And I freaking saved her anyway. What does that say about me? Maybe my pure light side trooper has a dark side to him? Hardest decision I've had to make in the game.

One of the hardest decisions to make in the game.

When starting the mission I thought that it would end up in a funny face-off situation between Jaxo and Dorn, since I romanced them both, and my girlfriend made me take Elara on that mission just so she could torture me later, but I was never prepared for this, in the end I imagined myself, not my toon, in a similar situation, putting 300 nameless people against my ex-girlfriend who is my good friend now, and that was the exact time that those guys were as good as gone. Told her that it was for the old times sake, but that is the end of whatever been between them.

Later there even came an enlightenment, competence: Ava (that is her first name if you didn't know) was able to single handedly infiltrate the facility and stage an opening for havoc squad to enter and proceed with the mission, non of the 300 other prisoners did anything (and she "infiltrated" it being brought as a prisoner so they all had the same start and resources), more so, they were weak or stupid enough to be caught alive and not fight till death, hell some of them if not all might have even broken during interrogation and give imperials some republic secrets, those traitors. And that was the light side rationalization, when I'll be playing DS trooper (and I will) he will also go to save Ava, even if he had to put a muzzle of his gun to all those prisoners heads himself and pull the trigger.

Oh and don't make me even start on the Veremire situation i ME, it was a strong and memorable moment at the time, but the self sacrifice of them both was just too sappy-high-and-mighty-american-pompous-self-righteous-martyr type to be real, Ava Jaxo came much better, she came as a human being who don't want to die, who is naturally scared of dying, yes she knew the dangers but she is still just a normal human not some emotionless Jedi with a martyr complex.

nuff said

You arent some random person given this question. You are an officer of the republic, entrusted by the citizens of the republic and their elected representatives to protect themselves and their self-interests as best as you are capable.

As an officer in the military you must remain impartial, as hard as it may be sometimes. You must save grief for later, dramatic "NOOOOO's!" for when you arent getting shot at, etc. etc.

In this situation, the answer is obvious.

There are 300 innocent people locked up. 300. innocent. You might say, they might be evil, or bastards. But you must remain impartial. It could just as easily be 300 really good people, who might give birth to the next Revan or skywalker. Furthermore, they didnt put themselves in that position. If you have to get down to it, even on a pure statistical basis, saving those 300 does more in the long run. But it's also the right thing to do. Jaxo as a soldier should have been willing to die to save everyone else, her panic is understandable and realistic but she knew what she was getting into and should've accepted the responsibilities.

I'd prefer not to die either but if it''s going to happen,there'd be no greater honor than to die saving hundreds of other innocent people.

I love the writing in this though. It could've been easy to just have her say "You know what you have to do" but she panicked and freaked out like a human being. She's a soldier but a soldier under severe duress. Hearing her panic and rambling on til her death was like twisting the knife.

• 1 month later...
NOOO just did this quest today :( I liked Jaxo I think she and my trooper could have been buds you know those few hrs of downtime Garza allowed us hanging out with the girls. The worst part of this quest is the after mail I just got from Keran with the item that she knows Jaxo would have wanted me to have. :( I wish there was a way we could have just saved her and the other prisoners this quest is horrible for the heartstrings.

I went Light Side when I came across this quest. The reason that choosing Jaxo over the 300 is kind of a simple thing when you break it down.

Ask yourself, will you allow 300 people to die for someone you know or save those innocent 300 for someone that knew what their job entailed.

If your angry that you had to make such a touching chose I suggest you never play Fable III because right at the start you'll be posed with such a question.

In the end though, if you did get the Dark Side points and your just angry that you have taint on your toon then I'm sorry, but that just means you'll need to do an extra flashpoint or something to gain that lost points due to your choice.

In my personal option, the devs and story writes did a great job with the Trooper story line. I didn't like the ending, but I'm not saying anymore to that effect as you will all have to experience that yourselves! All-in-all, enjoy the game!;)

Fable 3 didn't bother me because the decision was made so early in the game I had no attachment to the person. I literally met her like 15 mins ago so when I had to choose between her and the peasants it was basically a coin flip choice.

I think saving Jaxo should of been a way to get her to join Havoc as a romanceable companion. She could replace Elara who wouild transfer out of Havoc in disgust of you letting 300 people die to save Jaxo. Instead, saving her does basically nothing. Bioware introduces us to her early in Coruscant, has her as a recurring character and then gives her subplot a half a**ed ending.

Edited by DrowNoble

i had no problem yea my female trooper was good buds with jaxo. but she one spec force soldier. there 300 more soldiers on that station no brainer. sides you might 20 spec forces out that 300. yes jaxo was a good character and soldier but you signed on to do a job. sometimes you have to make rotten calls. but the harder choice was on coreilla

and tavus rebelling against the republic for abandioning them was a stupid reason. treason is still treason you dont like it fine quit or go public bout it. but in my book he took the coward way out

• 3 weeks later...

plus, how is it dark side to rescue her? im aggrivated.

what happens when I A)rescue jaxo B)rescue the prisoners????

It's Dark Side because

you choose your romance option/buddy over the lives of hundreds of Republic prisoners you were supposed to rescue.

sometimes you have to make rotten calls. but the harder choice was on coreilla

How come? Slapping the Chancellor down is pretty much the obvious decision.

Letting go the enemy leader who killed hundreds of thousands and will kill even more if set free (not even mentioning the lives of the soldiers who were killed during the operation to capture him) to get the good Chancellor some political points? Not on her life, and over Havoc's dead bodies.

Edited by Helig

My Vanguard was on the mission with his current girlfriend, and disposing of the woman who he'd been previously involved with and could point out his infidelities was not against his interests. Light Side points was just an unfortunate side effect.

You call this a tough choice? How about having to decide between"

A] Curing a deadly disease

*and*

B] Saving a lot of important individuals(unsure of the exact number)

-In the Consular Storyline- One choice is to kill the guy, which in turn causes scores of Jedi Masters all over the galaxy to die. The other choice is that you shield him, effectively saving the Jedi, but it allows the plague creator to live on and provides him with the opportunity to do this all again, not to mention the other infected Jedi would remain so with Terrak still being alive.

Yeah, the trooper storyline sucked because it didn't really give you any meaningful choices. This one is a no-brainer. You either be utterly selfish and unreasonable, which fits the way that certain people want to play their troopers, or you do the 'right,' selfless thing and protect innocent lives.