Yet another Noobish Question - Armor and Weapons

Bosay

I must be having some issues with my weapons and armor packages. I have been trying to keep my avatar equipped with what I thought was the best gear available but after looking again I still seem to be taking a lot of damage in combat. I am still a bit confused about how this whole armor/mod system works. I think I am still misunderstanding the meaning of the armor rating. I always try to wear items with the highest armor rating, but not quite sure how the colors play into this. Is a blue item with an AR of 200 better than a green item with an AR of 200? I have also acquired a few orange items and payed around with placing a few armoring mods in them but still not sure how that works. Does the AR of the mod supersede the base AR of the item.

If there are any really good guides out there that can explain this in laymans terms please point me to them.

Two pieces of armor with the same armor value, will provide the same protection, no matter the quality, level, etc of the item. Now, when you look at an armor you will see two numbers. The armor value and then in parenthesis the armor rating. The value is the one you want to look at. The rating just determines what the value is based on the type of armor. So light armor and medium armor with the same rating will have a different value (with the medium being higher).

As for orange armor, it's armor rating (and therefore armor value) is determined by the armoring modification. Whatever rating the armoring mod gives is the rating the armor will have.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.