Group Loot System

Hakafu

Given that each class and AC has their own statted loot and certain armor level that they can equip and weapons, can we get a functioning Need before Greed system in place? Restrict classes to rolling on only their intended loot, as far as weapons and armor goes?

Just last night, I saw BH take a bunch of medium armor with cunning, away from Agents. I saw a Sith Assassin taking Juggernaut heavy armor and weapons plus shield generator away from the Sith Warrior in the group. What this equates out to is greed, with little to no understanding of how your class functions. A Need before Greed system that restricts your ability to roll need to only those items you can actually use for your AC would be a nice addition.

And the final request, is to allow loot gotten while in a group, to have a 30 minutes to 1 hour time frame where it can be passed to other players in that group only, so long as the item in question has not been equipped. These few things would go a long ways in fixing some loot problems that you will be having as more people get into the game.

You have to understand the people that are actually on these forums. Everyone playing and happy is not going to come here. Everyone here is either raging at the EGA or raging at the ragers of the EGA. The devs are too busy monitoring the waves they just sent out. The moderators are too busy closing threads.

Nobody cares about your issue here. Not today. Best bet is to try to talk to someone in game.

You have to understand the people that are actually on these forums. Everyone playing and happy is not going to come here. Everyone here is either raging at the EGA or raging at the ragers of the EGA. The devs are too busy monitoring the waves they just sent out. The moderators are too busy closing threads.

Nobody cares about your issue here. Not today. Best bet is to try to talk to someone in game.

Wait.... people can't talk about the game in the general forums...

What is this

I don't even

I'm probably one of the few that will support companion 'need' as well as player need.

Equipping 6 companions as well as yourself gets very costly.

What happens if everyone selects 'need'? it does the same thing as if everyone selected 'greed'. It will go through the RNG loot roll.

Support it or not. Best options from here on out would be to have 'opt in' or 'pass' on loot rolls.

Either you have a desire for it, or you don't. Doesn't matter if it's for you or companion(which IS you).

I have been thinking about this for awhile before I reply as I like to try and add value to a discussion. I have played MMOs for awhile now since EQ1 one of the things I hated was someone not playing the class that could use that item rolling for it. Now that game was very different then from games now. There was no reason for a cleric to be at FBSS (was that the Assassin/Supplier camp? or was Assassin/Supplier the DE mask? I cant remember) nothing dropped for them so they went for alts. Now had they not done that I doubt any casty would of ever came to that camp and since you could not solo like you can now you would never get it.

The reason thats important is because games today are not like that. Yes you still need healer/tank (in some games not all I realize) but unlike EQ you have a ton of viable solo options for loot. I personnelly believe if its not the class your currently playing you shouldn't roll need. Thats just how I feel about it to me I have no problem losing a roll to someone who will actually get as much use as I will but if its going to sit in your bag just because you wanted to be .05 better at whatever your offspec or your companions DPS/heals over someone who will benefit from it in a more significant way seems wrong. Notice I didn't say is wrong just seems wrong to me at least greedy. In my case I do not mind running an instance again or going off to do X quest to get loot for my companion, offspec, whatever. Just seems courteous I know not everyone will agree but thats how I see it.

All that being said its just a really long winded version of saying I support need before greed. I believe its a system that ensures that those who are actually on their main to get loot who you may group with again in a heroic are geared properly. That way when you do see them you won't say "Your gear sucks you need to gear more." Well maybe they would be better geared but they keep losing to people rolling for alts/offspecs/companions.

Other than Trolls McTrollsterson on here complaining about my request for a system that is pretty much needed in games nowadays, it seems like most people agree. And I hadn't really thought about the whole Companion Need thing, but that is an excellent idea as well, but could just go into abuse by people using that rather than greed to get extra loot over others. Unfortunately in this day and age, and this being the interwebs in all, it's hard to find trusty people.

Was hoping to maybe keep this thread going, and possibly get a quick dev response with even just a Yes, No, or Maybe. I realize it's more coding to include, and that it more than likely won't be in by Live when the servers get flooded. But with luck, maybe in one of the first hotfix/patches. Assuming we're going to get patches now and not entire game re-downloads :rolleyes: