Security question account lock...

Mythrid

Do accounts automatically unlock after a certain amount of time or is contacting CS the only way to get your account unlocked? I haven't been locked out myself and I was curious.

Bioware might want to rethink things if the accounts don't unlock after some time automatically. It seems like it would be very easy for a hacker to lock peoples accounts for fun just by putting in a wrong security answer or password forcing a lot of people to have to call CS to get their account unlocked.

If someone managed to do this to enough accounts it would create a lot of unhappy people on hold with CS and a lot of work for CS employees. Anyone know if they auto-unlock?

Afaik, you must enter correct password first, and only then security question field is validated, therefore if you enter your email and then wrong password security question does not matter because its not even checked if its valid.

So "hacker" cant block your account to have fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.