Marauder End Game PvP

kooopagaming

Well, since there is no competitive pvp as to date, This post may be completely wrong when that is released. There is an extreme problem with squishyness, yes were medium armor blahblahblah but it seems we dont stand a chance against harder hitting classes such as sorc/sage shadow/assasin and smuggler/operative .From what i noticed our charge is extremely buggy even if it hits, we end up where the target was instead of where it is. Im not trying to complain here or anything, but if anyone has suggestions/how to fix these things please let me know :D

Marauders/Sentinels seem to be one of the classes with a wider skill range. I've seen some geared ones who do incredibly poorly, and then I've seen a couple that can tear through someone in a matter of seconds. It appears they have incredible damage when played right, but look to have some trouble staying on-target.

Marauder/Sentinel survivability is sick in PvP, where it's all about surviving bursts of focus fire. With a 4-second reprieve from our stealth and a 5-second immunity to damage to use at low health, it's easy to stay alive at a crucial moment to let your healer catch up or to escape to find a health power-up in a warzone.

Survivability in solo PvE is another story, but it's great in PvP.

Get a guard, go immune and then go invis. The life of the only nonlegit stealth nonheavy armor melee class has to be rough. I have seen some good ones when they have good support though.

It's not like any class won't be good with the same kind of buffs from supportive allies. The fact that melee still have to work harder to stay in range and get no benefit from it, (Self fulfillment of being better than you? I guess?) is a little silly. At least in other games, Melees bursted more damage when they got into melee.

I played a warrior in WoW and at least I had full rage when I got into melee from being beat on so hard. Now I have to derp around to get rage to deal damage when I get into melee.

It's just poor design, ranged deal just as much damage as melees, so really, what's the point?

I love the class, don't get me wrong, but somewhere along the way, someone ****ed up.

Marauder/Sentinel survivability is sick in PvP, where it's all about surviving bursts of focus fire. With a 4-second reprieve from our stealth and a 5-second immunity to damage to use at low health, it's easy to stay alive at a crucial moment to let your healer catch up or to escape to find a health power-up in a warzone.

Survivability in solo PvE is another story, but it's great in PvP.

Yet another instance of needing a healer. No class should ever 'Need' a healer to be acceptable. In WoW it was fine because if Warriors had a healer, they were an unstoppable force of absolute destruction. Any class with a healer in this game becomes just that and there are other classes who do it better and do it at range.

Yes, the survivability is good, but Assassins have a large amount of it too with better burst and more utility. Powertechs are largely the same.

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch.

---via georg

don't worry, it looks like the devs are aware and going to be implementing fixes in the near future.

Edited by lectotrans

It's not like any class won't be good with the same kind of buffs from supportive allies. The fact that melee still have to work harder to stay in range and get no benefit from it, (Self fulfillment of being better than you? I guess?) is a little silly. At least in other games, Melees bursted more damage when they got into melee.

I played a warrior in WoW and at least I had full rage when I got into melee from being beat on so hard. Now I have to derp around to get rage to deal damage when I get into melee.

It's just poor design, ranged deal just as much damage as melees, so really, what's the point?

I love the class, don't get me wrong, but somewhere along the way, someone ****ed up.

I dont really know what you are trying to prove. Melee and range usually have similar advantages and disadvantages in all of these games.

Mauraders/Sents or all melee that arent rogue types arent bad, but they are usually more dependant on support or favorable circumstances.

Is this new? Are people actually surprised by this?

I have seen some marauders that cant be healed through and just when you think they are dead they use their I win buttons.

Well, since there is no competitive pvp as to date, This post may be completely wrong when that is released. There is an extreme problem with squishyness, yes were medium armor blahblahblah but it seems we dont stand a chance against harder hitting classes such as sorc/sage shadow/assasin and smuggler/operative .From what i noticed our charge is extremely buggy even if it hits, we end up where the target was instead of where it is. Im not trying to complain here or anything, but if anyone has suggestions/how to fix these things please let me know :D

Here is a suggestion,

Watch this guy >

If he can do it, then there is no need to post that the class sucks, therefore you are wrong.

L2P is the solution OP, serious.

I dont really know what you are trying to prove. Melee and range usually have similar advantages and disadvantages in all of these games.

Mauraders/Sents or all melee that arent rogue types arent bad, but they are usually more dependant on support or favorable circumstances.

Is this new? Are people actually surprised by this?

I have seen some marauders that cant be healed through and just when you think they are dead they use their I win buttons.

There are no disadvantages to being ranged in this game, that's the point. There are however disadvantages to being melee.

I don't have to prove anything, you have to prove there's some alleged disadvantage to being ranged.

Sentinels and Marauders have exclusive raid buffs and are the only class with a healing debuff. They are a necessity in group PVP, and that's all that matters.

A 20% healing debuff is hardly a necessity when everyone gets a 30% debuff just by getting hit.

Sentinels and Marauders might actually be the best class in the game when played by a skilled player, simply because of how based you are on timing your abilities at clutch times.

We have the best survivability in the game, aswell as amongst the highest damage and burst.

Its all about praciticing your cd management.

There are no disadvantages to being ranged in this game, that's the point. There are however disadvantages to being melee.

I don't have to prove anything, you have to prove there's some alleged disadvantage to being ranged.

I guess you have it all figured out.

As most posters have stated, Sentinel / Marauder's have the potential to be amazing when played correctly. I love mine. I have nothing really to do at 50 anymore, i tried making alts but then I just end up missing my Sentinel. Im thinking about making a second one, so I can have one for Watchman and one for Focus spec ;)