This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they are to blame, its their game, their actions and their lack of communication.

There wasn't a lack of communication.

Simply people lacking a relatively low level of reading comprehension combined with an air of superiority in thinking they know better than those putting out the product.

When YOU create false expectations based on ASSUMPTIONS YOU made then any disappointment resulting from them is ... you guessed it ... on YOU.

Nice try at putting the blame on something other than yourselves though.

Game doesn't launch until the 20th, you're being rewarded for preordering by getting in the game early, and you're still whining? Fine, remove your preorder and launch on the 20th with everyone else. There is your static start time, now stop crying.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=286#edit286

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic,"

"And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, "

Right... even though the devs think its launched they are wrong too? lol

And for those of you who say we should have ordered sooner. Not everyone had that luxury. Some were deployed to other countries, some had bills to pay, some are kids who have fixed incomes, are are adults who have fixed incomes, some just wanted to test it first. The argument of you had power of this is false. We had the opportunity to have power over our EGA entrance date. Opportunity doesn't present itself equally to everyone. Murphy and his damn laws.

Excuses are fine and all but bottom line, EGA was dangled like a juicy morsal and those that jumped for it..got it! Yes, they GRABBED THAT THING!

And now they are getting the sweet, sweet rewards. I did not put in my code until like Dec. 5th, sucks but I am a reasonably intelligent human being who knew all the facts and knew what was going on.

How could I possibly know the details and the circumstances of EGA? I can read good ^^

Please. The couple hundred people on here are hardly a the majority of the community. In fact, they're barely a fraction of the total number of people who preordered, and are going to buy it in the future.

You need to multiply your 'couple hundred complainers' statistics alone say that if only 25% of the people got in, and there are almost 2 million of us in line, that only 1% have an issue with it? There are a few thousand unhappy customers ATM.

Just because servers don't show full at this point, you forgot that yesterday, they were completely full to the brim. I'm thinking somewhere along the line, that you also forgot that those people are probably working and waiting to get home.

They may have been full yesterday, but just because they aren't full now, doesn't mean they'll be logging in later. I still think this is a smart move because now they get to see how it handles during over a set period of time. How people log in and out.

Not everyone gets to stay home all day and wait for their e-mail and log in right away. It's just the way the world works.

Wow what alternate reality do you live in? they were not full to the brimm, My wife got in yesterday, I watched her play all day, the server was a ghost town most of the time, and if you are going by the link on the SWTOR site for server status, it was wrong, and BW admitted as much, the real server status could be seen when you logged in, and they were not all full, in fact when I looked at 7pm pst none were.

I just expected semi-frequent, ongoing waves of invites until everyone was either playing, or they needed time to get more servers spun up.

And why would you expect this?

Other MMOs that have done a staggered launch? Pretty sure there hasn't been any.

Something BW stated that they would be continuing to send out waves 24/7 during Early Access? Pretty sure that was never stated.

So where did the expectation come from other than a (poor) assumption you made based on nothing but a hunch?

The "only" one making you sit in limbo is yourself to be honest... go out, get some fresh air... heck even watch TV for all I can... noone is "forcing" you to Sith behind your PC untill you get your mail....

Unless ofcourse... wait... you want to play the very very very nano second your mail arrives...

Step away from the computer, there's a whole other world out there... and guess what, they don't even charge a fee to play it....

That's BS. Real life fees are way more expensive than MMO fees. Especially if you want a girlfriend.

Think about it, one trip to taco bell is 1/3 of your monthly subscription. That's 2 minutes of eating, where a subscription lasts hours and hours per month!

:p

Great. Please link me to where BW provided a rough schedule of when people would get early access. I (and a lot of other people) have been asking for one.

You won't be getting one, it was never an option. BW/Lucas/EA/whoever do not release numbers and information like that.

SWTOR doesn't launch untill the 20th friend.

I take it you have not read this

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

A huge team of talented, passionate people at BioWare, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts as well as many other partners all over the world poured their hearts and souls into this game.

We want to thank every single one of them for being part of the team that developed this game; it’s a monumental accomplishment.

Another group of people that we depended upon was you, the players. We had hundreds of thousands of players spend millions upon millions of hours beta testing this game.

Without you we never would have been able to build it; thank you for your contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours.

And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done; it will probably never be done as we’re committed to working on Star Wars: The Old Republic in order to keep improving it and delivering exemplary service to you, the customer. It’s going to be a great ride.

Finally, we can only think of one appropriate way to sign off on this auspicious occasion:

May the Force be with you!

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

From the words of the co-owners

In addition to the method of letting people in, there is the nonexistant customer service. Lines disconnected, stay on hold for hours just to be told that they are busy and hang up. No information on how to fix isuues, etc ...

This will have a lingering effect.

How many times have you heard someone say they will never play another Sony game again?

Many still doom SOE. Still they are the company that are most loyal to their players. It took them YEARS to even convince 50% of the player base that this is the fact....

BW wants to go through these years too it seems...

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

Spoiled little ham sandwich!!!

Let me translate, "I didn't get my way, I don't know when I will get my way, what you have to say is irrelevant, so leave me alone while I go over here and pout!"

Good grief I hope you don't vote!!! :D

Imagine I when you logged into the game it put you in a queue for your server.

Except, it didnt tell you what place you were in or tell you how long ou would be waiting, all you know is it could be days.

After a couple -days- in that queue with zero info why is it hard for some to understand people being upset? Some got in within minutes, some hours, but the people who have to wait days get nothing to go on?

Yeh. That's why this launch is fail. I think most would be fine being in a queue that tells them their place and estimates a time for it.

Actually i got lied at when preordering here is the mail i got before preordering which was quite missleading then...

Original in german:

Selbst wenn Sie jetzt noch Ihren SWTOR Key + Preorder Key bestellen, kommen

Sie garantiert in den Genuß, das am meist erwartete Online-Rollenspiel des

Jahres schon am 15. Dezember und somit 5 Tage vor dem offiziellen

Release-Termin am 20.12. zu spielen!

translation:

Even if you preorder your SWTOR Key + Preorder Key now, you will be guaranteed to get the joy of playing the most anticipated Online-Roleplaying game of the year on the 15th of December and therefore five days before official releasedate at 20.12!

Quite missleading isnt it?

Ouch. Translation errors guaranteed you 5 days? They better hold up to that one, we all got 'May get' they botched and gave you a set date, you, unlike us, are actually entitled to being pissed if you don't get your 5, cause in your case, they have to fullfill their agreement.

Just because servers don't show full at this point, you forgot that yesterday, they were completely full to the brim. I'm thinking somewhere along the line, that you also forgot that those people are probably working and waiting to get home.

They may have been full yesterday, but just because they aren't full now, doesn't mean they'll be logging in later. I still think this is a smart move because now they get to see how it handles during over a set period of time. How people log in and out.

Not everyone gets to stay home all day and wait for their e-mail and log in right away. It's just the way the world works.

Actually they weren't brimming, they had a lower plAyer limit set on the servers yesterday and said as much in their post for the invites today. Thus why they went from full to light in a matter of minutes last night.