going to start a operative but have a question

Notraces

All the classes can solo PvE 1-50 and according to Bioware they are reasonably balanced in PvP if played properly. Personally, if I am playing a non-healing character I tend to use my healing companion as soon as I get them and use Biochem stims before then.

can the operative pve well without healing, also 1-50 solo questing is it bad, or is there a dps route to questing/pve/bossing

All classes do well. Op's, like Merc's, can choose between DPS and Healing, so if you don't invest in healing, you'll still have another option.

This is an MMO made for you to group with other players. While you can solo most of your story quests, you will miss out on side-quests/heroics/flashpoints. Not only are you losing out on probably more than half the game, you're gimping yourself from the lost xp, making it even harder to solo stuff later on. Basically, it's possible, but a better game experience=grouping for quests you can't solo.

Yes, the game is designed so that any class can solo their way to 50 without TOO MUCH hardship. You will be tested from time to time and there are occasional fights that you might find easier with a different spec (that applies to both the healing and damage dealing builds), but nothing should be impossible, provided you play your class correctly. The entire 1-50 experience is essentially your training ground in figuring out how your class works. If you run into a difficult fight, see if there isn't some important ability, or mechanic of the fight that you're forgetting.

I like my Operative. Just remember, it's a melee class. The only time you would really want to lean on your ranged skills is when the boss has an AoE that you need to stay out of. Other than that, you need to get yourself in there!

If you go DPS you can still be a reasonably good off-healer. I went full healer and still have no problems with any of the PvE content.

Story is interesting too! Very different from the other classes.

While I myself don't have an operative (or rather one high enough level yet to comment) I can say the within the small guild I am in our current highest level (just hit 50) player rolled an agent that he was completely happy with the whole way.

Likewise I've a friend that went republic side that has a scoundrel (operative mirror-class) main that they've been very happy with and have had no problems even when not using overt dps-heavy companions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.