Things you can do at Level 50

Screamster

Some people that are level 50 say there is not much to do. Once BW adds more content, hopefully things will change a bit. In the meantime, I am trying to compose a list of things you could do worth the monthly subscription.

Here is my list:

1. Help out your guildies - This is a no brainer. If you are at 50, help your guild get to 50. After all, you are playing an MMO, right?

2. Go after the high level Elites - Whether it be solo those bastards that kept killing you during a leveling mission, or going after the world bosses with a group, there are many options.

3. PVP - Just yell, "THIS... IS... STAR WARS!!!" as you start hacking up the opposing team.

4. Craft - Another no brainer.

5. Make an alt - I plan on make a few toons to play for various reasons. The only question remains is, which one to do next?

6. Make some credits - Go and make some money. Slice, kill, whatever. Cause when more stuff comes out, it's going to cost you. Better to be prepared. Hell, buy yourself a few different speeder models.

7. Get creative with your guild - Make up your own quests for weekly prizes. "First person to bring back 200 holoprojectors gets 3k credits and braggin rights."

Get the creative juices flowing. This world is only as stagnant as you make it out to be. Think outside the box.

What other things can you think of?

Edited by Screamster

lol what about all the hard modes? what about the operations? Since i have hit 50 ive had a constant stream of things to do. Granted if i played for like 8 hours a day id get bored but with the 1-2 i can do on a normal basis and a 3-4 i can do on my off days im having alot of fun

Any tips for Ilum? I'm having a pretty tough time there, with one mission bugged and the other impossible (for me) with two strong mobs together that keep healing each other up to full.. all the credits I made wandering hopelessly around the bugged mission were spent on repairs for the impossible one *blush*

Some people that are level 50 say there is not much to do. Once BW adds more content, hopefully things will change a bit. In the meantime, I am trying to compose a list of things you could do worth the monthly subscription.

Here is my list:

1. Help out your guildies - This is a no brainer. If you are at 50, help your guild get to 50. After all, you are playing an MMO, right?

2. Go after the high level Elites - Whether it be solo those bastards that kept killing you during a leveling mission, or going after the world bosses with a group, there are many options.

3. PVP - Just yell, "THIS... IS... STAR WARS!!!" as you start hacking up the opposing team.

5. Make an alt - I plan on make a few toons to play for various reasons. The only question remains is, which one to do next?

6. Make some credits - Go and make some money. Slice, kill, whatever. Cause when more stuff comes out, it's going to cost you. Better to be prepared. Hell, buy yourself a few different speeder models.

7. Get creative with your guild - Make up weekly prizes for made up quests. "First person to bring back 200 holoprojectors gets 3k credits and braggin rights.

Get the creative juices flowing. This world is only as stagnant as you make it out to be. Think outside the box.

excuse me sir.... but everything except "help your guildies" is just nerd stuff... where is the competition? i mean to "raid" makes no sense... gear looks like trash - who wants to pose looking like s h i t ?

where´s the pvp?? warzones are ok i have no lag/stutter or something else.... but... without any highscores for pre-build teams (WoW Arena PvP style) pvp is just meaningless.... - why should i care to rock one WZ after another with my guildmates it´s just plain stupid....

and for the wow haters.... i don´t like wow... raids are boring and easy....BUT the pvp (arena) was great.... if you sucked you had nothing special.... if you were good you had all the gear... - and if you were good you just needed a few games/week to keep your rating

PvP - grind meaningless pug warzones? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Or are you referring to standing across from the opposition and wintrading in Ilum?

crafting - why? everything apart from biochem is worthless

make an alt - this isn't something to do at level 50

make some credits - i have about 2 million credits, but nothing to buy

get creative with your guild - so you're telling me to make my own content then?

Edited by Paganini

Yuck B2P with microtransactions, no thanks. Ill stick with a monthly sub Star wars game.

Cosmetic microtransactions mostly. I'll tell you this though, this game is bound to have microtransactions as well, just like every single AAA P2P MMO out there. If you want a hint at what's to come, look at WAR on Origin store. Both are EA games and both are run by BioWare.

Yep, I was going going to point out datacrons, but was beaten to it. :) A nice definitive list of them would be nice. The one I found isn't complete (which I know since I stumbled across one that wasn't listed).

Look on youtube. They have every datacron available. Ill be doing that as soon as I hit 50. I already found 7 of them. and saw some others but chose to save them till 50.

There is obviously plenty to do. People who want to complain and troll are going to complain and troll, although I appreciate your effort.

I will listen to complains from anyone who posts a screen of themselves and say... 2 alts in full Battlemaster gear and full Rakata gear.

Cosmetic microtransactions mostly. I'll tell you this though, this game is bound to have microtransactions as well, just like every single AAA P2P MMO out there. If you want a hint at what's to come, look at WAR on Origin store. Both are EA games and both are run by BioWare.

