So how long until PVP gear is easier to get?

Vlaid

I'll be honest, I'm loving the way the PVP gear grind feels....if you only want to play one character. I'm near rank 60 now and chugging along fine wrecking people with my premade group most days.

But this system is poorly designed for a game that expects and promotes you to play alts.

I simply will never have any desire to grind through the ranks again on another character until they make it easier or give you some kind of "already been there" bonus for people who have grinded up the ranks on their main.

Anyone else feeling like it's just a matter of time? I like the gated system for the most part, but it feels like it's brutally punishing to anyone who doesn't just focus and grind on a single character.

It shouldn't be easier just because you have "been there". If you really want to roll an alt and get them geared up, you would do it anyway. Been there done that is no excuse to get stuff faster than someone who is fresh out the gate. You will already have all the knowledge and experience to get stuff pretty damn fast as it is.

I'll be honest, I'm loving the way the PVP gear grind feels....if you only want to play one character. I'm near rank 60 now and chugging along fine wrecking people with my premade group most days.

But this system is poorly designed for a game that expects and promotes you to play alts.

I simply will never have any desire to grind through the ranks again on another character until they make it easier or give you some kind of "already been there" bonus for people who have grinded up the ranks on their main.

Anyone else feeling like it's just a matter of time? I like the gated system for the most part, but it feels like it's brutally punishing to anyone who doesn't just focus and grind on a single character.

Only a matter of time. But honestly. The game hasn't even been out for a month and your already close to rank 60? It couldn't have been that hard.

I believe people hold high expectations for this game.

For something most can relate to, WoW.

You want to know what REALLY killed the game, for me and many of my friends?

How easy the game got.

So no, let's please keep it semi-difficult and harder to gain good gear.

I remember having to do RAIDS to get Epics. Not freaken dungeons or vendors to get Tier. C'mon. Making a game easy and rid of challenges gets old quick. I don't want 5 super geared alts. I want one main, that I know I put a lot of work and effort into to shine. Not look around at everyone and their mother decked out.

I kind of like the hard work I have to put in. It makes my main feel accomplished. if I decide to make a pvp alt. I will probably ignore every single side-quest, and level to 50 via pvp. That should break up a lot of the lvl 50 grind/wait for gear.

Edited by Wikidius

I believe people hold high expectations for this game.

For something most can relate to, WoW.

You want to know what REALLY killed the game, for me and many of my friends?

How easy the game got.

So no, let's please keep it semi-difficult and harder to gain good gear.

I remember having to do RAIDS to get Epics. Not freaken dungeons or vendors to get Tier. C'mon. Making a game easy and rid of challenges gets old quick. I don't want 5 super geared alts. I want one main, that I know I put a lot of work and effort into to shine. Not look around at everyone and their mother decked out.

I would 100% agree, but for most people in PVP, it's not about the gear. It's about the PVP. Nobody wants to spend 2-3 months grinding warzones (or even longer later when more tiers are added) just to get "Even" with the current plateua of gear in PVP.

Sure right now it feels great. But anyone who didn't ride it out while they were at the front of the wave....well it's going to be a brutal grind of getting their face stomped for 2-3 months (eventually)....or more for the less hardcore PVPers.

If realistically the "challenge" in pvp is just getting the gear, it's already failed before it started.

I'm perfectly OK with it being a challenge. But at the moment it's not that it's difficult, it's just a long long grind just to get to that level of "equally geared" that people love to have epic PVP fights in.

When gear isn't equal, it's just not fun in PVP (unless you enjoy empty, soulless victories in PVP that you needed the gear to pull off).

I would 100% agree, but for most people in PVP, it's not about the gear. It's about the PVP. Nobody wants to spend 2-3 months grinding warzones (or even longer later when more tiers are added) just to get "Even" with the current plateua of gear in PVP.

Sure right now it feels great. But anyone who didn't ride it out while they were at the front of the wave....well it's going to be a brutal grind of getting their face stomped for 2-3 months (eventually)....or more for the less hardcore PVPers.

If realistically the "challenge" in pvp is just getting the gear, it's already failed before it started.

I'm perfectly OK with it being a challenge. But at the moment it's not that it's difficult, it's just a long long grind just to get to that level of "equally geared" that people love to have epic PVP fights in.

When gear isn't equal, it's just not fun in PVP (unless you enjoy empty, soulless victories in PVP that you needed the gear to pull off).

This is true, dying constantly gets frustrating and ruins some of the fun. I just hate getting decent gear right off the bat, not really working that hard to get it, and then having nothing to show for accomplishing my time put into it in the long run, if that makes any sense.

I think the real challenge right now is getting lucky with what comes out of the bags lol ;)

This is true, dying constantly gets frustrating and ruins some of the fun. I just hate getting decent gear right off the bat, not really working that hard to get it, and then having nothing to show for accomplishing my time put into it in the long run, if that makes any sense.

I think the real challenge right now is getting lucky with what comes out of the bags lol ;)

It's really not the dying part, it's that it's hard to even call what you're doing "PVP" until you are in equal gear. Until then it's just PVGear and trying to find some way to be useful against people with 5k more health and several times more your damage/healing/expertise.

It's really not the dying part, it's that it's hard to even call what you're doing "PVP" until you are in equal gear. Until then it's just PVGear and trying to find some way to be useful against people with 5k more health and several times more your damage/healing/expertise.

Gear doesn't always equal "Skill" though. You can have a lot of stupid people playing with decent gear, and some players with craptacular gear and they can still beat the other guys butt if they know what they are doing. So this argument is iffy.

Ppl are talking here but not in my thread, so I'll pose my question here (sorry for hyjacking).

Has anyone else noticed that the Force-Mystic set is missing a lightsaber, offhand, and earpiece? Is this the only set with missing pieces? Has this been brought to the devs attention?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.