I noticed that the original guild war had A LOT more MT's then say wow has. I would rather have less MT's then more. I would rather get more content to be aquired in game (Cosmetics included) then have every cosmetic imaginable for purchase.

Also, you said "Mostly" in there.

I wont play LOTR online becuse its "Cosmetic" new areas and such you need to pay for, I hear you even have to pay for some raids and that is somthing I never will do, EVER. Ill stick with my regular P2P with ONLY minor cosmetics like wow then move into a game like GW2 that is bound to charge their players at every turn just to keep the servers up and running. I dont care how innovative or how many ZOMG BBQ new features it has. I will never support a game that starts to charge its players for actual content like raids and a couple of small areas that in other games would be FREE in content patches. The nickle and dime model will never sit with me and the minute all new MMORPG's turn into that model is the day I never play another MMORPG again.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

Here is my list:

7. Get creative with your guild - Make up your own quests for weekly prizes. "First person to bring back 200 holoprojectors gets 3k credits and braggin rights."

While I appreciate your enthusiam; there's a reason you're not an official spokesperson. Your list makes me never want to hit 50 as there really appears to be nothing to do. :(

excuse me sir.... but everything except "help your guildies" is just nerd stuff... where is the competition? i mean to "raid" makes no sense... gear looks like trash - who wants to pose looking like s h i t ?

where´s the pvp?? warzones are ok i have no lag/stutter or something else.... but... without any highscores for pre-build teams (WoW Arena PvP style) pvp is just meaningless.... - why should i care to rock one WZ after another with my guildmates it´s just plain stupid....

and for the wow haters.... i don´t like wow... raids are boring and easy....BUT the pvp (arena) was great.... if you sucked you had nothing special.... if you were good you had all the gear... - and if you were good you just needed a few games/week to keep your rating

When you called things other people enjoy doing "nerd stuff" you lost all credibility and your post was effectively pointless.

Here is my list:

Roll an alt? Hah, get to max level and the thing to do is roll an alt? Awesome. -.-

This whole game is terrible.

Edited by MobsDeep

Soo pvp is a no brainer for me. I dont pvp and never will. Sorry I am not interested in epen comparing in an MMORPG. If I want pvp, I will go with a NON GEAR pvp oriented game called battlefield 3 where every person has just as much chance to kill someone as the guy next to them. PVP in MMORPGS are laughable as if you dont have the gear, you suck end of story. Gear based PVP progression is a joke and Ill stick with never doing it.

Competition? Hmm, never heard of that before. I play video games to have fun. Im not competing in any games I play. I dont care about who is at the top or the bottom in the kill score list or what my K/D ratio is in Battlefield 3. The fact is I like to shoot people in the face in my offtime every now and then. As far as raiding competition is concerned, Ill stick with regular running stuff to see the content. I could give a grap about gear and only raiding from vanilla wow-cataclysm tier 12 full clear to see the story and content. I ran each raid excapt karazhan maybe three times at most.

If I wanted competition, it will be for somthing IRL that I can better myself with. I would rather compete to be the first person to climb the highest mountain in Yosemite National Park and win money in a race to the top, then be competative in a video game that has no barring what so ever on bettering myself IRL. Ill keep video games as a fun hobby and nothing more.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

I noticed that the original guild war had A LOT more MT's then say wow has. I would rather have less MT's then more. I would rather get more content to be aquired in game (Cosmetics included) then have every cosmetic imaginable for purchase.

Also, you said "Mostly" in there.

The "mostly" is because the non-cosmetic things that the original Guild Wars has in it's store are extra bank space and character spots, name and appearance change tokens, etc. Also since the game has a very big competitive PvP component, there are elite skill packs for sale usable only in PvP. Please note that those same elite skills can be acquired through normal means by playing the campaign but since GWs allows you to create a max level PvP-only character and some people play only for competitive PvP, it makes sense. There is also a hunter animal pack to use in PvP and all of those animals can also be tamed just by playing the campaign.

In other words Guild Wars has nothing game breaking in it's store. It's costumes and some convenience stuff. I played the game for years and the only thing I bought was 2 costumes because they looked cool. In total, I spent about $20 on MTs over the course of 5+ years.

Edited by krookie

I can't help but laugh at people who race to max level the moment any new MMO hits the market only to complain there is nothing to do.

However, there is more than in that list.

There are operations, flashpoints, Ilum dailies..

Oh, and they will keep adding more to do as time goes on, like with the patch we're getting here in a week or so.

I swear, if the MMO community 7 years ago was like the MMO community is today, WoW would have failed 30 days after launch.

lol what about all the hard modes? what about the operations? Since i have hit 50 ive had a constant stream of things to do. Granted if i played for like 8 hours a day id get bored but with the 1-2 i can do on a normal basis and a 3-4 i can do on my off days im having alot of fun

This... I really don't understand the complaints right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.